Prosecutors say Mark Barber, a Nassau County Correction

Aug 31, 2010 Full story: Newsday.com 35

A Nassau County corrections officer who prosecutors say raped and sexually assaulted at least seven female inmates pleaded not guilty Tuesday morning to a slew of new charges.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mark Barber

Bellmore, NY

#1 Aug 31, 2010
Hey my 120K job at the Nassau County Jail was not enough and I was not the only one doing this. There is a cover up!
Nassau CO

Chicago, IL

#2 Sep 1, 2010
It's been proven time and time again the Nassau Correction Officers are a bunch of Yahoo-Cowboys with no supervision. They had the Nassau County fight Club years ago. The Inmates would punch a CO and get special favors; THEN the CO would take off the summer PAID in FULL some worked off the books for extra cash.
nassau county co barber

Saint James, NY

#3 Sep 1, 2010
Mark Barber wrote:
Hey my 120K job at the Nassau County Jail was not enough and I was not the only one doing this. There is a cover up!
i was one of the women you made feel uncomfortable. you put me in a position where i was scared and uncomfortable. offering me "thing" phone calls for sex. forcing me to stay to myself and made me misarable. you deserve what u get buddy. your a sicko. and iof there are others who did this WHO THEN??
T- Barber

Teaneck, NJ

#4 Nov 17, 2010
You make me sick girl I know Mark very well let me huess he showed u a little compassion in your home away from home...he never assaulted you u fuckin criminal the real crime is that you girls would ruin someones life for a big payday...oh thats right they don't print how much u useless golddiggers are looking to make if hes found guilty...How do u sleep at night??? Karmas a bitch
nassau county co barber wrote:
<quoted text>
i was one of the women you made feel uncomfortable. you put me in a position where i was scared and uncomfortable. offering me "thing" phone calls for sex. forcing me to stay to myself and made me misarable. you deserve what u get buddy. your a sicko. and iof there are others who did this WHO THEN??
Witness

Huntington, NY

#5 Nov 15, 2011
In response to T-Barber. Mark Barber is a pervert who abused his power-end of story. Furthermore he forced himself upon me and drove me to an abandoned parking lot on Old Country Road July 7th, 2009 claiming he needed to "switch cars". Luckily I knew his badge number and told him he was making a major mistake. I also know of promises made to other women of being bailed out in exchange for sex and many other unspeakable acts. The truth will always reveal itself, and both you and Mark are in for a rude awakening. This is not about money this is about a man masquerading as "help" to women awaiting trial who for the most part I observed, were found NOT GUILTY!
Justice Prevails

Great Neck, NY

#6 Nov 16, 2011
T- Barber wrote:
You make me sick girl I know Mark very well let me huess he showed u a little compassion in your home away from home...he never assaulted you u fuckin criminal the real crime is that you girls would ruin someones life for a big payday...oh thats right they don't print how much u useless golddiggers are looking to make if hes found guilty...How do u sleep at night??? Karmas a bitch<quoted text>
You sound like a relative, T-Barber, from the way you stand up for this pervert. There are too many women who have sordid stories to tell about this rotten jughead that will send him away for a long time. Good riddance. And let this be a warning to other corrections officers that the door to sex behind bars has been CLOSED.
Innocent

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jul 9, 2012
gigi wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure its his daughter megan barber clapp her dad is a weirdo
For all you people that don't know him, you have no right saying a damn thing!!!!!! And for you people who claim he was going after you... Keep dreaming, he isn't a low life like you whores. Leave the poor man alone and when this is all don't you will see he's INNOCENT, and his daughter has nothing to do with it so leave her name out of your mouths!
Jessica Brace

Eldon, MO

#9 Jul 16, 2012
gigi wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure its his daughter megan barber clapp her dad is a weirdo
I dont know Megan personally but yes she seems a lil odd and no one should even be talking about anyone no one is perfect plus he hasnt been proven to have done it and gigi now thanks to you megan thinks i did this! why do you stir shit up i told you about one thing that i wasnt even sure if was true and just cause a guy add you and you accept their friend request does not make them a weirdo! Sorry megan i didnt even know about topix till about 20 minutes ago!
Pat

Murrieta, CA

#10 Jul 16, 2012
Jessica, you need to keep your nose out of other peoples business. You say Megan, is a little ood and then ou say you do not know her. I know her and she is not odd or wierd. Mark Barber, is a very good father and grandfather. I can not believe he could be guilty of this crime. Jessica, quit accepting friend requests from people and talking about people you do not know. Shut your mouth when it comes to Megan.She above all would know if her father was a pervert, which he is not.
Jessica Brace

Eldon, MO

#11 Jul 16, 2012
Pat wrote:
Jessica, you need to keep your nose out of other peoples business. You say Megan, is a little ood and then ou say you do not know her. I know her and she is not odd or wierd. Mark Barber, is a very good father and grandfather. I can not believe he could be guilty of this crime. Jessica, quit accepting friend requests from people and talking about people you do not know. Shut your mouth when it comes to Megan.She above all would know if her father was a pervert, which he is not.
Meme I will say what i want and i never said anything bad about her father i like her father and i talk to him so dont say i am saying things about people i am not! never once has anything bad came out of my mouth! Megan is odd im odd everyone is odd! everyone is weird in their own way and I apologized for my friends ignorance so back off meme! and Megan
Innocent

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Jul 17, 2012
I really don't see how any of this has to do with mark!!! Megan is not odd, strange and whatever else you wanna think, people that don't know this family personally shouldn't have anything to say about this!!! You wanna believe what you read then go right ahead but just wait, WHEN his verdict comes back innocent, i guess me and "pat" will be the ones laughing at all your stupid asses!
Truth

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Aug 23, 2012
Too bad his verdict is "guilty" an font judge someone because you think you know them.. Trust me people could have a completely seperate life I do believe this man is guilty due to investigating this case first hand there was an investigation of his Facebook account and they found out he had been "poking" young girls, girls younger than his daughter! And he would write inappropriate comments as well on their pictures this man is a pervert and deserves to be behind bars
Truth

Wantagh, NY

#14 Aug 23, 2012
Too bad he didn't get convicted of the rape charge he definitely deserved that charge!!! He is a pervert and he deserves to get a taste of his own medicine some one tell him not to drop the soap!! Lmfao I hope he does!! And obviously his daughter is completely oblivious to how creepy and disgusting he is I doubt she even realizes that obviously all of these allegations are TRUE because they had to have more evidence then just the inmates testimony they had to have some other proof I garrentee you someone followed that disgusting son of a bitch!! THANK GOD hes going to prison !
Innocent

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Aug 23, 2012
You think there was proof??? There was nothing, it's damn shame what has happened!!! Are you so angry because mark would sleep with you??? Probably because your a low life and he has higher standards in his women!!! So since you don't know him, keep your damn mouth shut!!! He is a great man!!!!!
Melanie

West Hempstead, NY

#16 Aug 24, 2012
There is absolutely positively nothing worse than someone who defends a sexual predator.......I mean really what planet do you people live on??? Sexual predators don't go around shouting it from the rooftops....that's what turns them on.... the dirty secret. I've been in the county. There's a lot of creepy disgusting perv's there and this one went too far and now he's one of us...a convict. Even if it was consensual, cause hell yeah there are players too, it is unethical and abuse of power. And now he's gonna see how it feels to be at the mercy of a correction officer.
whoresRus

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Aug 24, 2012
As an ex convict myself i believe everyone should be given the chance to explain themselves regardless of the situation. I happen to know he is a great father, uncle, brother, son and friend. There is no reason why you should be tainting his name anymore. We (as convicts) have a hard enough time trying to fit back into society without A**HOLES like MELANIE ruining it for us. You have no f*ing idea of the amount of stress it puts on a family. And for those of you who dont know i hope u all find out beacuase KARMA is a bitch and she will come visit soon!!!!
Witness

Great Neck, NY

#18 Aug 25, 2012
I can't speak to how he is in other aspects of his life, he may be a great father or friend but that does not mean he should not have to take responsibility for the crimes against these women. Someone mentioned there was no proof, And they should do their research because there was proof presented at the trial that he abused his power over the inmates. Proof in phone call audio recordings, his phone records, hand written letters that he wrote and there were even correction officers and a corrections counselor who testified that they complained about his inappropriate relationship with inmates. Because of prior complaints his supervisor had warned him that he was not to organize any more female cleaning crews yet he continued to do so. He used these cleaning crews as an opportunity to get women in rooms like large cleaning closets to get sexual gratification. Taxpayer money was paying his salary to work. He was there to do a job, not to use his authority to coherce women into giving him sexual favors. He had the power to make their time there difficult if they resisted and butter them up with special perks if they did his bidding. He lost sight of his duty and started thinking with the wrong head. A jury was selected by him and his attorney and that jury found him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt on 30 counts. Now he needa to pay the price for his crimes.
WhoresRus

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Aug 25, 2012
Im going to be blunt here and for some reason "witness" I think you are full of shit!! I don't believe a thing you say. Were you at the trial? Did you actually see these people on the stand? Because I didn't. I know of ex corrections officers that testified but not current. So if you don't know what you are talking about don't open your stupid fucking mouth you dumb bitch!!
Witness

Great Neck, NY

#20 Aug 25, 2012
Actually, I did sit in quite a few days at the trial so i am not full of s... I did see them at the trial. I observed enough days to see that they had plenty of evidence to convict him.

If you wanted to know the truth than you should have gone yourself but I wonder if you were afraid of finding out he truth. And by the way, name calling is juvenile.

If you are a family member than my condolences for the pain that his actions that led to the conviction has brought you all, but you shouldn't be angry at those who speak the truth. Instead you should try to help each other move on with your lives. He should be angry with himself for putting you all through this. If he stopped the femlale work crews like he was ordered to than it probably would never have gotten to this point. He should have stopped while he was still ahead.
Witness -Uniondale

Great Neck, NY

#21 Aug 25, 2012
I just realized someone else used the name witness. I am Uniondale witness, not to be confused with the Witness from Huntington.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amityville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 13 hr Itchy Watch 2,314
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 13 hr Itchy Watch 7,913
Review: Sahdev Devinder (Dec '10) 18 hr John 15
Village of Lindenhurst is Corrupt (Dec '09) 23 hr concerned neighbor 45
LI LOCKSMITH &ALARM CO .INC Hicksville ny Tue RACHEL GOLD 1
HUGE Story and this Board is quiet - why? (Apr '11) Oct 20 Jane 4
Cops raid W. Islip bar, arrest owners, bartenders (Jan '08) Oct 20 tim21 239

Coastal Flood Statement for Suffolk County was issued at October 23 at 4:51AM EDT

Amityville News Video

Amityville Dating
Find my Match

Amityville Jobs

Amityville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Amityville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Amityville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]