Lorain man sentenced to six years in prison

Apr 2, 2008 Full story: The Plain Dealer

A Lorain man was sentenced to six years in prison today for driving drunk and crashing his truck into a car, killing the driver. via The Plain Dealer

Full Story
jake walter

Alliance, OH

#1 Apr 6, 2008
phil stern is a menace! I know him and used to party with him. He has no reservations about getting drunk and driving. He killed a woman, she is gone forever! Six years is an insult to her family and the comunity! The next person he kills may be the judge that let him off so easy. The lorain procuters should be ashamed six years is a joke!!! I hope they can live with themselves and not cut a deal when something this terrible happens AGAIN!
phi_theta_kappa

Corry, PA

#2 Apr 9, 2008
I believe that this sentence is a tragedy in itself. I mean come on now I feel that it is who you know around here isn't it? Just because you have a father who used to be a councilman for the city of Lorain and a deceased uncle who used to be the mayor of Amherst you get a leniency on your sentence.

How is Judge Zaleski going to live with himself when Mr. Stern gets out of jail in less than five years and drives without a license and kills another individual. Who is going to take the blame? I do not blame the prosecuters because they asked for more time and they did not get it.

I know that there are a some people who say that Mr. Stern will live with this horror for the rest of his life. Yes he will but I guarantee that he is not going to be remorseful as many of you think!! He is one of those people who think that the world owes him!!!
Lynette

United States

#3 Mar 27, 2010
phi_theta_kappa wrote:
I believe that this sentence is a tragedy in itself. I mean come on now I feel that it is who you know around here isn't it? Just because you have a father who used to be a councilman for the city of Lorain and a deceased uncle who used to be the mayor of Amherst you get a leniency on your sentence.
How is Judge Zaleski going to live with himself when Mr. Stern gets out of jail in less than five years and drives without a license and kills another individual. Who is going to take the blame? I do not blame the prosecuters because they asked for more time and they did not get it.
I know that there are a some people who say that Mr. Stern will live with this horror for the rest of his life. Yes he will but I guarantee that he is not going to be remorseful as many of you think!! He is one of those people who think that the world owes him!!!
I'm glad you think your GOD or psychic...your really are judgemental
irishsummertime

Valergues, France

#4 Sep 16, 2010
Lynette wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad you think your GOD or psychic...your really are judgemental
Lynette, what you don't know is this Stern is a real danger as he does not care about others but only about himself. On several times he was arrested for DUI, he was on probation when the accident happened and now someone died. He is a real alcooholic! This guy does not know what means "to be responsible of his own actions" because all he does is to play with other people's life and then when he is in trouble he calls daddy and daddy pays for everything and still continue. This is a the way it works.
So 6 years is a real joke when you know the man and his sense of moral. He thinks that he is better than everybody!
Nichole Seni

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#5 Jan 6, 2011
Saw this guy on MOST DARING. Absolutely horrifying. I drive through that intersection everyday. I can't believe he only got 6 years, what a crock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amherst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is cassie remali? Feb 22 kay 1
Anyone work at the ex Bargain Warehouse? Feb 19 mixdenny 1
Tina Mae Walton and James Turner Feb 10 fyi 3
Reasons why lorain sucks (Apr '07) Feb 1 cgTangSoo007 13
Brent Wells Feb 1 BenscrewedbyBrent 5
want a girlfriend (May '07) Jan 31 shub thakur 252
Oberlin dedicated forum Jan '15 DKN 1
Amherst Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web