Amory moves to make police chief an a...

Amory moves to make police chief an appointed post; Bowen surprised

There are 2 comments on the Newms360.com story from Dec 6, 2012, titled Amory moves to make police chief an appointed post; Bowen surprised. In it, Newms360.com reports that:

The board of aldermen voted 4-1 to change the position of chief of police from an elected to an appointed position during an executive session of it's regular-called meeting on Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newms360.com.

mad mad mad

Tucker, GA

#1 Dec 7, 2012
Sounds to me like Amory has a good Chief who doesn't kiss the boards butt. Normally when you have a chief who the people elect he can do the job without interference from the mayor and board. That means the board can't pressure the department to get their "good ol boys" out of Dui's and such, sounds to me like mayor Boozer and the board want to be control freak's so they can do illegal acts suck as interfere with they daily operations of the police department. How can a towns mayor refuse on the live news to acknowledge the voters option. i dont wanna talk about that was his answer. someone will be watching you Mayor Boozer and board. The campaign to UNelect the Mayor has been started today. You and your croneys will not control Amory law enforcement
Larry

Saltillo, MS

#2 Feb 24, 2013
mad mad mad wrote:
Sounds to me like Amory has a good Chief who doesn't kiss the boards butt. Normally when you have a chief who the people elect he can do the job without interference from the mayor and board. That means the board can't pressure the department to get their "good ol boys" out of Dui's and such, sounds to me like mayor Boozer and the board want to be control freak's so they can do illegal acts suck as interfere with they daily operations of the police department. How can a towns mayor refuse on the live news to acknowledge the voters option. i dont wanna talk about that was his answer. someone will be watching you Mayor Boozer and board. The campaign to UNelect the Mayor has been started today. You and your croneys will not control Amory law enforcement
Crime and drugs are up where Ronnie ? I know working out on city time in tupelo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone know a girl named lulu? (Oct '14) 4 hr SouthernHope 28
News Jail bills headed to governor's desk 9 hr Rod Knox 10
Capn D's 10 hr Wondering 1
Marley Oswalt Sun Countrygirl143 1
News Lee, Itawamba jail bill advances in Legislature Mar 25 One For Thugs 3
No Business Mar 24 Wondering 1
News Jail bills for Lee, Itawamba yet to move in Senate Mar 23 Al American 8

Amory Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance