Immigration Matters: Mexican Strawber...

Immigration Matters: Mexican Strawberry Pickers Seek African American Help

There are 30 comments on the thevoice.name story from Feb 29, 2008, titled Immigration Matters: Mexican Strawberry Pickers Seek African American Help. In it, thevoice.name reports that:

Editor's Note: Thirty men from Mexico who came to pick strawberries in Louisiana and found themselves in "slave-like" conditions ended up approaching some African-American activists for help.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thevoice.name.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#2 Mar 1, 2008
http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/wwl021408w...
The Mexican workers are legal immigrants, in the country as part of a Federal program.

They’re contractually obligated to work for Bimbo’s Best Produce, but they said the owner doesn’t pay them the federally guaranteed $8.01 an hour and they said he illegally seized and holds their passports.
A group called the Workers’ Center for Racial Justice

Better article.
http://news.ncmonline.com/news/view_article.h...

This guy should be tried and jailed for a long time.

Since: Feb 08

Plymouth, UK

#3 Mar 1, 2008
I agree...no one should be taken advantaged of in that way
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Mar 1, 2008
My heart bleeds for these criminals.
Some advice: GO THE FK BACK HOME.
shallow hal

Canterbury, Australia

#6 Mar 1, 2008
i dont know what ever happened to Human Rights, Ethics.... if those people are guilty of crossing the border, then the Employer is just as guilty for employing illegals.

He should atleast pay them a tolerable wage

“You think it is ok, so what!”

Since: Jun 07

The freeway or the water

#7 Mar 1, 2008
PSL wrote:
Learn to read the article before you spew..

These workers were here legaly... the criminal in question is the American grower that is attempting to pay them less than they are due and working them in slave like conditions, not the workers.

You sir need to correct your bad case of rectal cranial inversion..

The freeway or the water

#8 Mar 1, 2008
shallow hal wrote:
i dont know what ever happened to Human Rights, Ethics.... if those people are guilty of crossing the border, then the Employer is just as guilty for employing illegals.
He should atleast pay them a tolerable wage
Try reading the article first, your comment will then actually be about what is under discussion.. Put the crack pipe down and back slowley away from the keyboard...
Aztlan

United States

#9 Mar 1, 2008
PSL wrote:
Hmmm I thought in order to have a bleeding heart you actually had to have a heart.
Now go make Lou Dobbs some breakfast.

***In todays news a Mexican Immigrant picked his nose, many protested that he is taking the "Good nose picking jobs" away from good ol' Murkkkans. When Billy Bob Honky Tonk Shooter Jennings was asked why the fuss he simply stated "Back in mah days, we had all the nose picking jobs, now all we's left with is pick'in fights ~n~ pick'in butt***
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#10 Mar 1, 2008
the 48th ronin wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read the article before you spew..
These workers were here legaly... the criminal in question is the American grower that is attempting to pay them less than they are due and working them in slave like conditions, not the workers.
You sir need to correct your bad case of rectal cranial inversion..
It's immaterial to me whether they are legal or not.
WE DO NOT NEED EVEN LEGAL WORKERS IN THIS COUNTRY.
I HOPE YOU LOSE YOUR JOB TO A LEGAL WORKER LIKE MANY AMERICANS HAVE.

Plymouth, UK

#11 Mar 1, 2008
the world was made for one man to rule alone...we should be able to go anywhere we damn well please...

these western civilisation is built on the back of "immigrants"...peopl e have a cheek...

let me stop there *breathe breathe*

The freeway or the water

#12 Mar 1, 2008
La Bella AfriQue wrote:
the world was made for one man to rule alone...we should be able to go anywhere we damn well please...
these western civilisation is built on the back of "immigrants"...peopl e have a cheek...
let me stop there *breathe breathe*
hold your breath...wiggle your nose, and when it doesn't happen try visiting reality once in a while!

Plymouth, UK

#13 Mar 1, 2008
the 48th ronin wrote:
<quoted text>
hold your breath...wiggle your nose, and when it doesn't happen try visiting reality once in a while!
I am guessing that was an one man's joke...

The freeway or the water

#14 Mar 1, 2008
I thought the comment about western civilization being built on the backs of immigrants was your joke not mine...

Plymouth, UK

#15 Mar 1, 2008
*AIR* for stupid people

The freeway or the water

#16 Mar 1, 2008
I suggest you use OXYGEN... the severity of your apparent attack demands instant intense treatment.

Air will be too slow to save you!

The freeway or the water

#21 Mar 1, 2008
JARHEAD wrote:
MY BAD! If indeed those workers were here legally,and the employer screwed over them,he should have his sorry ass kicked.
Thank you... in my mind those who would oppress LEGAL immigrant workers deserve LONG prison sentences... We outlawed slavery long ago!
IM PISSED

Covington, LA

#22 Mar 11, 2008
A N Y B O D Y C A U G H T H I R I N G A N I L L E A G A L A L L I E N S H O U L D B E P U T O U T OF B U S I N E S S !!!!!!!!!! WHATS THE MATTER WITH AMERICA????? TOLLERATING THIS SHIT!!!!!!! NOW THE LIBERAL LEFT WACOS WANNA GIVE THEESE THEESE COCKROACHES A FREKIN D R I V E R S L I C E N C E!!!!!!!!!! YEA COME TO AMERICA!! WELL FEED YOU WELL HOUSE YOU WELL TAKE CARE OF YOUR MEDICAL PROBLEMS JOBS??? YEA TAKE OURS!!! OUR PUNK ASS KIDS OF TODAY DONT WANNA WORK!!! YOU CAN WORK HERE TAX FREE!!! JUST CLAIM MARRIED AND NINE!!! WE DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE ANY WAY!!! SEND THE MONEY BACK TO MEXICO>>>UNTAXED >>AGAIN!!! WE AS A COUNTRY ARE ALL BUT OVER!!! ITS TIME FOR THE PEOPLE TO RISE UP AND PUT A STOP TO THIS SHIT!!! THIS IS NOT THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE!!! ITS THE WILL OF THE GOVERNMENT!!! WHATS THE REASON BEHIND MAKING THE WORKING CLASS CITIZENS PAY FOR ALL THIS WE WERE NOT ASKED TO VOTE AND DECIDE IF THIS IS WHAT WE WANTED!! LIKE I SAID WE DONT NEED A FENCE WE NEED TO CLOSE DOWN ANY COMP OR CORPORATION THAT HIRES ILLIGAL IMMIGRANTS>>>>> >PERIOD! IF YOU THINK ITS BAD NOW...GOD HELP US IF THAT BARRACOBAMMAMUHAMMADMOMMA P.O.S GETS IN office! AND THAT HILLARY CLIT TON !! AS FAR AS I SEE IT IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE THE WHOLE UNITED STATES IS STANDING IN SOUPLINES AGAIN ...WITH THE MEXICANS DOING THE COOKING
BE RIGHT VOTE WHITE

Covington, LA

#23 Mar 19, 2008
OHHHHH YEA OK BARRACK OBAMA NOW ITS YOUR TURN YOUR ALL BUT FINISHED NOW YOUR CHICKENS ARE COMMING HOME TOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROOOOOOOOSTTTTTT HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA IF YOU PEOPLE WERE SMART YOUD JUMP ON THE McCAIN TRAIN

The freeway or the water

#24 Mar 19, 2008
McCain? I would think from your choices in posting names you would be a David Duke supporter LOL...

Who was it that co authored the Immigration Reform Act with Teddy? Oh thatMcCain....LOL
Carlos Lopez

Roseland, LA

#25 Nov 18, 2008
Hola people! yes I share a house with 19 people and check all your white women's asses when they pass by, sometimes I may even grab a handful, eyy?? and smile in their faces. Yes our kids give your kids lice in shool, but who is that hurting? Sorry if your kid has to scratch occasionally. but you should appreciate us, we work very hard and you people have plenty of money for us and our country. stop being so greedy.

“This was so much FUN!”

Since: Sep 08

Thomasville, GA

#26 Nov 18, 2008
Carlos Lopez wrote:
Hola people! yes I share a house with 19 people and check all your white women's asses when they pass by, sometimes I may even grab a handful, eyy?? and smile in their faces. Yes our kids give your kids lice in shool, but who is that hurting? Sorry if your kid has to scratch occasionally. but you should appreciate us, we work very hard and you people have plenty of money for us and our country. stop being so greedy.
LOL @ the stereotypes.

But seriously though, you are right about the working hard part. I have NEVER met a mexican who didnt work hard. I like that in a guy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amite Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loranger, La. Does Anyone Know About Darlene W... Aug 7 TruthSeeker 1
Joe Kane (Mar '16) Jul 29 Crabbers 6
News Jury convicts Bordelon of murdering girl (Jul '06) May '17 Faithdwnsouth 192
News St. Tammany convicts 79 percent of felony crime... Apr '17 THATSME 1
Looking for the right man Apr '17 Julia 1
News One dead, several others injured in shooting (Mar '09) Apr '17 02543LPS 144
Review: Neurological Rehabilitation Living Cent... (Nov '13) Mar '17 RLatch 4

Amite Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Amite Mortgages