SPCA: Amityville man beat, hung pit bull

SPCA: Amityville man beat, hung pit bull

There are 99 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 11, 2008, titled SPCA: Amityville man beat, hung pit bull. In it, Newsday reports that:

An Amityville man was arrested and charged with animal cruelty after a witness reported seeing him beat, kick and hang his pit bull by its collar from a backyard fence because the dog was barking, Suffolk SPCA ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
hambone jackson

Morristown, NJ

#1 Feb 11, 2008
hope the judge hangs him by his butthole
Not Compassionate

Stony Brook, NY

#2 Feb 11, 2008
he should be beaten and hung. Bastard...........
Blueskies

Levittown, NY

#3 Feb 11, 2008
WOW! And this dog did not turn around and maul this guy? That is what he needed. But then the story would have made the dog look like it was wrong. I hope this guy gets hung by his collar in jail and left to rot.
AMY FISHER

Freeport, NY

#4 Feb 11, 2008
What do you expect in Amityville / lindenhurst area it is like the Ghetto.
Black Planet

Coram, NY

#5 Feb 11, 2008
Why can't neqros behave? why are they always involved in criminal activity? why can't they just get a job and be productive????

“:::Almighty me:::”

Since: Feb 07

Huntington, NY

#6 Feb 11, 2008
Hang him!

..,•*'¯*•.
...*•-•*..
……..•*..La Diosa
…..•*.....
….(……..•*,
….*•.¸_¸.•
Big Mac

Hempstead, NY

#7 Feb 11, 2008
Doesn't this guy read the papers???
Get the collar out, hang him on the fence and see if his neighbors try to save him. I'll bet the dog has more redeeming qualities than this human animal...
Rose from Lindenhurst

Bronx, NY

#8 Feb 11, 2008
I guess, you don't know Lindenhurst. Try the south shore my dear. Not the Ghetto. You should be educated before you make a statement
AMY FISHER wrote:
Maccabees

Newport, AR

#9 Feb 11, 2008
It is impossible to know where to begin in commenting on this story. This dog, kept in this type of environment, is the exact dog that would have been capable of harming an innocent stranger. Not because it was born mean, but because it never stood a chance in regard to learning how to respond to people properly.

Those that have followed the fate of Michael Vick's dogs know that even after what they went through, most have been able to be rehabilitated. One is even now a therapy dog.

I don't know what this young man's problem is, but I don't know of any means of rehabilitation. He preys on the weak. He has no heart. He has no compassion. He has no mercy. I'll bet he has a record though. I'll bet it includes acts of violence.

People think. This time bomb hasn't gone off yet. I sincerely hope he has no children and no wife. As sad as this man's story is, it is going to get worse.
Gerry Knight

Newburgh, NY

#10 Feb 11, 2008
I hate Pitt Bulls.
stop the abusers

Southington, CT

#11 Feb 11, 2008
hambone jackson wrote:
hope the judge hangs him by his butthole
i was thinking maybe his balls
xxx

Southington, CT

#13 Feb 11, 2008
Black Planet wrote:
Why can't neqros behave? why are they always involved in criminal activity? why can't they just get a job and be productive????
then they cant blame the whites for all thier problems - we do keep them down in life - didnt you know that -lmao - I AGRRE WITH YOU 100%
Rev Al Sharpton

Freeport, NY

#16 Feb 11, 2008
Yes, I tell it like it is LINDENHURST is the GHETTO for Whitey. Do not argue with the Rev Al. Sharpton I know ghettos and Lindenhurst is a White Trash Ghetto. Take that car off you lawn and the illegal 2 family apts / rentals all over.
Rev Al Sharpton

Freeport, NY

#17 Feb 11, 2008
2 / 3 family rental illegal all over lindenhurst, man that brings down the area, expains why its so slummy in Lindenhurst - even South darling.
mmoore19971

Cottonwood, AZ

#20 Feb 11, 2008
xxx wrote:
<quoted text>
then they cant blame the whites for all thier problems - we do keep them down in life - didnt you know that -lmao - I AGRRE WITH YOU 100%
i know you just learned how to work the " internet machine" and i know where your from , and the kind of person you are , that READING is not on your list of prioities.....but try it sometime, you might find a fact or two that you know nothing about.....in other words....it was a c r a c k e r who did this dog like this....but back to the subject at hand....WHO CARES...WHY IS THIS NEWS?
IT'S A DOG PEOPLE , NOT A PERSON.
MCC

Centereach, NY

#21 Feb 11, 2008
Martin Tankleff wrote:
The Suffolk Police do not like Lindenhurst or Amityville.
Amityville has their own PD. They have only one town to cover, yet are just as busy as the SCPD due to the crime level amongst Amityville residents.
MCC

Centereach, NY

#22 Feb 11, 2008
mmoore19971 wrote:
<quoted text>i know you just learned how to work the " internet machine" and i know where your from , and the kind of person you are , that READING is not on your list of prioities.....but try it sometime, you might find a fact or two that you know nothing about.....in other words....it was a c r a c k e r who did this dog like this....but back to the subject at hand....WHO CARES...WHY IS THIS NEWS?
You must not have taken notice to the perp's name... Marquis Roker. Maybe a whole wheat crkr.. but def not a white one.
I am glad to know that you are spending your time on this forum, rather than doing anything that matters, or may affect others... your ridiculous opinion of animals speaks volumes about your lack of decency.
Patriot

Floral Park, NY

#23 Feb 11, 2008
Black, White, it doesn't make a difference. This guy should be strung up and turned into a pinata.
xxx

Southington, CT

#26 Feb 11, 2008
mmoore19971 wrote:
<quoted text>i know you just learned how to work the " internet machine" and i know where your from , and the kind of person you are , that READING is not on your list of prioities.....but try it sometime, you might find a fact or two that you know nothing about.....in other words....it was a c r a c k e r who did this dog like this....but back to the subject at hand....WHO CARES...WHY IS THIS NEWS?
Sorry if I offended you (yea right) and it is YOU'RE not YOUR. Animals should be treated with the same respect as a humans. Maybe I am wrong but I cant see a WHITE person naming their child MARQUIS (looks bad on a resume and most likely will not get the job). So how do you know this is a white person????? Since YOU'RE (notice the correct word being used) so smart.
typical

Brooklyn, NY

#27 Feb 11, 2008
AMY FISHER wrote:
so typical of someone in Bellmore to say that. You are so much better than everyone else? Give me a break.Yes, he is a complete dirtbag, but it is very obnoxious of you to condemn two towns because of him.....

may he rot in hell!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amityville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 5 hr Bruser 2,650
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sat Bruser 8,314
News Cops: Massapequa builder bilks customer out of ... (Nov '07) Jul 22 nancys 147
Samual Bruchey Jul 17 Long Island Newsday 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Jul 15 oksanakachmarchyk 46
Buying house in Levittown. How is commute? Scho... Jul 9 rks1582 1
Come to The Long Island Etiquette Forum Jul 7 Justice1212 1

Amityville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Amityville Mortgages