police: motorcyclist hits dump truck, dies.

Full story: Newsday 29
A dump truck driver was arrested and charged for driving without a license Friday after he collided with a motorcyclist who ran a red light, killing him, Suffolk police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ANDAR

Glen Cove, NY

#1 Jun 14, 2008
rest in peace chris we all miss and love you
kelly

Glen Cove, NY

#2 Jun 14, 2008
rest in peace chris, you were always so nice to me and you always said please and thank you. we hope you're in a better place, we love you!!!!!!!!
kelly

Glen Cove, NY

#3 Jun 14, 2008
"lata kelzzz"
mari

AOL

#6 Jun 14, 2008
He ran the light. Better for him to have run into a dump truck than a minivan filled with kids. Motorcyclists drive to fast and they MUST follow the same rules as cars. Unfortunately, not many of them do and this has cost this young man his life.
paul wall

Bronx, NY

#10 Jun 14, 2008
Concerned Long Islander wrote:
Ok..this is a perfect opportunity to get this concrete corp on charges of hiring ILLEGAL ALIENS! The law is there -- run them out of business! Shut the door to these ILLEGAL ALIENS. What's the punishment for killing someone while driving without a license? Nothing but a slap on the wrist. Get behind Levy. Stop the pandering and the free giveawys to these rapers of our country. I, for one, am sick of it! And, as a person of original American heritage, I say "ENOUGH." They rape our jobs, they rape our healthcare, they rape our education system, they rape our language, they rape our neighborhoods with their third-world mentality. PUT THEM ALL UP ON CHARGES OR GET THEM THE HELL OUT!
you're right on all points.consumers shouldn't hire companies that use illegals as employees.report them instead.
bus passenger

AOL

#12 Jun 14, 2008
i was a passenger on a suffolk bus
backed up in traffic and saw the
remnants of this accident but there
was no dump truck in sight - the
motorcycle was laying on its side
and there were two cars right next
to each other that were smashed and
quite damaged - does any reader know
why this is not in the report of this
accident - there is no information
why? anyone out there see this too?
Jim

Edison, NJ

#25 Jun 28, 2008
Seems pretty sad that some guy driving a truck, minding his own business, has his day (life?) ruined because of some motorcycling tard ... being unlicensed doesn't jeopardize anyone's life, but being a reckless driver does. But, karma always comes around in the end.
Gary

Palm Harbor, FL

#26 Jul 2, 2008
Jim, Of course being unlicensed jeopardizes someone's life. If he wasn't driving, as he should not have been because he was unlicensed, Chris would not have been killed, you moron!
Facts Unknown

Palm Harbor, FL

#27 Jul 2, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
He was charged with driving without a license. Licenses are good for ten years in New York. If he’s 22 and got it when he’s 18, he should have six years left. He never had one and probably couldn‘t get a CDL because he‘s an illegal immigrant.
It’s also true due to the skid marks the biker was speeding. Like I said before, this is two people shouldn’t have been doing what they were.
The police are not even sure that the skid marks are from that particular motorcycle.
ABC

Englishtown, NJ

#28 Jul 5, 2008
bus passenger wrote:
i was a passenger on a suffolk bus
backed up in traffic and saw the
remnants of this accident but there
was no dump truck in sight - the
motorcycle was laying on its side
and there were two cars right next
to each other that were smashed and
quite damaged - does any reader know
why this is not in the report of this
accident - there is no information
why? anyone out there see this too?
Was the car accident related to the motorcycle accident? I did not see anything of this in the reports. Any other information?
Driving without a license is a crime before speeding is. you cant be on the road without a license. end of story.
Red

East Meadow, NY

#29 Jul 7, 2008
Look I knew Chris I hungout with him almost everyday Chris was my best friend and all of you people who are on here assuming what happened need to get the facts straight, they do not know deffinite that he ran the red light I know he would not have ran a red light being that he always was a very safe and cautious rider whenever I would see him riding. The fact that nobody seems to think hey maybe he was going under the bridge and the light turned yellow maybe he was unable to stop in time and the dumptruck decided to start rolling through the red light to make the left before he even had a green light I have seen truck drivers do it being that it takes a second for those trucks to get rolling. The main point I am trying to get across is don't be so quick to place the blame on Chris because of how things like this normally occur so Jim I hope your karma comes around for that close minded assumption of a comment you left.

R.I.P. Chris I miss you bro
Auntie P

Palm Harbor, FL

#30 Jul 8, 2008
Red wrote:
Look I knew Chris I hungout with him almost everyday Chris was my best friend and all of you people who are on here assuming what happened need to get the facts straight, they do not know deffinite that he ran the red light I know he would not have ran a red light being that he always was a very safe and cautious rider whenever I would see him riding. The fact that nobody seems to think hey maybe he was going under the bridge and the light turned yellow maybe he was unable to stop in time and the dumptruck decided to start rolling through the red light to make the left before he even had a green light I have seen truck drivers do it being that it takes a second for those trucks to get rolling. The main point I am trying to get across is don't be so quick to place the blame on Chris because of how things like this normally occur so Jim I hope your karma comes around for that close minded assumption of a comment you left.
R.I.P. Chris I miss you bro
Way to go Red! I would like to get in touch with you. Call me please!
jay

New York, NY

#31 Jul 18, 2008
my best wishes to the regula family R.I.P CHRIS REGULA
george from new york

Baldwin, NY

#32 Jul 21, 2008
First of all I would like to say my heart goes out to the parents and loved one of the motorcyclist who died. He should not have been speeding and running the red light, did he have it coming, no. As far as the truck driver being unlicensed, you he could have been licened and lost it for not paying a ticket on time, New York State likes to do that if your late on a ticket, but that doesn't mean he was an illegal immagrant. As the story goes, he didn't run the red light, the kid on the bike did. I feel bad for both families, not just one, two lives were destroyed in this event. The kid on the bike should have thouhgt better and not put his life so far at risk, but we all know the errors we make when we are young. It could have been anyone driving licened or unlicened that he hit and then what would everyone say" dam bastarded, going on a green light." What the kid on the bike did was teach us all a lesson, stop and slow down, that 1 minute were gonna be late is not worth our lives nor risking lives of others. Be happy for what you got and dont take it for granted because it can all be gone when we wake up in the morning and then what, life goes on! May he rest in peace and be in a better place and may we all remember what he taught us. Life is too precious.
DMY

Brooklyn, NY

#33 Aug 5, 2008
Red wrote:
Look I knew Chris I hungout with him almost everyday Chris was my best friend and all of you people who are on here assuming what happened need to get the facts straight, they do not know deffinite that he ran the red light I know he would not have ran a red light being that he always was a very safe and cautious rider whenever I would see him riding. The fact that nobody seems to think hey maybe he was going under the bridge and the light turned yellow maybe he was unable to stop in time and the dumptruck decided to start rolling through the red light to make the left before he even had a green light I have seen truck drivers do it being that it takes a second for those trucks to get rolling. The main point I am trying to get across is don't be so quick to place the blame on Chris because of how things like this normally occur so Jim I hope your karma comes around for that close minded assumption of a comment you left.
R.I.P. Chris I miss you bro
I agree with Red. Chris Regula was one of the best, most extraordinary people I have ever met. Literally hundreds of people attended his funeral to honor this extremely well loved, kind, gentle, generous, good young man. Those of you who have formed opinions and condemned Christopher's actions based on a dubious newspaper article should be ashamed of yourselves. Are you even aware that the police investigation is still ongoing and that the police are still looking for witnesses? What kind of a person would write such horrible comments about an accident victim without knowing the actual details? All we really know is that Chris was driving a motorcycle and the other guy, who was in this country illegally, was driving a commercial truck without a drivers license. The police are still analyzing evidence, in an attempt to reconstruct the accident. Regardless of who was at fault this was a horrific tragedy which has impacted many, many lives. Perhaps you should just focus on the grief of his family and friends, rather than comdemning a wonderful kid like Chris and writing such cruel, insensitive comments.
Speachless

Stamford, CT

#37 Aug 6, 2008
Death Race wrote:
It&#8217;s nice to know that at least these bikes go fast enough for a definite kill instead of a life of pain.
Please do something else with your time. You are unbelievable. Sounds like your comments are setting you up for a life of pain. Emotional pain can at times be worse than physical pain. We would appreciate you keep you negative attitude to yourself, or find the correct forum for you to get out some of your horrible feelings because this is not it. R.I.P. CHRISTOPHER:-) WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS!!!!!
Speachless

Stamford, CT

#41 Aug 6, 2008
Jim wrote:
Seems pretty sad that some guy driving a truck, minding his own business, has his day (life?) ruined because of some motorcycling tard ... being unlicensed doesn't jeopardize anyone's life, but being a reckless driver does. But, karma always comes around in the end.
JIM All I can do is laugh at you. You are so ignorant. You feel bad for some guy driving a truck THAT HE KNEW HE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DRIVING. His life is ruined boo-hoo:-( So I guess you saw the accident to know that Christopher was being reckless???? KARMA comes around hun? Well I hope your not looking forward to yours because based on your comments you won't ever be as blessed as Christopher is :-)
Speechless

Stamford, CT

#42 Aug 7, 2008
mari wrote:
He ran the light. Better for him to have run into a dump truck than a minivan filled with kids. Motorcyclists drive to fast and they MUST follow the same rules as cars. Unfortunately, not many of them do and this has cost this young man his life.
Mari- Your little story about a minivan full of kids was uncalled for. PLEASE you act like Christopher was driving drunk and endangering other peoples lives. "Motorcyclists drive to fast" that's what you have to say, yeah maybe some do just like cars do and TRUCKS also. So please save your dramatic senarios. IT wasn't a minivan full of kids now was it?? IT WAS A DUMPTRUCK DRIVIN BY AN UNLICENSED DRIVER. You were not in the truck with the other driver to know what he was doing at the time of the accident. Relax with blaming Christopher just because he was on a motorcycle and you obviously have preconceived notions about motorcyclists. IMMIGRANTS WHETHER LEGAL OR ILLEGAL NEED TO FOLLOWS THE LAWS OF THE ROADS TOO NOT JUST MOTORCYCLISTS. Something has truely blinded you in this case and you need to think about what your saying before you say it. Good thing most people are rational and will pay no mind to your unnecessary comments. I LOVE YOU CHRIS!!! I MISS YOU!! I AM SO THANKFUL TO HAVE BEEN A PART OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL LIFE:-) YOU WERE SOOOOO GOOD TO ALL OF US!!!!!!!
Concerned

Stamford, CT

#43 Aug 8, 2008
bus passenger wrote:
i was a passenger on a suffolk bus
backed up in traffic and saw the
remnants of this accident but there
was no dump truck in sight - the
motorcycle was laying on its side
and there were two cars right next
to each other that were smashed and
quite damaged - does any reader know
why this is not in the report of this
accident - there is no information
why? anyone out there see this too?
Any information on two cars you saw??
little sister

Brooklyn, NY

#44 Jan 24, 2009
i cant believe some of the things i have read on this site. NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HAPPEN. So all these people assuming my brother was speeding and was not a safe driver, have no idea about the type of person you are talking about. NO BODY AS DETAILS OF THE ACCIDENT.So there is no reason for people putting up unnecessary comments about my brother. YOU DID'NT KNOW HIM AND YOU WHERE NOT THERE SO PLEASE LET MY BROTHER REST IN PEACE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amityville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oil company bilked out of $142,000 (Mar '07) 1 hr Mr Chow 335
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr BORING 6,439
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 2 hr Paul 16,789
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Sam 757
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 5 hr who 674
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 5 hr No one 440
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Good question 6,388
•••

Amityville News Video

•••
•••

Amityville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Amityville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Amityville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Amityville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••