Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday

For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish.
Comments
7,341 - 7,360 of 7,854 Comments Last updated Sunday Jul 13

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Frank wrote:
From The Daily Mail:
Mother who decided not to abort disabled baby after seeing his smile in a 3D scan tells how she cuddled him with joy for his precious few hours of life
A mother was unable to abort her severely disabled son despite doctors’ warnings after seeing her baby’s smile in a 3D scan picture.
Katyia Rowe was told her baby’s brain had not formed properly and that he would never walk or talk and would need 24-hour care.
But after seeing real-time moving scans of him smiling, blowing bubbles, kicking and waving his arms she made the heartbreaking decision to go through with the birth.
Tragically Lucian, as she named him, died nine hours after he was born.
Despite the ordeal, Ms Rowe said she had no regrets going through with the birth as she was able to cuddle her baby son.
Katyia, 26, a training administrator, said:‘We were devastated to be told our son’s brain abnormalities were so severe they were life limiting we should consider a termination.
My wife and I went through a similar situation. Our son had a condition called fetal hydrops which is extra fluid around 2 or more parts of the baby. In his case it was around the lungs and head. Every Dr. appointment up until 21 weeks he was perfectly healthy. When the Dr's found out they pushed hard for us to "terminate" him. Every appointment afterwards they would bring it aborting the baby at least a few times each time. My wife's faith was really tested she went through a lot of painful tests and pressure from the Dr's. She credits her faith and my support as well as support from the priest we meet with to stay strong in her faith and keep him no matter what. She really fought for him, each ultra sound his heart beat was always normal and he was moving around a lot. All tests came back perfectly fine except for the fluid. They drained the fluid and it came back again. To make a long story short he died at 26 weeks and she had to give birth to him. It was very sad but at the same time I couldn't have been more proud of her. She put her life on the line for him when they advised her not to and non verbally scoffed faith in God. Since then she has only turned closer to God and the Blessed Mother and gained a strong devotion to St. Gianna. It really put into perspective the value of a life and even though he wasn't born be both feel as if he knew him. He had a personality he just didn't get the chance to show it in the outside world. She used to be one birth control years ago and now realizes the churches teachings on it is correct. Trusting in God and his nature only leads us close to him. It caused us to communicate more and brought us even closer together which we didn't think was possible. I decided to share this story because its always comforting to know your not the only one that went through something. Our marriage is only stronger and when we do finally have another child we will only appreciate our child that much more. She now is getting involved in as many pro life causes that she can.
GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep praying as I do every night that Fr Mason will be healed healthier than he has been in decades, and for him to live a Healthy,
happy, Holy Spirit filled, very long life.
If this happens, then I will have to apologize to Msgr, as I did not expect to ever see the Latin mass return at OLLMP
I'll sure pray for him. Maybe this will give him more energy. It's great to hear. It's a good sign.
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Empowering pedophiles
By ANNE HENDERSHOTT---WONDER WHAT ANTHONY WOULD THINK OF THIS SICKNESS!
Last Updated: 12:38 AM, January 16, 2013
Posted: 11:36 PM, January 15, 2013
Attorneys for convicted child sex-abuser Jerry Sandusky last week went to court to get their client’s 30- to 60-year prison sentence overturned, while other Penn State officials may yet escape prosecution for failing to protect young boys from Sandusky. But the real outrage on the child-abuse front is occurring in academia — a drive to redefine pedophilia as innocuous “intergenerational intimacy.”
J. Michael Bailey of Northwestern University last year published a paper in the Archives of Sexual Behavior arguing that “persuasive evidence for the harmfulness of pedophilic relationships does not yet exist.”
AP
A normal guy, academics say: Sandusky arriving in court last week.
The revisionists even argue that efforts to protect children are the real danger. In her 2002 book “Harmful to Minors: The Perils of Protecting Children from Sex”(University of Minnesota Press), Judith Levine offered a “radical, refreshing and long overdue reassessment of how we think and act about children’s and teen’s sexuality.” In interviews, she claimed that, while “we do have to protect children from real dangers, that doesn’t mean protecting some fantasy of their sexual innocence.”
This redefinition of childhood innocence as a mere “fantasy” is key to defining away the deviance of pedophilia. Drawing upon the language of postmodern theory, those working to redefine pedophilia are first redefining childhood by claiming that it is not a biological given. Rather, it is socially constructed — a historically produced, social object.
As far back as 1990, the Journal of Homosexuality published a double issue on what it termed “Inter-generational Intimacy.” In one article, David Thorstad, former president of New York’s Gay Activists Alliance and founding member of the North American Man-Boy Love Association, wrote that “boy-love occurs in every neighborhood today.”
The American Psychological Association also helped to define down pedophilia in 1998 when its Psychological Bulletin published “A Meta-analytic Examination of Assumed Properties of Child Sexual Abuse.” The study’s three authors (Bruce Rind, Phillip Tromovitch and Robert Bauserman) suggested that such abuse does not cause harm and recommended that pedophilia should instead be given a “value neutral” label like “adult-child sex.”
NAMBLA quickly posted what it called the “good news” on its Web site, gushing that the “current war on boy-lovers has no basis in science.”
But NAMBLA is hardly the only non-academic enabler of this poisonous nonsense. The ACLU rushed to NAMBLA’s defense against a 2000 federal civil-rights lawsuit. The $200 million wrongful-death suit claimed that writings on NAMBLA’s site caused NAMBLA member Charles Jaynes to torture, rape and murder a 10-year-old Boston boy. The ACLU’s intervention eventually helped persuade the murdered boy’s parents to drop the suit.
And now there are media enablers, too. In the wake of Britain’s outrage over Jimmy Savile, the late BBC mega-star music host who has been accused of sexually abusing “hundreds” of children over the past four decades, the Guardian this month published Jon Henley’s article “Pedophilia: Bringing Dark Desires Into the Light.”
Henley cites a long list of experts, including many mentioned above, who argue that adult sexual attraction to children is “part of the continuum of human sexuality.” He claims that “there is a growing conviction, notably in Canada, that pedophilia should probably be classified as a distinct sexual orientation, like heterosexuality or homosexuality.”
It seems unimaginable that the likes of Henley will ever change our near-universal abhorrence of pedophilia, but the drive to redefine it may yet influence elite opinion or the courts. Without a doubt, NAMBLA and its academic enablers will continue their campaign to define down this
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

GodBless wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife and I went through a similar situation. Our son had a condition called fetal hydrops which is extra fluid around 2 or more parts of the baby. In his case it was around the lungs and head. Every Dr. appointment up until 21 weeks he was perfectly healthy. When the Dr's found out they pushed hard for us to "terminate" him. Every appointment afterwards they would bring it aborting the baby at least a few times each time. My wife's faith was really tested she went through a lot of painful tests and pressure from the Dr's. She credits her faith and my support as well as support from the priest we meet with to stay strong in her faith and keep him no matter what. She really fought for him, each ultra sound his heart beat was always normal and he was moving around a lot. All tests came back perfectly fine except for the fluid. They drained the fluid and it came back again. To make a long story short he died at 26 weeks and she had to give birth to him. It was very sad but at the same time I couldn't have been more proud of her. She put her life on the line for him when they advised her not to and non verbally scoffed faith in God. Since then she has only turned closer to God and the Blessed Mother and gained a strong devotion to St. Gianna. It really put into perspective the value of a life and even though he wasn't born be both feel as if he knew him. He had a personality he just didn't get the chance to show it in the outside world. She used to be one birth control years ago and now realizes the churches teachings on it is correct. Trusting in God and his nature only leads us close to him. It caused us to communicate more and brought us even closer together which we didn't think was possible. I decided to share this story because its always comforting to know your not the only one that went through something. Our marriage is only stronger and when we do finally have another child we will only appreciate our child that much more. She now is getting involved in as many pro life causes that she can.
God bless you and your family both here on on earth and in heaven. Your child in heaven lives!!
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Tha great news about the Latin mass returning!!
GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Thank you Frank.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Frank wrote:
Empowering pedophiles
By ANNE HENDERSHOTT---WONDER WHAT ANTHONY WOULD THINK OF THIS SICKNESS!
Last Updated: 12:38 AM, January 16, 2013
These people who give advice, and claim to be the "educational elite"
must have no moral compass whatsoever. If it were up them, every convict in jail would be let out of prisons, and we would be looked upon as people with "convictitis" That we want them in jail because they do not think as we do. Right is wrong, and wrong is right.
How sick are they, these elitist educated morons. And these are the people who get paid for teaching our children in school, and if they had their way, they would have classes whereby our children would be forced to experience every deviant behavior known to civilized people. Probably each one of the Teachers are sexual deviants themselves.
And this is what GOD had his son pour out his life, and suffer the horrible torture he did to save us? I pray each day that GOD forgive our world, and our nation, for what the world and our nation has become. The non-believing I would expect to be despicable, but not the Believing, who are falling in line with the non-believers. Worse than that is that the teachers of the faith are teaching those non-believing ways as being part of our religion.
Just as I had reported about that church in Enfield Connecticut, that had confession during the mass silently, and then the whole church got up to receive the host. Now what would you expect those parishioners to believe? The person that reported what had happened and experienced it, was mortified. And that person is not what I would call a "Practicing Catholic". Fortunately that person had the good sense to not participate in going up to receive the host, and to call my home and ask if our parishes do the same. As Bob Grant would say "Its sick out there, and getting sicker".
God have mercy on us all, and protect the faithful.
Dominus vobiscum
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
These people who give advice, and claim to be the "educational elite"
must have no moral compass whatsoever. If it were up them, every convict in jail would be let out of prisons, and we would be looked upon as people with "convictitis" That we want them in jail because they do not think as we do. Right is wrong, and wrong is right.
How sick are they, these elitist educated morons. And these are the people who get paid for teaching our children in school, and if they had their way, they would have classes whereby our children would be forced to experience every deviant behavior known to civilized people. Probably each one of the Teachers are sexual deviants themselves.
And this is what GOD had his son pour out his life, and suffer the horrible torture he did to save us? I pray each day that GOD forgive our world, and our nation, for what the world and our nation has become. The non-believing I would expect to be despicable, but not the Believing, who are falling in line with the non-believers. Worse than that is that the teachers of the faith are teaching those non-believing ways as being part of our religion.
Just as I had reported about that church in Enfield Connecticut, that had confession during the mass silently, and then the whole church got up to receive the host. Now what would you expect those parishioners to believe? The person that reported what had happened and experienced it, was mortified. And that person is not what I would call a "Practicing Catholic". Fortunately that person had the good sense to not participate in going up to receive the host, and to call my home and ask if our parishes do the same. As Bob Grant would say "Its sick out there, and getting sicker".
God have mercy on us all, and protect the faithful.
Dominus vobiscum
you are so right Bruser. It's beyond disgusting

Btw--no Anthony??? Could it finally be the end to his tirades?? The power of prayer has succeeded in having him re think his behaviors. Good luck to you Anthony! Stay on track. You will be a much happier husband and father and a real role model for those whom you are close to

God bless you Anthony. And welcome back to a life well lived!

Frank

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

How does this man call himself a Catholic?

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/andrew-c...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

GodBless wrote:
And what about the Priests , Bishops, and Cardinals that give communion to those like Cuomo?
Unfortunately they only think about today and not what is going to happen to them once they are judged by our Lord.
We need to start telephoning Cardinal Dolan and urge him to start campaigning against this law. If our Cardinals and Bishops, do not lead the charge and oppose these liberals, then they will rot out our Diocese, and bring down damnation on the Church, starting with they themselves. I would imagine Msgr will lead this charge if we encourage him.
Dominus Vobiscum ,GodBless

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Sori , for double-post, thought I was on "Swift site"
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

GodBless wrote:
. Like his father before him --who proclaimed to be catholic- this "animal" also is a radical liberal

How dare the church hierarchy allow him communion!!!

Would they offer communion to hitler? He was also a so called catholic

God is watching closely and there will be judgement

Frank

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Frank wrote:
<quoted text> you are so right Bruser. It's beyond disgusting
Btw--no Anthony??? Could it finally be the end to his tirades?? The power of prayer has succeeded in having him re think his behaviors. Good luck to you Anthony! Stay on track. You will be a much happier husband and father and a real role model for those whom you are close to
God bless you Anthony. And welcome back to a life well lived!
Frank
I believe that he is still in denial, and can not do anything with his posts but to show how far he has fallen from the Catholic faith, and to antagonize and inflame.
On one of the other blogs where I had started it with my question, he would rant also as he had done here. Now that he had ceased posting there as well as here and the "swift" site, the pagan Wicca has also stop posting there. She has no "Pal" to help her in
her tirades against the Catholic church, and attacks on me. He never once tried to stand up for the Catholic church, and admonish her on any of her slanderous remarks against the Catholic church, or Jesus. We can but pray that he will return from the Darkness that he is in, and return to the Light that is in Jesus. He is in the Darkness and believes that he is in the light. Woe to he that is teaching Anthony these falsehoods, and to turn his back on the Pope and the Vatican. I fear that many are being led down the path of destruction, instead of the path to salvation. It is too easy to pass through the wide entrance that leads to destruction, than is it to pass through the narrow entrance. I dread to think of the coming horrors predicted in Revelations. GOD have mercy!
Dominus vobiscum

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Today bring to Me the Souls who especially venerate and glorify My Mercy*,

and immerse them in My mercy. These souls sorrowed most over my Passion and entered most deeply into My spirit. They are living images of My Compassionate Heart. These souls will shine with a special brightness in the next life. Not one of them will go into the fire of hell. I shall particularly defend each one of them at the hour of death.

Most Merciful Jesus, whose Heart is Love Itself, receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who particularly extol and venerate the greatness of Your mercy. These souls are mighty with the very power of God Himself. In the midst of all afflictions and adversities they go forward, confident of Your mercy; and united to You, O Jesus, they carry all mankind on their shoulders. These souls will not be judged severely, but Your mercy will embrace them as they depart from this life.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls who glorify and venerate Your greatest attribute, that of Your fathomless mercy, and who are enclosed in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. These souls are a living Gospel; their hands are full of deeds of mercy, and their hearts, overflowing with joy, sing a canticle of mercy to You, O Most High! I beg You O God:

Show them Your mercy according to the hope and trust they have placed in You. Let there be accomplished in them the promise of Jesus, who said to them that during their life, but especially at the hour of death, the souls who will venerate this fathomless mercy of His, He, Himself, will defend as His glory. Amen.

*The text leads one to conclude that in the first prayer directed to Jesus, Who is the Redeemer, it is "victim" souls and contemplatives that are being prayed for; those persons, that is, that voluntarily offered themselves to God for the salvation of their neighbor (see Col 1:24; 2 Cor 4:12). This explains their close union with the Savior and the extraordinary efficacy that their invisible activity has for others. In the second prayer, directed to the Father from whom comes "every worthwhile gift and every genuine benefit,"we recommend the "active" souls, who promote devotion to The Divine Mercy and exercise with it all the other works that lend themselves to the spiritual and material uplifting of their brethren.
Protectchildren

Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Vancouver+ar...
Is this the priest he brought in knowing he was suspended or was it another one? Father Damien Cooper (aka Lawrence cooper ) was stripped of his duties in Canada for sexual abuse of a girl , he was supposed to go to treatment, he ended up in linden hurst at our lady of perpetual help until he was removed for "problems of a similar nature" . Unfortunately, that did not stop him, he then went to work at, of all places, a rape crisis center for girls. He has a history of preying upon vulnerable young girls and he uses his position as a priest to gain the trust of his victims.
How can ny parish put other children at risk and protect those who prey upon others. This man was a sexual predator hiding in priests clothes, he makes it worse for those who are true priests and people of the church. Instead of protecting, hiding, or moving to a new church the church should not tolerate this behavior. A doctor, teacher, or any other person in a position of trust would be stripped of their license to practice given this behavior. I am wondering if the priest they new was suspended was Father Damien or if it is yet another priest
Protectchildren

Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Here's the link for the news article on father Damien going to ny
Sad if they knew the history & put others at risk, ultimately having it happen again in NY to another girl before he was removed and transferred yet again to a new pool of victims

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Protectchildren wrote:
Here's the link for the news article on father Damien going to ny
Sad if they knew the history & put others at risk, ultimately having it happen again in NY to another girl before he was removed and transferred yet again to a new pool of victims
We had a situation regarding a Priest named Mathew Blockley,that in the worked in the Diocese of RVC also for 10 years while his Faculties had been removed by his Bishop in Chalan Kanoa Mariana Isle's. When the Parishioners made much noise about his actions,
and the newspapers printed the story, the Bishop told that priest to immediately leave the Diocese and return back to his former Bishop in chalan Kanoa, which he never did. The whole story is very much involved with more than just the Bishop, which is why St. Chrysostom said "the floor of hell is lined with the skulls of Bishops. The Church doesn't seem capable of dealing with purging themselves of Sexual Deviants, Pedophiles, Giving communion to Politicians who further Abortions, Priests having sexual relations,(with males and/or Female)....not teaching the true Catechism as taught previous to Vatican Council II. I will print a piece from " The Roman Catholic Faithful" and their website to let you know you are not alone in your beliefs. GOD Bless you, and stay after with it,
Dominus Vobiscum

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Amityville News Video

•••
•••

Amityville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Amityville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE