The origin of buffalo wings

Jan 30, 2013 Full story: Helium 70

Buffalo wings are undeniably popular throughout much of the United States and there are a huge number of variations for this dish.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Kan-u-ear

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jan 30, 2013
I am totally fed up with this bullshit of Terresa and Frank as being the inventer of ths chicken wing popularity. They never invented the style of the chicken wing that they claim. The true inventor was a BLACK man by the name of John Young who had (as I can remember being 68 years of age and eating there)three locations of restauraunts. one in Buffalo on Jefferson Avenue, One on Broadway and one on Niagara near the Chevy motor plant. I was John who came forth with the chicken wing with a secret sauce formula the was stolen a taken to the Anchor bar by a disgruntal cook. This was the first year that the Buffalo Bills, with Jack Kemp, won the AFL championship and Burger Land was the first Hambuger franchise on Jefferson avenue. There is still standing proof. The anchor bar has made millions so give credit to Mr. Young where it is truly due and stop the national lie.
Big Guy

Dallas, TX

#3 Jan 31, 2013
Just testing
Big Guy

Chester, PA

#4 Jan 31, 2013
testing
FFS-

Buffalo, NY

#5 Jan 31, 2013
Kan-u-ear wrote:
I am totally fed up with this bullshit of Terresa and Frank as being the inventer of ths chicken wing popularity. They never invented the style of the chicken wing that they claim. The true inventor was a BLACK man by the name of John Young who had (as I can remember being 68 years of age and eating there)three locations of restauraunts. one in Buffalo on Jefferson Avenue, One on Broadway and one on Niagara near the Chevy motor plant. I was John who came forth with the chicken wing with a secret sauce formula the was stolen a taken to the Anchor bar by a disgruntal cook. This was the first year that the Buffalo Bills, with Jack Kemp, won the AFL championship and Burger Land was the first Hambuger franchise on Jefferson avenue. There is still standing proof. The anchor bar has made millions so give credit to Mr. Young where it is truly due and stop the national lie.
Let me see we are looking for a black guy from Buffalo with the last name of young. Let me guess he is 5 foot 10, brown hair, brown eyes medium to heavy build. Should be easy to find him to give him his due credit
Captain Mecca

Buffalo, NY

#6 Jan 31, 2013
Yes John used to operate a retaurant in the Central Park Plaza called John Youngs Wings and Things. He later movoed it to Main St after Ernie Warlick closed his Henry's Hambuger franchise next door to that deaf school. John Young hadgret soul food and I knew a guy who ordered and ate a WHOLE TRAY OF MAC AND CHEESE. That guy isdead now.
Kan-u-ear

Buffalo, NY

#8 Jan 31, 2013
FFS. You have to be open and large enough to do the research. Take it to the east side of b'low and ask people of age who were there. GiGi's restaurant would be a good start. This was part of my life before the anchor bar really got rolling. I remember when they were known for spaget dinners and fuzzy navels but (really)not wings...

Keepin' it real....
Kan-u-ear

Buffalo, NY

#9 Jan 31, 2013
Mambo sauce.... Wow I can still taste it in my mind. Love, peace and hair grease bro...
Wingz

Mystic, CT

#10 Jan 31, 2013
Everyone knows that Buffalo wings came from Buffalo. What many people don't know is that the wings come from chickens and not from buffaloes. Although pigs can potentially fly there is no such sentiment for buffaloes. Basically the pigs might be able to escape the butcher, but he buffaloes have to fight for their lives. There are many places in Buffalo that serve excellent wings. If you like wings then be thankful if you live in WNY. If you live elsewhere you probably have only had makeshift wings so take a trip to Buffalo and find out what you've been missing. No, don't be a fool and go to Buffalo Wild Wings. Not only are they substandard they are much more expensive than a normal wing place.
Guns yes people no

Buffalo, NY

#11 Jan 31, 2013
Wild wings is great if you need to cleans your bowls the place wreaks of poison everyone i know who goes there to eat their pigeon wings gets the runs
Oh Well Chit Happens

Buffalo, NY

#12 Jan 31, 2013
Guns yes people no wrote:
Wild wings is great if you need to cleans your bowls the place wreaks of poison everyone i know who goes there to eat their pigeon wings gets the runs
Think on the bright side. They don't need ExLax!! Gives you one of those spread wide and blow clean experiences that makes the bathroom stink for an hour.
Cyst boom bah

North Tonawanda, NY

#13 Jan 31, 2013
Guns yes people no wrote:
"Cleans your bowls"???...is that you GUMP?

"Wreaks of poison"???...get a GED.
FFS-

Buffalo, NY

#15 Jan 31, 2013
Kan-u-ear wrote:
FFS. You have to be open and large enough to do the research. Take it to the east side of b'low and ask people of age who were there. GiGi's restaurant would be a good start. This was part of my life before the anchor bar really got rolling. I remember when they were known for spaget dinners and fuzzy navels but (really)not wings...
Keepin' it real....
Thats what I want to do...talk to colored people and white scumbags that grew up on the east side.
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#16 Jan 31, 2013
Cyst boom bah wrote:
<quoted text>
"Cleans your bowls"???...is that you GUMP?
"Wreaks of poison"???...get a GED.
I have read many things on hear that make me laugh, but reading the name "Cyst Boom Bah" ALWAYS makes me laugh

Thank you

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#17 Feb 8, 2013
bleh. chicken wings aren't for eating - like all the rest of the offal they should be thrown into the stockpot and boiled down for soup.
YeaRightSure

Buffalo, NY

#18 Feb 9, 2013
Lifeeeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
I never knew that
Did you know tbird has 70 cats?
Total Bulshit.
YeaRightSure

Buffalo, NY

#19 Feb 9, 2013
Kan-u-ear wrote:
Total Bulshit. It was the other way around. Just like the re-nameing streets.
Zod

Danielson, CT

#20 Feb 9, 2013
Mister submarine has the worst wings
FFS-

North Tonawanda, NY

#21 Feb 10, 2013
Zod wrote:
Mister submarine has the worst wings
That's because your getting wings from a place called mr. submarine
An educated consumer

Buffalo, NY

#22 Feb 11, 2013
Why don't restaurants just fry strips of chicken breast and put wing sauce on them? Wings cost more than breasts nowadays, I'd rather eat less skin.
FFS-

Buffalo, NY

#23 Feb 12, 2013
An educated consumer wrote:
Why don't restaurants just fry strips of chicken breast and put wing sauce on them? Wings cost more than breasts nowadays, I'd rather eat less skin.
With an idea like that...you strike me as someone who gets your fair share of skin in your mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amherst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Questioning Cherry Creek Demolition (Mar '08) 21 min Henu 505
2014 Forum Personality Of The Year 2 hr Lake Carp 37
Democrats 2 hr Dorothy 14
Erie 2 BOCES Secretary Pay 2 hr GumpNF swollen an... 3
Wallys presidential campaign slogan: pick the b... 3 hr GumpNF swollen an... 103
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr truth told 19,574
Leg lamp stolen from New York store's display 6 hr beatlesinafog 19
Amherst Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Amherst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Amherst News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Amherst

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:03 pm PST