Wyandanch park to get $713G face-lift

Jan 26, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday

Newsday 7 day/Optimum Online subscribers click here for full access Not a Newsday or Optimum Online subscriber? Click here The Town of Babylon has agreed to pay a Mineola company nearly $750,000 for work on part of the town's Wyandanch Rising redevelopment.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

I would spend the money on pilice salaries to rid the area of thugs so kids can actually enjoy what the park(s) have to offer.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Are there no businesses in the Wyandanch-Deer park area to do this restoration locally. This could have help some folks get work that the TOB is paying and then help pay back local tax back to the TOB.
35 year DP Resident

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Here is my prediction... 1 year after its completion there will have been at least 3 homicides, countless drug & prostitution arrests, the entire park will be covered in graffiti & gang taggings, and the grounds will be left to grow wild.
I can't imagine a larger waste of money in a down economy than trying to beautify a park in what is largely a slum. It's a shame. I hope the construction kickbacks are substantial at least.
Islip has tried through the years to accomplish this in Bay Shore but have failed. Unless the residents are gentrified out, it will never be decent.
Long Island, and the TOB & Brookhaven in particular, have descended into the same environment that my family escaped from in queens during the 70's. Taxes & crime... That's why people are flocking off the island every day. 5 more years for me & goodbye forever...

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Wyandanch is a crap hole becasue the people of Wyandanch do not have the right principles. Economic growth must come from within. People should adopt the park, not expect your county to take care of you. The wrong attitude enterely. I know; I'm from Wyandanch 2nd-7th, and a stint in the 10th.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

vincent andrew wrote:
It's a waste of money! these illiterate idiots are just going to destroy it, like everything else they touch. Anything they touch turns to crap..
It is not a waste ot time or resources. Parks help people. Many will not take advantage of it, correct. However, some will. It will be a place where kids will have a safe haven to play without the influence of drugs and other bad people. I know! I am a product of Wyandanch.
Voter

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>It is not a waste ot time or resources. Parks help people. Many will not take advantage of it, correct. However, some will. It will be a place where kids will have a safe haven to play without the influence of drugs and other bad people. I know! I am a product of Wyandanch.
The community had no part in the design. It appears to be a renovated forrest. Not much thought or planning has gone imto this. Add there already is two parks in the vicinity and another is not needed. The local politicans are just clueless in managing and the town is over run with politics in that many there are family and relatives and friends employed there. More time is spent minding thee business of the next door person then actually serving the public/ Just look at the sand on the Deer Park/North Babylon streets left over from last winter. The town even bought a second sweeper that sits in the garage or open parking lot at town hall until the 4x per year sweep, what a waste of manpower and equipment. It should be out sweeping weather permitting a simple task for beautification and cleaning ,no supervisors are out in the field checking workers either.hence, low productivity.
Money needs to be broadcast in all the town neighborhoods not spent on any single one,they all are worthy of some improvement to which I have seen little to none in 38 years. NYC is beating Long Island out in most areas of concern and the police in NYC are better trained in customer service and professionalism and yes they are dysfunctional her as the county supervisor stated.
TAXPAYER

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

There is no need for an additional park. Every community needs a youth center that is not present. Why wast over $7oo thousand dollars that will generate more lawsuits the town will pay for injuries.
The money could of been spent better. Isn't there more to BaBYLON THEN WYANDANCH, YOU'D NEVER KNOW IT.
nicole

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Wow. This park is one of the worst kept parks
...the workers don't care about the up keep..
It would be nice to see a change. Funny how they never involve the residents,though. Mismanagement and empty words. Babylon is the worst.
buffalo-bill

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

I used to live right next to the park 30years ago and we always had a great time there, what happened.
Honest Opinion

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

The neighborhood has become home to many illegal and legal aliens. If you go to compare foods, there is a line to send money out the country, The deparment of immigration is a miserable failure as well as suffolk county department of social services. There plan is to dump indigenious people in babylon/North Babylon and boarderline Deer Park. They are subsidizing rents in these areas. A ride down Bayshore road r3eveals alot of transients coming into the neighborhood. They shop at Dollar Tree and Pathmark. Call your local politican and tell them to put a stop to providing apartments to these indigenioous people. They are disrupting th balance to the community big time

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Amityville News Video

•••
•••

Amityville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Amityville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE