Who do you support for Governor in New York in 2010?

An unusually intense swarm of earthquakes has struck beneath a small suburb of Reno in Nevada, leaving residents shaken and scientists puzzling over the cause, the Los Angeles Time said on Thursday. Full Story
OLD NEWS

Boonville, NY

#6665 Jul 12, 2013
Get this post off of here its getting old to see it everyday
gnnmgle

Manassas, VA

#6666 Jul 12, 2013
Bill Van Rucker

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#6667 Jul 12, 2013
OLD NEWS wrote:
Get this post off of here its getting old to see it everyday
Then just turn it off and watch Honey Boo Boo marathons instead, something cerebral for you.
ThankYou

Bronx, NY

#6669 Jul 14, 2013
Hispanic here on vacation in Florida, Thanks for taking the rap on this one white people.

Location hidden

#6670 Jul 14, 2013
ThankYou wrote:
Hispanic here on vacation in Florida, Thanks for taking the rap on this one white people.
Ya, hey, no problem man. Just because George is one eight black, his mother is Peruvian, and his father is white shouldn't exclude him from the ku klux klan, by rev sharptons standards of everything being racial for a profit, he is a valuable resource to be exploited in the proper liberal/leftist news venues. And please, lets give a big shoutout to the constitutional adjunct professor for starting the ball of politically expedient trials rolling by saying "If I had had ason, he would have looked like Trayvon Martin". Lest we forget the meaning of egregious behavior.
Sandy

Woodbury, NY

#6671 Jul 14, 2013
Sweet! I've just received my free Riot Points!
>> FreeRiotPoints.me <<

Location hidden

#6672 Jul 15, 2013
The media said Zimmerman was a self-proclaimed Hispanic; a white Hispanic, ergo; is obama a self-proclaimed African-American?; is obama a White African-American, they both had a parent who was White. you decide what is fair and balanced in the eyes of anyone who is intellectually honest.
Fran

Massapequa Park, NY

#6673 Jul 15, 2013
I support Lhota for Mayor of New York City. He's the only one who gave a wise answer about Zimmerman vs. Martin.

He said the jury had examined all the evidence, and should be respected.

The rest of them made emotional, juvenile, pandering comments which only showed that they didn't have the time to delve into the facts.

But that didn't stop them from foolishly making inane comments.
G Washington

Garden City, NY

#6674 Jul 15, 2013
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>A howitzer is not a cannon with rifled bore.A howitzer is a short barreled cannon that has a trajectory between a cannon and a mortar. Regardless of rifling.In fact at that time the British employed very few rifled weapons of any type.The British felt the increase difficulty of manufacture and slower reload times of any and all rifled weapons offset the pros of rifling.In fact in the early days of rifled artillery a standard cannon was most likely to be rifled more than a howitzer.An example would be a Hotchkiss cannon of the late 1800's.
The British did have rifled seige mortars, referred to as Howitzers prior to the revolutionary war ansd were used in some battles.

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#6675 Jul 15, 2013
G Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
The British did have rifled seige mortars, referred to as Howitzers prior to the revolutionary war ansd were used in some battles.
True.The poster I was responding to was saying a howitzer is a rifled cannon. It is not by definition a rifled cannon. A rifled cannon is just that.A howitzer is an artillery piece with a It can be rifled but so to can mortars and cannons. My second point was just the fact that rifled weapons both small arms and artillery were extremely rare in British service at the time.The British opinion was that rifling is a novelty that is for the most part impractical to produce and use in a military setting.They had them,but rifled weapons of all types were far and few between and rarely used in battle. By the way a siege mortar is just a mortar a howitzer is a howitzer.They were originally developed by the Czechs and called howfnices.I have spent a lot of time and money learning history,design,and workings of guns and artillery.
cannon=a straight angle of trajectory
mortar= a steep angle of trajectory
howitzer=A shallow angle of trajectory

“"Trust no one"”

#6676 Jul 15, 2013
the Americans used much much more rifled weapons than the British.Our hunting and trapping heritage put many more rifles in the hands of men here and they were very well versed in their use.Our feild units had more rifled artillery from the fact that we were getting much of it from the Prussians and they were one of the early proponents and adopters of it.
Trigger Happy Crackers

Rochester, NY

#6677 Jul 15, 2013
FTW Yall wrote:
the Americans used much much more rifled weapons than the British.Our hunting and trapping heritage put many more rifles in the hands of men here and they were very well versed in their use.Our feild units had more rifled artillery from the fact that we were getting much of it from the Prussians and they were one of the early proponents and adopters of it.
you are well versed in a violent people in a violent land. Good ole American freedom to kill.
Trigger Happy Crackers

Rochester, NY

#6678 Jul 15, 2013
FTW Yall wrote:
your picture looks like you love meth.
G Washington

Garden City, NY

#6679 Jul 15, 2013
Trigger Happy Crackers wrote:
<quoted text>
you are well versed in a violent people in a violent land. Good ole American freedom to kill.
We can all learn from each other, unless you refuse to, reciting historical references doesn't equate to "gun happy", but then we have an administration that equates gang violence with lack of opportunity and gun violence.

When mafiosa are tried under RICO statutes there is applause, what about the crips and bloods, aren;t they also RICO compliant? Or are they major campaign contributors to the democratic party in chicago?

“"Trust no one"”

#6680 Jul 15, 2013
<quoted text>
your picture looks like you love meth.
No,just WOTed out bad ass hot rods and bikes. I also love kulture art.

“"Trust no one"”

#6681 Jul 15, 2013
<quoted text>
I like things that go boom.
European Behavior

Rochester, NY

#6682 Jul 15, 2013
G Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
We can all learn from each other, unless you refuse to, reciting historical references doesn't equate to "gun happy", but then we have an administration that equates gang violence with lack of opportunity and gun violence.
When mafiosa are tried under RICO statutes there is applause, what about the crips and bloods, aren;t they also RICO compliant? Or are they major campaign contributors to the democratic party in chicago?
well in my humble opinion, this country loves it's guns and war. we have mass shootings at schools and theaters, what we call that?

Protecting our rights to bear arms
G Washington

Garden City, NY

#6683 Jul 15, 2013
European Behavior wrote:
<quoted text>
well in my humble opinion, this country loves it's guns and war. we have mass shootings at schools and theaters, what we call that?
Due to privacy laws, responsible agencies from schools to physicians are prevented from informing on potentially harmful individuals. Case after case mental health is never discussed the politically expedient and profitable route of political hacks is the old harangue about guns. Its not guns that kill people, it is people. It is gangs, black gangs killing children every week in chicago and other cities, but the press and politicians never recite the names of any of those children, do they?

“"Trust no one"”

#6684 Jul 15, 2013
European Behavior wrote:
<quoted text>
In my humble opinion the people of this country love freedom and liberty.Our government loves war.They all do because only they have something to gain from it.
Expand your gray matter a little.The right to bear arms does not have anything to do with such things.
G Washington

Garden City, NY

#6685 Jul 15, 2013
If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy.
Thomas Jefferson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amityville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 14 hr Bruser 2,317
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) Fri longisland 63
Editorial: Re-elect Jack Martins in 7th Senate ... Thu Just Saying 1
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Oct 23 Bruser 7,915
Review: Sahdev Devinder (Dec '10) Oct 22 John 15
Village of Lindenhurst is Corrupt (Dec '09) Oct 22 concerned neighbor 45
LI LOCKSMITH &ALARM CO .INC Hicksville ny Oct 21 RACHEL GOLD 1

Amityville News Video

Amityville Dating
Find my Match