SPCA: Amityville man beat, hung pit bull

SPCA: Amityville man beat, hung pit bull

There are 99 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 11, 2008, titled SPCA: Amityville man beat, hung pit bull. In it, Newsday reports that:

An Amityville man was arrested and charged with animal cruelty after a witness reported seeing him beat, kick and hang his pit bull by its collar from a backyard fence because the dog was barking, Suffolk SPCA ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Help us!”

Since: Dec 07

Queens

#93 Feb 12, 2008
Look at us! We're soooo cute!
Rainasmom

Lake Zurich, IL

#94 Feb 13, 2008
That piece of s$#! Lock that monster up. Better yet, shoot to kill. What sort of "human being" treats a defenseless creature that way?!
Rainasmom

Lake Zurich, IL

#95 Feb 13, 2008
Blueskies wrote:
WOW! And this dog did not turn around and maul this guy? That is what he needed. But then the story would have made the dog look like it was wrong. I hope this guy gets hung by his collar in jail and left to rot.
No, a pit bull would not do that to its owner. They're loyal, people-pleasing dogs. That "person" needs to have his ass kicked to within an inch of his life by someone his own size. He's a f&*$ing coward.
Rainasmom

Lake Zurich, IL

#96 Feb 14, 2008
Rottie Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
And obviously you are not fond of dogs. They deserve to be to be treated humanely too.
I love Rotties.
REV AL SHARPTON

Freeport, NY

#97 Feb 26, 2008
AMITYVILLE = GHETTO
REV AL SHARPTON

Freeport, NY

#98 Feb 26, 2008
PUT A FENCE AROUND AMITYVILLE LOCK THEM ALL IN GHETTOVILLE OF LI - Amity will be the next wyandanch you wait and see.
MoThEr Of HiS cHiLd

New York, NY

#99 Jul 11, 2008
NoNe of your opinions matter, the article itself was complete garbage...mostly lies and extra information to make the story more readable and entertaining as the media usually does...the alleged "witness" who never relesed his name by the way, also lied to the cops as well as the aspca so he could get some recognition...i never saw his ass again thats for sure. this kind of situation has nothiung to do with your race or whether or not you are from the north or south side of amityville or lindenhurst you ignorant group of asses, lets get it together here people and focus on your own lives...everyone who has an issue will be happy to kno we still own this dog...n to the man who said something about stringing my babys father up like a pinata? your mother should b strung up for raising such an ignorant, dimwitted person and not teaching anything worth listening to or reading...TahNk YoU
Marcus

Long Beach, NY

#100 May 25, 2009
Rose from Lindenhurst wrote:
I guess, you don't know Lindenhurst. Try the south shore my dear. Not the Ghetto. You should be educated before you make a statement
<quoted text>
South lindy aint too bad but north lindy is borderline ghetto... and the crime from north is getting into the south so its all messed up
not saying

United States

#101 May 26, 2009
Hey MCC....go outside and play hide and gofuck yourself.
MCC wrote:
<quoted text>
Amityville has their own PD. They have only one town to cover, yet are just as busy as the SCPD due to the crime level amongst Amityville residents.
not saying

United States

#102 May 26, 2009
And REV - your momming is calling - your grilled cheese and tomato soup is ready. And you can watch cartoons too.
REV AL SHARPTON wrote:
PUT A FENCE AROUND AMITYVILLE LOCK THEM ALL IN GHETTOVILLE OF LI - Amity will be the next wyandanch you wait and see.
not saying

United States

#103 May 26, 2009
- I meant 'mommy'
Tired of Judmental People

Brooklyn, NY

#104 Jan 27, 2010
hambone jackson wrote:
hope the judge hangs him by his butthole
Since you're such a dog lover and I can respect that, let me inform you as to what has happened in this case....the charges have been dropped. There was no sign of abuse to the dog other than that incident. Furthermore the dog was in fact well taken care of. The reason for the problem in the firs place was not because of mistreatment to the dog but a person who had constantly been harassing Marquis Roker and the dog was getting ready to attack him. Marquis in essence scolded the dog. Try getting the whole story before you judge others.

Brooklyn, NY

#105 Jan 27, 2010
not saying wrote:
- I meant 'mommy'
Oh and one more thing...the same person who called the police is the same person who was getting ready to be attcked. Again, know your facts!!

Brooklyn, NY

#106 Jan 27, 2010
REV AL SHARPTON wrote:
I am truly surprised at this statement Rev. Sharpton!!! But then I don't exactly know why I would be. I live in Amityville and have for the past 20 years. Most of the problems that occur in Amityville are due to lack of services provided in predominantly white neighborhoods. For example, my son who is Autstic has not been in a school that fits his needs since 2007. He has been on home instruction ever since, yet the school district is still collecting money off of him. I don't see ths happening in white neighborhoods. Do you? Oh no you don't because you don't look.
I know the young man that this article is speaking of. He is from a well-known family and they are well liked. He is not the monster that this article made him out to be. In fact, the same person who called the police on him is the same person that he was trying to protect from the dog. You should really know your facts before you submit ANY comments, especially being a politician in some form.

Brooklyn, NY

#107 Jan 27, 2010
Maccabees wrote:
It is impossible to know where to begin in commenting on this story. This dog, kept in this type of environment, is the exact dog that would have been capable of harming an innocent stranger. Not because it was born mean, but because it never stood a chance in regard to learning how to respond to people properly.
Those that have followed the fate of Michael Vick's dogs know that even after what they went through, most have been able to be rehabilitated. One is even now a therapy dog.
I don't know what this young man's problem is, but I don't know of any means of rehabilitation. He preys on the weak. He has no heart. He has no compassion. He has no mercy. I'll bet he has a record though. I'll bet it includes acts of violence.
People think. This time bomb hasn't gone off yet. I sincerely hope he has no children and no wife. As sad as this man's story is, it is going to get worse.
You really have no idea what you are talking about. Please review the facts in this case and then post a comment. The fact is that the person who called the police on this man, was about to be attacked by the same dog in this case. The dog was always well cared for. Marquis Roker stopped the dog from attacking the same person who was harassing him. Has it occured to anyone that this maybe some sort of retaliation against Mr. Roker. No it hasn't because human beings always look for the worst in each other. It's sad really but take it from someone who knows this case, all of your opinions are wrong. You have to be accountable to your own conscience but I would watch what kind of vibe I put out into the universe. His worst luck today could be yours tomorrow.

Brooklyn, NY

#108 Jan 27, 2010
xxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if I offended you (yea right) and it is YOU'RE not YOUR. Animals should be treated with the same respect as a humans. Maybe I am wrong but I cant see a WHITE person naming their child MARQUIS (looks bad on a resume and most likely will not get the job). So how do you know this is a white person????? Since YOU'RE (notice the correct word being used) so smart.
For your information, Marquis is a term used within the heirarchy of "old world" Society. The term is just below an Earldom and Just above Baronetcy. Meanwhile, a person's name should not determine their possibility of getting a job. Their qualifications should speak for themselves. You sound truly ignorant in your opinions and I would suggest that you revise them. Amazing!!! White people try to be like the very thing that they hate in blacks and vice versa.

Brooklyn, NY

#109 Jan 27, 2010
For all of you who are still interested in this case, you should be happy to know that the charges were dropped and that there was no sign of animal cruelty. The person who called the police was the same person that Marquis Roker that had been harassing him. As a result, the dog was going to attack the person and Marquis wouldn't let that happen. Furthermore this was a retailiation for something that Marquis had said to the man. You all, should be sued for slander, maligning someone's character the way you have but then what can we expect from people who don't get the full story before forming opinions.

Brooklyn, NY

#110 Jan 27, 2010
***forgive me...Marquis Roker was being harrassed by the guy who called the police stating animal cruelty. There were no formal charges brought as the dog had been noted to be well cared for. I just thought that you'd like to know.
liner

Bronx, NY

#111 Jan 27, 2010
You done yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amityville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 37 min Bruser 2,764
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sun Bruser 8,596
Why is the chief of north merrick FD parked in ... Sep 23 Rich Deth 1
News FHA Mortgage Focus Fuels Lend America's Rise (Jan '09) Sep 22 BRIAN FRIED Inven... 835
Help find someone who can castrate me. (Oct '16) Sep 21 Cubtx 8
What happened to Copiague? Sep 20 EastDrive 1
Neighbors and dogs Sep 20 Brooklyn Grandma 1

Amityville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Amityville Mortgages