Couple still in recovery after attack

Couple still in recovery after attack

There are 4 comments on the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal story from Oct 23, 2008, titled Couple still in recovery after attack. In it, Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that:

Daily Journal reports TUPELO - The Monroe County couple that was assaulted during a reported break-in at their home Sunday are listed in good condition at the Northeast Mississippi Medical Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal.

vickie haning

AOL

#1 Oct 25, 2008
It takes some cold hearted people to do something like this! This could have been your parents or grandparents or mine...people need to take back their comunity's and neighbor hoods from crime,get nosey,that's what it takes now.
dana taylor

Brandon, MS

#3 Oct 28, 2008
i'm not sure where ms haning lives..but this happened late at night..there aren't too many nosey people up at those hours...But I do agree...its always nice to know your neigbors and whats going on if it looks suspicious....then call..and find out....it only takes a second to call and make sure...
blueeyesjr88fan

Bloomington, IL

#4 Nov 4, 2008
I live in New Mexico where it is more populated than in Amory where this happened. Like Ms. Taylor said, there aren't very many people up at that hour in the neighborhood where Doyle and Virginia live. The entire town of Amory is quiet and peaceful. Certainly, residents are use to this type of activity. My love and prayers go out to Virginia & Doyle in hopes that they can find the peacefulness they deserve again.
Wondering

United States

#5 Oct 31, 2011
State rep. Jimmy Puckett tried to get a lighter sentence for the white guy that did this.He asked for probation only!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moving to Amory (Dec '13) 11 hr Someone 5
David Long, anyone have any info? 12 hr Someone 1
kayla richey 12 hr Longone 2
Jeff Palmer/crookedcop 22 hr WashingtonTimes 1
Alex Christian... What is this guy's story? (Feb '15) Fri adventurous girl 3
News Junior Auxiliary hosts School Aid lunch Aug 26 All one size 1
peggy crane Aug 26 WOW 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Amory Mortgages