Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Born Under A Bad Sign

Northampton, MA

#4282 Feb 18, 2013
While you're at go to liberty dot org and tell me what you think of Benjamin Freedman's speech in 1961. Pretty smart guy.
American

Largo, FL

#4283 Feb 19, 2013
Born Under A Bad Sign wrote:
Just 'maybe' you could provide me a list of where this man 'fixed' anything without a direct violation to the constitution. Take your time.
On the mend.
Good one.
Considering the alternative we had we are now far-far better off. America saw it coming and voted for what was best for America, why can't you SEE that??
Just Facts

United States

#4284 Feb 19, 2013
Maybe that is difficult to see how good he has been for America, when you can't find a job or they just took more of your wages to pay for stupid shit like Solyndra and more recently, the plant for GM to make batteries, but they are getting paid for playing solitaire, AND IT STILL CONTINUES. I guess we have all kinds of money to throw away on technologies that aren't ready and are not cost effective.

Maybe it is difficult to see how good he has been for America when he covered up and protected people within the administration that ignored repeated requests for protection overseas, which resulted in Americans being slaughtered, AND HE STILL WON'T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

Maybe it is difficult to see how good he has been for America when he openly shuns our country constituation whenever it is convenient for him because he obviously feels he is above our laws.

The list of reasons it may be hard to see is long and continues to grow with every day he is in office.
American

Largo, FL

#4286 Feb 19, 2013
The only thing you people see is the Republican Party. The Speaker of the House was trying to reduce Medicare, Social Security and Veterans beneifits in dealing with the president. AND, you knock the president? Give it up and accept what the majority of the American people told you on election day and stop the crazy talk about your president! If he sent more troops overseas to our offices you'd be whining about that too.

You people must have parents receiving and deserving those benefits, ask them how they'd like them reduced and while your at it ask the disabled veterans who fought for you how they'd like their benefits reduced.
Democracy

United States

#4287 Feb 19, 2013
While your at it, ask the neighbors all around how they are feeding their families and when they will lose their houses because they don't have jobs.

While your at it, ask those same people how they feel about our President continuing to insist that our government hand out millions of dollars to a company while their employees sit and play solitaire.

While your at it, ask someone how they feel about losing their doctor or losing their healthcare benefits because the government needs to provide it for the illegals that are invading our borders.

YOU VAN PLAY YOUR GAMES ALL YOU WANT, BUT IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE REALITY FOR THOUSANDS OF FAMILIES HAVING TO DEAL WITH THIS TRAGIC MESS.

You continue to spout nonsense about what the Republicans supposedly want to do, and at the same time, ignore what IS HAPPENING. That is your choice, but you are just lying to yourself.
McStupid

Leominster, MA

#4289 Feb 19, 2013
American wrote:
The only thing you people see is the Republican Party. The Speaker of the House was trying to reduce Medicare, Social Security and Veterans beneifits in dealing with the president. AND, you knock the president? Give it up and accept what the majority of the American people told you on election day and stop the crazy talk about your president! If he sent more troops overseas to our offices you'd be whining about that too.
You people must have parents receiving and deserving those benefits, ask them how they'd like them reduced and while your at it ask the disabled veterans who fought for you how they'd like their benefits reduced.
Nah, the speaker was just trying to figure out how to ballance the books. Everyday we get deeper and deeper in debt. China will own America soon.

I read a good article where all you radicals have pushed to shut down coal and oil powered electric plants thus driving natural gas prices up and creating a shortage. The funny thing is people are complaining about their gas bill when they do it to themselves. I understand that some of you are getting free benefits under Obama but at the cost to others. Morals anyone?
McStupid

Leominster, MA

#4292 Feb 19, 2013
Democracy wrote:
While your at it, ask the neighbors all around how they are feeding their families and when they will lose their houses because they don't have jobs.
While your at it, ask those same people how they feel about our President continuing to insist that our government hand out millions of dollars to a company while their employees sit and play solitaire.
While your at it, ask someone how they feel about losing their doctor or losing their healthcare benefits because the government needs to provide it for the illegals that are invading our borders.
YOU VAN PLAY YOUR GAMES ALL YOU WANT, BUT IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE REALITY FOR THOUSANDS OF FAMILIES HAVING TO DEAL WITH THIS TRAGIC MESS.
You continue to spout nonsense about what the Republicans supposedly want to do, and at the same time, ignore what IS HAPPENING. That is your choice, but you are just lying to yourself.
I agree the GM thing was a mess. Giving bailout money for a battery car that nobody buys and turning out it's a Korean company that built it is never good. However the bailout money put spending money in peoples pockets evn if they do suck at solitaire.
American

Largo, FL

#4293 Feb 19, 2013
Dead Red Oil Pan wrote:
<quoted text>
This President has no plan
This President had no plan
Gays, guns, illegals, and taxes.
Blame whitey.
The Christain whitey.
Well whine all you want President Obama is here for four more and then another Democrat will be elected for 8 more years so get used to it! keep growing those Tomartoe's! LOL.....
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

#4294 Feb 19, 2013
American successful corporations have to stop being greedy.Bring the jobs back to America so the country will be strong again.People want job opportunity's not petty food stamps.

The Republicans truthfully believe that the super greedy will all of a sudden have a heart and to take care of the American citizens who made them wealthy by offering American jobs.

Laws need to be passed in order to protect the people from the corporations who crush the people.There are such laws on the books all it takes is guts.Once the American people see that you really care for their job opportunities and well being then they will stand with you.

The day Romeny lost the Republicans put Rubio and Jindels name out there. These two men are not liked at all by the latino populations just look at their past voting totals.

And the American people are not that ignorant not to see that they have purposefully chosen these two to exploit latinos as narrow minded voters and citizens, this isan insult to their inteligence and is an "in your face farcade" that everyone sees right through.

I was against imigration plans as making these illegals citizens is only going to hurt the legal latino American citizens and African American citizens as they will now have to fight for their jobs.

First,I believe that we must put our military on our borders in order to stop illegal entry in to our country.
Tommy Boy

Largo, FL

#4296 Mar 11, 2013
Looks Like our Senior Senator is doing a pretty good job, I didn't vote for but she is taking on some big issues for our benefit, best of luck to her
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#4297 Mar 11, 2013
Yes I agree Tommy Boy - I did not vote for her either (the Indian lie, etc)....But I saw her interrogate (not interview) those fellows last week. She is not going to take any BS, holding their feet to the fire....

We'll see in the long run how she does and what she does. But I was rethinking her the other day ..... yes best of luck to her....

Since: Mar 13

Northampton, MA

#4298 Mar 11, 2013
Honestly, I'm thinking about running. So ME!:D
Jtn

Concord, MA

#4299 Mar 11, 2013
I,m all in,no way Wong lynch all the way
Someone

Fitchburg, MA

#4301 Mar 12, 2013
Scott Brown is now a Financial Industry Lobbyist, so much for the regular guy.

This is how his PR describes his new lobbying job, "to study how Government interacts with the financial industry".

Oh yeah, going to be a big "study" huh!!

Took the most in Wall Street cash and just revolved straight into a cushy big $$ lobbying job!

Well done, time to dump the pick-up!
Tips

Fitchburg, MA

#4302 Mar 12, 2013
Someone wrote:
Scott Brown is now a Financial Industry Lobbyist, so much for the regular guy.
This is how his PR describes his new lobbying job, "to study how Government interacts with the financial industry".
Oh yeah, going to be a big "study" huh!!
Took the most in Wall Street cash and just revolved straight into a cushy big $$ lobbying job!
Well done, time to dump the pick-up!
Yet he specifically states he's not a lobbyist. Don't let facts get in your way though. There's no hate like liberal hate.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/03/11/s...

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/03/11/former...

Those darn facts, always getting in the way of your impotent rage.
Someone

Fitchburg, MA

#4303 Mar 12, 2013
Tips wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet he specifically states he's not a lobbyist. Don't let facts get in your way though. There's no hate like liberal hate.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/03/11/s...
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/03/11/former...
Those darn facts, always getting in the way of your impotent rage.
Yeah right, don't let your fantasies get in the way of a good realization!

"But he will be working at the often gray intersection of government affairs and business." For two years he'll be "Gray"!

"During his unsuccessful run for reelection against Democrat Elizabeth Warren last year, the financial services industry was Brown’s biggest donor group." JUST LIKE I SAID HE WAS!

"“I can’t lobby members of Congress, but certainly I can instruct the firm when they’re making an approach and trying to do something, on the pitfalls and potential problem areas, so they can make their decisions going forward,” Brown said at a press conference at Nixon Peabody’s offices on the 25th floor of an office tower in downtown Boston." In other words, guide them on how to Lobby for two years, then LOBBY!!!!

What exactly would you expect him to say!?!?!? There's a bridge somewhere for you to buy since you're like the most gullible person on the planet!!
Someone

Fitchburg, MA

#4304 Mar 12, 2013
"“Scott’s ability to connect people with opportunities is an excellent fit with Nixon Peabody’s culture and strategic priorities,”

Can't lobby but CAN give access via CONNECTING other lobbyist to Members of Congress.

LEt me spell it out for you k?

"I can’t lobby members of Congress, but certainly I can instruct the firm when they’re making an approach and trying to do something"

Translation:

I can’t lobby members of Congress, but certainly I can instruct the firm when they’re LOBBYING and trying to do something.

That's what I call Black and White, not Gray!
Notice

Fitchburg, MA

#4305 Mar 12, 2013
Brown will focus his practice on business and governmental affairs as they relate to the financial services industry as well as on commercial real estate matters,” the firm, Nixon Peabody LLC, said in a press release. Brown will not be a lobbyist, the firm said, but whether he meets the specific legal requirements to be a registered lobbyist or not, it’s clear that he will draw on his contacts and status to help advance clients’ agenda in government.“He can offer many types of legal services to his broad network of contacts,” the firm said.

The head of the Nixon Peabody’s Government Relations practice is ex-New York congressman Tom Reynolds, who now lobbies for Goldman Sachs on “[f]inancial services regulatory and tax issues.”

But hey, not to worry, he's not a lobbyist for the financial industry!!
Uh huh

Leominster, MA

#4306 Mar 12, 2013
So what is worse? Lobbyists who offer compensation to get a bill passed in their favor or the politician who takes the bribe?
Just Facts

United States

#4307 Mar 12, 2013
What amazes me is that anyone really gives a crap about what Brown is doing now. He ins't a politician anymore and what he does in his business life is noones business. If he uses his contacts to establish better communication between business and government, that is what we need.

One of these days, some of you might figure out that business and government need to work together, not be mortal enemies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amherst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News image description Aug 20 Cops are degenerates 3
News Apartment complex evacuated due to man cooking ... Jul '16 Urine Trouble 1
News Trip to Israel by Rosenberg, other senators, dr... (Nov '15) Jun '16 ubo 6
News Police: 3 men charged in burglary at UMass-Amhe... May '16 Wendy 1
Social Injustice Includes Imposing Rock and Rap... May '16 Culture Auditor 1
Teddy Bear Rallies (Jun '08) Feb '16 patm 7
chat (Dec '15) Dec '15 chrisgg77 1

Amherst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance