LIPA misses goal, only reconnects 40,000 Saturday; customers complain

Nov 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday

A LIPA Tree Clearance Crew removes downed trees from Sandy on Lefferts Rd. near Bayberry Ave.

Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Nov 14, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lee

United States

#1 Nov 4, 2012
When the heck are we getting our power back in oceanside? No heat or water to use
Sue Coyle

New York, NY

#2 Nov 5, 2012
Oceanside- Most likely the areas by the train that got bad flooding will not be getting power back for weeks. My friends mother lives in South Merrick and was told maybe they will get power back Thanksgiving weekend. Everyone's BREAKERS/power controls MUST BE SHUT OFF so when power goes back there are no fires!!!! And everything must be uplugged.
so maybe Oceanside will get it around then?
Anita Pepe

Lynbrook, NY

#3 Nov 5, 2012
We are expecting to get out power back and running by Wednesday as we were told by LIPA. A Rumor is going around that we are getting our power back in two months. OMG. That is terrible. Will someone tell me the truth.
Kat

Orange City, FL

#4 Nov 5, 2012
Shame on you lipa, Oceanside is left behind
Sia

Fairfield, CT

#5 Nov 6, 2012
Why nobody is helping people in Oceanside NY Long Island?

We have no power since last Monday. Nobody is helping us. Could you please send some messages to authority I thing they totally forgot about us.
Steve

Northport, NY

#6 Nov 6, 2012
There is still no electricity,hot water or even cell phone service in Oceanside!
Will somebody please help us!!
Fkozi Elmont NY

Elmont, NY

#7 Nov 7, 2012
Its day 10 since we lost power in Elmont. Still no sign of the LIPA trucks in our area. Wonder where the 7300 linemen are! We are still waiting in the cold and the dark for power to come back.
Can somebody please help us!!!
seaver1

Washington, DC

#8 Nov 7, 2012
DUMP CUOMO!!
fairy

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Nov 7, 2012
there is still no power in manhasset, everytime i call lipa they give me false hope that it's coming back real soon. lipa sucks, there needs to be action taken against them. I feel like we live in a third world country with no power for 9 days
Ann

New York, NY

#10 Nov 7, 2012
Topix...perhaps you have an inside connection to the proper representative to ask why the residents in Oceanside, New York are getting the unroyal shaft, and are left in the dark and in the cold, literally, with no information or communication.

I personally watched the generators blow from my window during the storm. I live in Oceanside Cove, directly across the street from LIPA, and not one truck or work vehichle is visible to show that any repair is taking place.

And, I DONT TRUST THE WATER SUPPLY!!! I called Mangano's office and was told not to drink or bathe in the water, also due to loss of power and equiment at that plant, and now they are telling people its safe. The BIG LIE continues.

Where are the community leaders and why haven't they reached out to the residents to provide updates, even if non exist, just to let us know they are there and are aware WE ARE STILL HERE WITHOUT SERVICES!!!!!!

GET OCEANSIDE HELP...
Evacute the Dance Floor

Lindenhurst, NY

#11 Nov 7, 2012
Ann wrote:
Topix...perhaps you have an inside connection to the proper representative to ask why the residents in Oceanside, New York are getting the unroyal shaft, and are left in the dark and in the cold, literally, with no information or communication.
I personally watched the generators blow from my window during the storm. I live in Oceanside Cove, directly across the street from LIPA, and not one truck or work vehichle is visible to show that any repair is taking place.
And, I DONT TRUST THE WATER SUPPLY!!! I called Mangano's office and was told not to drink or bathe in the water, also due to loss of power and equiment at that plant, and now they are telling people its safe. The BIG LIE continues.
Where are the community leaders and why haven't they reached out to the residents to provide updates, even if non exist, just to let us know they are there and are aware WE ARE STILL HERE WITHOUT SERVICES!!!!!!
GET OCEANSIDE HELP...
You were ordered to evacuate.
Robert Siegfried

New York, NY

#12 Nov 7, 2012
Evacute the Dance Floor wrote:
<quoted text>
You were ordered to evacuate.
Yes, but whether we evacuated or not, when are we getting our lives back? Are we supposed to stay in shelter indefinitely while we still pay our property taxes?
Gimmie Shelter

Lindenhurst, NY

#13 Nov 7, 2012
Robert Siegfried wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but whether we evacuated or not, when are we getting our lives back? Are we supposed to stay in shelter indefinitely while we still pay our property taxes?
Isn't everything covered by your flood and homeowners insurance?
fxxklipa

United States

#14 Nov 8, 2012
Stop paying the bill
Justice for all

Jersey City, NJ

#15 Nov 8, 2012
Lee wrote:
When the heck are we getting our power back in oceanside? No heat or water to use
Well, let me put it this way. We will get our power back when greedy contractors will stop biling for 10 men work hours for jobs that one person cen do. When Lipa and the Town of Oyster By will implement strict supervision over he jobs hat need to be compoleted. Let me tell you how they work.
I have an enourmous tree that belonged to the town in my backyard now. It toppled all wires, power lines and power poles, crashed my fence and many other things on its way.
It has been 10 days since this happen. nOW, 10 DAYS LATER, three trucks aRriveS to the Playground that was homing this tree ORIGINALY, ten people come out of these three trucks and start looking around as if it was a sightseeing tour on a leisure vacation. Then one person gets into a basket with a chainsaw and starts sawing off braNCHES ENTANGLED IN WIRES. MIND YOU, THE OTHER 9 ARE STILL WATCHING.

iT TOOK THEM 10 MIN AND THEN THEY WRAPPED UP AND LEFT. i MANAGED TO GET AN ATTENTION OF ONe OF THEM AND ASK IF THERE IS ANYONE ElSE COMING TO CLEAN UP THE MESS AND GOT WELL ExPECtED ANSWER- WE DON'T KNOW, WE JUST CUT TREES.
It is 10 people who could have done something somewhere else/ And this is a pattern with all services including LIPA that I have witnessed throughout this ordeal.
Baldwin Harbor- NO POWER

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Nov 8, 2012
We're not too far into the harbor and our block is totally fine (not one tree or power line is down), yet we still have no POWER!! We just moved to the area and haven't even slept in the house 3 nights!!! I thought were coming to a better quality of life on LI & better service, since we're now paying 10K in property taxes. WTF!!!!!
This is like a nightmare...I swear!!
Dan Kelso

Westbury, NY

#17 Nov 8, 2012
Join the club. I got no power in Levittown for the last 11 days.
I'm waiting and waiting for Lipa to come to Levittown. I'v not seen one Lipa truck in Levittown.
Lipa is terrible.
Cuomo needs to replace Lipa and give each town their own Lipa type company.
Robert Siegfried

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Nov 8, 2012
Gimmie Shelter wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't everything covered by your flood and homeowners insurance?
We have flood, homeowners and auto insurance. But my wife, son and I are staying with relatives and it will take at least 4-6 weeks to get basic electrical work and a new hot water heater and boiler. It could take 2 months Bedford we can live there without freezing our asses off
Gimmie Shelter

Lindenhurst, NY

#19 Nov 9, 2012
Robert Siegfried wrote:
<quoted text>
We have flood, homeowners and auto insurance. But my wife, son and I are staying with relatives and it will take at least 4-6 weeks to get basic electrical work and a new hot water heater and boiler. It could take 2 months Bedford we can live there without freezing our asses off
I thought you said you were living in a shelter?
TMAK

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Nov 10, 2012
We are in Hicksville, 13th night without power. LIPA has not given us any info. THEY F***ING SUCK. Nothing else to say!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amityville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 8 hr Lol 16,781
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 15 hr Bruser 7,873
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Women's Fund of LI to Honor Four Long Island Women Aug 27 WFLI 1
Why is Lindenhurst such a Ghetto? (Mar '10) Aug 25 I Hate Syracuse 682
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 9 JEWISH VOICE 438
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Aug 7 dew4794 673
•••

Amityville News Video

•••
•••

Amityville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Amityville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••