lafl

Bridgeport, CT

#1 Apr 23, 2011
Why is my once beautiful block here in Amity Village turing into garbage. The owner of the home I'm referring to said he was pressured to make it a section 8. Well it's more a hotel. Twenty or more people live in there. Mattresses are strewn in the back and along the sides of the house.
The police are here 2-3 times a week. Stabbings and drugs are involved. I'm sick to my stomach..
Carol

Hicksville, NY

#2 Apr 23, 2011
I hear you. I don't understand why they give Section 8 to people like that, when there are plenty of nice people who need it.

I think some people are trying to sabotage the program.
Lindenhurst Home Owner

New York, NY

#3 Apr 23, 2011
Join in the Fun; they are sprouting up all over Suffolk County. I live in Lindenhurst and we have a ton of section 8 HUD homes now. Usually 2 family absentee landlords the TOB Town of Babylon does nothing to help or advise residents they just show up one day and Welfare trash move in.

The bad is these people do not work, these housing are for Welfare scammers they are home all day and have friends come over and stay and it's very hard to get them out if near impossible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amityville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) 10 hr Genesis 96
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Fri Oldfart 54
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) May 24 Sydney 66
US Hells angels war on American women and child... (Feb '10) May 24 Hand of God 307
News Four People Arrested During SLA Inspections May 22 JT Damillagitti 6
News Man charged with robbing four banks (Jan '08) May 22 Steveyjerkyoffey 86
News Starbucks, GoHealth sign leases at Greybarn Ami... (Jul '16) May 22 Concerned 2

Amityville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Amityville Mortgages