Smithville devastated by Wednesday's ...

Smithville devastated by Wednesday's storm

There are 9 comments on the Times Post story from Apr 28, 2011, titled Smithville devastated by Wednesday's storm. In it, Times Post reports that:

Early unofficial reports indicated that as many as 12 people could be dead after a tornado roared through this north Monroe County community, and the degree of destruction indicated that the number could go higher.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Post.

deborah nbesmith

United States

#1 Apr 28, 2011
I am sorry to read about the weather in your area yesterday. I. Was not sure where Smithville Miss was located until yesterday when after a heavy storm in our area Rogersville. Ala. Isaw thing in my yard . I got out side to check it out and found a water bill from Smithville,Miss, several things have been found in this area from SmithvillE. My prayers are with the people in your area. As well as several areas acoss Ala abd Ga,Tenb.s
Kristi Proffitt

Frisco, TX

#2 Apr 28, 2011
I heard about the storms and the destruction of the town. I have a lot of family there and are hoping everyone came through ok. I am on Facebook at kristi Riley let me know if anyone knows the ausbornes and how they are

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3 Apr 28, 2011
deborah nbesmith wrote:
I am sorry to read about the weather in your area yesterday. I. Was not sure where Smithville Miss was located until yesterday when after a heavy storm in our area Rogersville. Ala. Isaw thing in my yard . I got out side to check it out and found a water bill from Smithville,Miss, several things have been found in this area from SmithvillE. My prayers are with the people in your area. As well as several areas acoss Ala abd Ga,Tenb.s
Wow that is crazy! I can't believe you found a water bill from another state all the way in your yard! I haven't seen weather like this in my entire life!

Top Mod 7
nessie

Charlotte, NC

#4 Apr 28, 2011
I am trying to find information on Randy Leach and family anyone with info please post I havent been able to reach them since the tornado they live in Smithville
Vanessa Edwards

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2011
Can anyone give me information on Maggie Edwards and family in Smithville, Ms. They are cousins of mine and I want to know how they are and how I can get in touch with them.
Victoria Vines

Tallahassee, FL

#6 Apr 29, 2011
I have family buried in the Smithville cemetery. If anyone knows where I can find a list of the damaged gravesites, I would greatly appreciate it.
MAXEY

Gainesville, FL

#7 Apr 29, 2011
Victoria, I also have family beside the Baptist Church, Maxey Cemetery & Siloam Cemetery -- 5 generations. Please let me know if you find out anything. JLMT417yahoo.com THANKS
Jo Gilbert

Wayzata, MN

#8 Apr 29, 2011
Looking for information on family members: Reba Fay Duncan, Allen Duncan, Deborah & David of Smithville, MS
Amy

Huntsville, AL

#9 May 6, 2011
I live a few miles north of Rogersville, AL. We also found items in our yard/pasture from Smithville. I found a piece of a check that says Town Warrant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Proposed Itawamba County animal shelter still n... (Apr '16) 11 hr neversaynever123 4
News Mantachie board equips police with new rifles Nov 26 Anonymous 63
mueller (Sep '15) Nov 25 neversaynever123 4
Jail Nov 25 neversaynever123 2
Tina Laurenzi using the Lord's name in Vain (Sep '14) Nov 22 Lee County EMT 9
Mikayla Klaeson Nov 16 Just passing thru 1
News Amory aldermen face tough issues on commercial ... Nov 14 I Know 4

Amory Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Amory Mortgages