Two Washington County candidates foun...

Two Washington County candidates found not guilty of campaign violations

There are 2 comments on the The Gazette story from Sep 28, 2012, titled Two Washington County candidates found not guilty of campaign violations. In it, The Gazette reports that:

Supervisor candidates Jack Seward Jr., 56, of West Chester, and Robert C. Yoder, 57, of Kalona, were found not guilty this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gazette.

DeAnn

Iowa City, IA

#1 Oct 2, 2012
Guess they were just supposed to pay a fine, look guilty, and lose the election.

I would love to know what the total cost of this court case was.

Three of the five supervisors were tossed out in their reelection bit at the primary and those in power were not happy.
Veiwer

Iowa City, IA

#2 Jul 17, 2013
Do you really think washington County Judges are going to allow any person on city counsel to be found guilty of anything? There is a city council person in washington county town unmentioned who was recently taken to court on the accusations of theft and stealing. The plaintiff brought all the proof to court to show what this person did. The Judge allowed the city council person to commit purgery six times on the stand. basically allowed the city councel person to not only lie and get caught in lies on the stand, but also agreed that the city councel person did not have to prove that they DIDNT do what they were accused of. When asked for the documents for court the coucil person stated. i left those documents at home with the documents it would have proven city councelmen did do exactly what they were accused of. The Washington county Judges allowed this city counelmen to bascially steal everything and have everything by allowing the city counceilmen to further utilize a law intended to protect people but is allowed to use a law as a stratigic and tactical advantage . The judges of washington county go all out to protect city council people and allow them to lie, steal property and if need be lie to anyone including judges. No reason to take an oath in washington County courthouses. they don't enforce it when the cty councilmen can be caught in lie after lie in court records.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amish Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purple Martin workshop to be held Jan '16 StJohn Annie 2
News Hills Bank and Trust in Coralville announces pr... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Michaelj clark 1
News Sparks fly as Williams trial opens (Aug '06) Aug '13 Amber - Joe will ... 2
News Police log - June 28, 2013 (Jun '13) Jun '13 call boy 1
News Inside the fascinating world of Amish flower gr... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Marth 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Amish Mortgages