New York Primary Election Sept 14: Wi...

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,769 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

woowoowoo

Ithaca, NY

#8195 Aug 14, 2012
ryans been in congress for years and got all of two bills passed.sounds like he's a lazy,dope smoking bastard to me.also heard phul of it phil feeds poisoned bread crumbs to ducks in city pound.can't prove it,but i heard it so it may be true.works for michelle bachman and her followers.
really

Los Angeles, CA

#8196 Aug 14, 2012
so teddy in summary of your argument

1.You clearly don't know what you are talking about or read his actual ruling or after statements about the ruling

2....we as a collective american society dont get taxed is revealing? Reaching much?

3."If i take what you said out of context I win" Standard republican tactic I know, but if you read the rest, if you try really hard, you will actually understand the rest...but you can't because it doesn't suit your view. And your wrong

4. Randy Pausch was an assistant professor followed by Academic chair of an entire department and again...named one of the top most influencial people in the world...nice try to discredit that...and its not a dick contest when only one side has any credentials...

5. Again...actually read...don't just see a word and have your republican instincts kick in. Im sure if you supress those instincts some inteligent conversation will come out.

6. Your argument against Bruce Ismay practically saying "do it or your screwed" as captain smith's boss....is James Cameron had it in a movie so it can't be true....uneducated much?
woowoowoo

Ithaca, NY

#8198 Aug 14, 2012
I heard teddy and libero,assisted the priest with the altar boys,i aint saying its true,but i heard it.From the republican Rove/Bachman school of scandal.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8199 Aug 14, 2012
woowoowoo wrote:
I heard teddy and libero,assisted the priest with the altar boys,i aint saying its true,but i heard it.From the republican Rove/Bachman school of scandal.
Previously I referred to your evolutionary station as the perimicium caudatum from messina,the permiciae have complained vehemently at the reference, and I hereby now make the retraction, and hope they will forgive me.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#8200 Aug 14, 2012
really wrote:
Ryan's policies on stripping assistance to the poor ... has pissed off the catholic church. The bible teaches to help the poor ...
Ah, yes - the tired old "Jesus loves liberal progressive Big Government Democrats" and "Jesus hates conservative reichwing repuglicans" talking point.

Bullshyte.

Christ preached, and the Bible teaches, private philanthropy - not Big Welfare State Government.

You'll have to look somewhere other than the Gospel for moral authority for your collectivist Big Government ideology, because it's not to be found there or anywhere else in the Bible.

While certain Catholics have moaned about the Ryan Plan, they are not the Catholic Church. Catholics, just like any Americans, have a variety of political views.
really wrote:
you want me to name the majority? I might fall short because I don't have time but here you go.
Kudos for stepping up. Hardly a "majority," but let's not quibble, eh? Let's see how your alleged anti-Ryan Republican wave of "denunciations" holds up:
really wrote:
Scott Brown
“It was a bold choice,” Brown said before playing in a charity basketball game in Springfield.“It certainly raises the bar when you want to talk about our country’s financial problems, and he’ll raise that conversation to a good level.... While we don’t agree on everything, I certainly appreciate his efforts to bring the budgetary ideas to the forefront.”

Hmmmm ... hardly enthusiastic praise, but nothing approaching a "denunciation," either.

Let's just note Mr. Brown is a Republican locked in a re-election battle with Elizabeth "Hey! I'm a Native American" Warren for his seat in the People's Democratic Commonwealth of Taxachusetts, which lies somewhat to the left of Guangdong Province on the political spectrum. He's got to edit himself and make posturing votes accordingly.

Moving on ...
really wrote:
Justin Amash
Amash posting on his Facebook page:
"Paul Ryan can clearly articulate the difference between the Republican vision and the Democratic vision for America on some of the biggest fiscal issues of our time. He's not perfect, but he's down to earth and highly respected. I have found Paul to be the most approachable leader in Congress—always willing to listen and share. He's the rare politician I admire."

You're 0-for-2 so far, Glendale ...
really wrote:
Danny Rehberg
Denny Rehberg's statement regarding Paul Ryan:

"I'm excited that Governor Romney chose my friend and House colleague Paul Ryan to be our party's candidate for Vice President. Congressman Ryan is a public servant of the highest order, and I appreciate his character, intelligence, and creativity, not only on the vast majority of issues on which we agree — like controlling government spending, developing our natural resources, and providing tax relief for families and job creators — but also on the few occasions where we haven't. Both the Presidential race and our Senate campaign here in Montana are about creating jobs, getting our economy back on track, and turning the page on President Obama and Senator Tester's harmful, tax-and-spend policies so we can restore America to its full greatness. It's clear that Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan are the right team to lead our nation in that comeback."

STEE-RIKE THREE!

But let's keep looking
really wrote:
Linda McMahon
“He put a plan in place. He is a conservative. He wants to cut spending. He wants to reduce the size of government. He and I are on the same page of doing that, but whether or not his (Medicare) plan even stays as it is once President Romney, hopefully President Romney, will be defining what his plan is going forward. Then we will see how they are moving,” McMahon said.

"He and I are on the same page ..." Gosh. No "denunciation" here either.

(to be continued)
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#8201 Aug 14, 2012
really wrote:
Brendan Doherty
Statement from one of Doherty's opponents' campaigns:“... Brendan Doherty was an early endorser of Mitt Romney and has said he applauds Paul Ryan and has said the Ryan Plan is a “prudent approach ...”

Yikes.

You meme isn't holding up too well here, Glendale ...
really wrote:
Pat McCrory
Asked what he thinks of Ryan's proposals, McCrory dodged: "I'm going to support the Romney plan," he said.

http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_do...

As will I and Paul Ryan and every other serious and sensible American until & unless a Plan that cuts federal spending even more is put forward.

Good man, Pat.

Still looking for that Republican "denunciation" of the Ryan Plan ...
really wrote:
Tom Corbett (personal friend)
Tom Corbett? Budget-slashing Tom Corbett that the Angry Progressive Left in Philly lumps together with Ryan in the same frame like the Katzenjammer Twins of Slashing Government Spending?
http://www.citypaper.net/blogs/nakedcity/The-...

That dog won't hunt, Glendale ...
really wrote:
Newt Gingrich
You're out of date:
"Newt Gingrich, the former Republican presidential candidate who in 2011 referred to Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-Wis.) plan to revamp Medicare as “right-wing social engineering” defended of Ryan’s budget proposal on Sunday. The former House speaker said on CBS’“Face The Nation” that the “basic thrust” of Ryan’s budget plan “is the right direction” for the country."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/p...
really wrote:
Ron Paul
Ron Paul?? Seriously? Bingo! You're right! Ron Paul HAS lambasted the Ryan Plan! FOR NOT GOING FAR ENOUGH!! Ron Paul is even further right than Ryan is!!

You must be joking.

Look, this has been great fun and all - but we hardly need continue. It's clear where this is going. Your specious narrative of Republicans lining up to denounce Ryan and the Ryan Plan's cuts in Medicare etc. are clearly just that - utter tosh. Obamabot campaign propaganda. Partisan hackery.
really wrote:
"Romney spokesperson Sarah Pompei said that Ryan will be “putting together his own plan” to cut the deficit and balance the budget, and will not embrace his running mate’s agenda."
Romney denouncing the budget plan. Romney denounces ryan's former initiatives.
Oh, horseshyte:

"Five Times Mitt Romney Has Embraced The Ryan Budget"
By Annie-Rose Strasser on Aug 11, 2012 at 11:24 am

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/08/11/...

http://www.martinezreport.com/2012/08/11/this...

Romney will be putting forward his own Plan? OF COURSE HE WILL! He, not Ryan, is the top of the ticket!

And Ryan will ENTHUSIASTICALLY ENORSE the Romney Plan as a further evolution and improvement of the Ryan Plan, of course.
really wrote:
Also taking quotes from me out of context? When the next words in that sentence i posted before about his voting record clearly states that his bill record is 2 bills passed in the past 13 years with his actual voting record including him try to remove abortion at every turn no matter what the costs.
Please. Standard practice - I'm only going to quote those portions of your posts on which I have any comment, for brevity. You certainly don't need me re-posting every tedious word of your posts - you know what you posted! And anyone else who's interested has already read your original also - or they're free to refer back to it in its entirety - it's all there on the Topix record. Stop whining.
woowoowoo

Ithaca, NY

#8202 Aug 14, 2012
Better reread your bible teddy and give the sheep the nite off
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#8203 Aug 14, 2012
woowoowoo wrote:
ryans been in congress for years and got all of two bills passed.
Yeah. Exactly the same number of bills Obama sponsored that became law during his entire legistalive career.
woowoowoo

Ithaca, NY

#8204 Aug 14, 2012
Zach

1 Tim. 6:17 Tell those who are rich not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which will soon be gone, but their pride and trust should be in the living God who always richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. 1 Tim. 6:18 Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and should give happily to those in need, always being ready to share with others whatever God has given them. 1 Tim. 6:19 By doing this they will be storing up real treasure for themselves in heaven--it is the only safe investment for eternity! And they will be living a fruitful Christian life down here as well.

Isa. 58:6 "No, the kind of fast I want is that you stop oppressing those who work for you and treat them fairly and give them what they earn. Isa. 58:7 I want you to share your food with the hungry and bring right into your own homes those who are helpless, poor, and destitute. Clothe those who are cold, and don't hide from relatives who need your help. Isa. 58:8 "If you do these things, God will shed his own glorious light upon you. He will heal you; your godliness will lead you forward, goodness will be a shield before you, and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind. Isa. 58:9 Then, when you call, the Lord will answer.'Yes, I am here,' he will quickly reply. All you need to do is to stop oppressing the weak and stop making false accusations and spreading vicious rumors! Isa. 58:10 "Feed the hungry! Help those in trouble! Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you shall be as bright as day. Isa. 58:11 And the Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy you with all good things, and keep you healthy too; and you will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.

Source(s):

http://www.friendships.org/Scriptures.ht …(seems the bible is pretty clear on paying fair wages and helping the poor.sorry about that teddy
Really

Burbank, CA

#8205 Aug 14, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Exactly the same number of bills Obama sponsored that became law during his entire legistalive career.
obamas legislative career was 3 years with 2 passed. Paul ryans was 13 with 2 passed. McCain was 11 with 13....yea paul ryan is far below par

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8206 Aug 14, 2012
Yada, Yada, Yada
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#8207 Aug 14, 2012
really wrote:
so teddy in summary of your argument
1.You clearly don't know what you are talking about or read his actual ruling or after statements about the ruling
I think it's pretty clear to everyone by now which of us has actually read the ACA decision and the dissents.

You obviously have not - as your entire commentary on the subject has been merely to parrot the propaganda lines spinning the decision as crapped into your mind by the DNC, the Obama Ministry of Truth, and the Progressive Left blogosphere.

Not a single supporting Cite from the Decision itself in any of your bla bla.

I'm not inclined to debate the point any further with you.
really wrote:
3."If i take what you said out of context I win" Standard republican tactic I know, but if you read the rest, if you try really hard, you will actually understand the rest...but you can't because it doesn't suit your view. And your wrong
Vague whining. No intelligible point here requiring response.
really wrote:
4. Randy Pausch was an assistant professor followed by Academic chair of an entire department
O rly? At what academic institution? Strange that such a professional distinction completely escaped notice on his Wiki Page. You might want to edit that.
really wrote:
and again...named one of the top most influencial people in the world
That's just super, Glendale. So was Hitler. BFD.

But all that is beside the point - let's stop fencing. It's just silly. His credentials and professional qualifications are in computer science. In a discussion of public finance, economics, and public policy such as the one we've been engaging in, he is no more qualified than my gardener (literally, as it happens!).

Sure he was an interesting guy and you seem quite impressed with him - that's cool - but I have no idea why you would have cited him as any kind of relevant authority on the matters under discussion in the first place. He's not.
really wrote:
5. Again...actually read...don't just see a word and have your republican instincts kick in. Im sure if you supress those instincts some inteligent conversation will come out.
More vague whining. No intelligible point here requiring response.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#8208 Aug 14, 2012
really wrote:
6. Your argument against Bruce Ismay practically saying "do it or your screwed" as captain smith's boss....is James Cameron had it in a movie so it can't be true....uneducated much?
I've "argued" nothing of the sort.

Jeebus wept. Another silly tangential point. WTF cares! But your chronic posting of wholesale myth, and then your casting aspersions on the intelligence and knowledge of anyone who dares call you out for posting myths requires the appropriate smack-down. The Titanic pop myth you've raised is of no interest in inself - but your behavior in continuing to argue the point to death even after you've been corrected is chronic, and renders EVERYTHING you post suspect.

So bend over and take it like a man - here it comes.

There is NO firm evidence on the record, despite years of formal investigations, hearings, sworn testimony, and court cases on both sides of the Atlantic that the "Ismay pressured Smith into increasing speed" scene you seem so taken with from your viewings of Cameron's movie has any basis in fact.

Titanic couldn’t beat the cruising speeds or crossing times of the
Mauritania or the Lusitania, flagships of the competing Cunard Line. Ismay may have challenged the crew to beat the crossing time of Titanic’s sister ship, the Olympic, but there’s no evidence he interfered with decisions on the bridge.

Here's a quite comprehensive and detailed debunking that you, true to form, will of course ignore because ... like most partisan idealogues you are genetically incapable of admitting when you are WRONG on the FACTS. You will ignore it, but others may find it of some small interest -

http://awesometalks.wordpress.com/2009/05/08/...

However - whether or not your mental movie of Ismay "ordering" Smith to speed up was factual had nothing to do with the point I was making. The point of importance that makes it at all relevant to the discussion here is that of RESPONSIBILITY. Whether or not Ismay pressured Smith, whether or not Smith actually succumbed to that pressure - Smith and Smith alone was responsible for Titanic's course, speed, shiphandling, and safety that night - no one else. Period.

Just as Obama AND NO ONE ELSE is totally responsible for the course, speed, handling, and performance of the nation's finances and results of his fiscal, spending, and economic policies since the day he took office.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#8209 Aug 14, 2012
woowoowoo wrote:
Zach
1 Tim. 6:17 Tell those who are rich not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which will soon be gone, but their pride and trust should be in the living God who always richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. 1 Tim. 6:18 Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and should give happily to those in need, always being ready to share with others whatever God has given them. 1 Tim. 6:19 By doing this they will be storing up real treasure for themselves in heaven--it is the only safe investment for eternity! And they will be living a fruitful Christian life down here as well.
Excellent job - just what I posted. Timothy is advocating PRIVATE PHILANTHROPY. Couldn't agree more.

You see that part where he says "give happily to the King and the Roman Governor and those who rule you?" Nope - neither do I.

Pwned.

Oh! You want to spin again ... ok - let's see what else you got ...
woowoowoo wrote:
Isa. 58:6 "No, the kind of fast I want is that you stop oppressing those who work for you and treat them fairly and give them what they earn. Isa. 58:7 I want you to share your food with the hungry and bring right into your own homes those who are helpless, poor, and destitute. Clothe those who are cold, and don't hide from relatives who need your help. Isa. 58:8 "If you do these things, God will shed his own glorious light upon you. He will heal you; your godliness will lead you forward, goodness will be a shield before you, and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind. Isa. 58:9 Then, when you call, the Lord will answer.'Yes, I am here,' he will quickly reply. All you need to do is to stop oppressing the weak and stop making false accusations and spreading vicious rumors! Isa. 58:10 "Feed the hungry! Help those in trouble! Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you shall be as bright as day. Isa. 58:11 And the Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy you with all good things, and keep you healthy too; and you will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.
Source(s):
http://www.friendships.org/Scriptures.ht …(seems the bible is pretty clear on paying fair wages and helping the poor.sorry about that teddy
More of the same. PRIVATE PHILANTHROPY is the way to God's grace and heaven! "Treat employees fairly and give them what they earn."

Good stuff - couldn't agree more.

How about that part where it says "share your food and bring right into your homes the King and the Roman Governor and those who rule you?" Or the part where it says "treat the union bosses who oppress and extort dues from those who work for you fairly and give them what they think those who work for you should earn?"
Nope - I still can't find those parts.

Let me know when you do. Until then -

EPIC PWNAGE. Thanks for proving exactly what I posted, in unarguable detail.
woowoowoo

Ithaca, NY

#8211 Aug 14, 2012
Union leaders don't extort their workers,the vast majority arehonest men who wants whats best for their workers.Read the part again where it says to treat workers good and pay them fairly,something that isn't happening in the repukes business world.No modern day republican will ever get into heaven.The gospel of prosperity is not what the nazerine preached,and that's what repukes believe in .Hooray for me and to hell with you, thats their credo.
woowoowoo

Ithaca, NY

#8212 Aug 14, 2012
By the way teddy,i know you are adverse to the truth,but to some checking on company goon squads who beat and killed striking workers and their families.Start with the bethelem steel strikecirca 1936,or check out h.fords 2000 man goonnsquads composed of mobsters and ex cons and off duty cops looking to pick up some spare change.so don't try to pass your lies about union goons,they were formed in self defense.and anybody with any sense of history knows it,that is anybody with a sense of fair play
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#8213 Aug 14, 2012
woowoowoo wrote:
By the way teddy,i know you are adverse to the truth,but to some checking on company goon squads who beat and killed striking workers and their families.Start with the bethelem steel strikecirca 1936,or check out h.fords 2000 man goonnsquads composed of mobsters and ex cons and off duty cops looking to pick up some spare change.so don't try to pass your lies about union goons,they were formed in self defense.and anybody with any sense of history knows it,that is anybody with a sense of fair play
Ummm ... dude - it's 2012. Lay off the choom.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#8214 Aug 14, 2012
woowoowoo wrote:
Union leaders don't extort their workers,the vast majority arehonest men who wants whats best for their workers.
Then why would they need the Check-Off to compel workers to join the Union?
woowoowoo wrote:
Read the part again where it says to treat workers good and pay them fairly.
As I've posted - I totally agree, and so does every business leader I know - and I know a lot of them.
really

Los Angeles, CA

#8215 Aug 14, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
O rly? At what academic institution? Strange that such a professional distinction completely escaped notice on his Wiki Page. You might want to edit that.
He was before he passed away the head of my program (entertainment technology center at carnegie mellon university). See teddy sometimes actual life experience is better than google knowledge.
really

Los Angeles, CA

#8216 Aug 14, 2012
i was thinking of putting yet another refute to what you stated teddy, but its no point. You are wrong on what you stated, you can't take it, so you spit garbage, state crap thats not true, take words out of context, or just ignore true facts cuz they don't suit your means....you are a standard republican, good for you

enjoy being uneducated with retarded views in your world of "IM RIGHT EVERYONE SHUTUP IM RIGHT IM RIGHT IM RIGHT"...you would get along with most 5 year olds :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amherst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governor Cuomo Tweaks Senecas 9 min Truth hurts liberals 12
Will Buffalo's Porn Stars Go Main Stream? (Apr '08) 10 hr lol 38
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Linden Nj 21,198
Tim demler 19 hr Arnold 31
Poll Is the Buffalo Police Department Corrupt? (Jun '08) Sat Hate is w 48
LIEF Jong Un Sat Coach Bruzechchsk... 2
Wheatfield Budget (Jun '12) Sat JImmy The Greek 12

Amherst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Amherst Mortgages