Amherst Mystery: Did UMass Researche...
Dawn

Marysville, WA

#563 Aug 1, 2009
paris
also the call came thru on a calling card - the caller id read a number that is used on pre paid calling cards - that is something that is programmed in - however it still came from a phone - landline - went through a pair of two copper wires through central offices - to the msc - that then sent to the wireless network - that then did a transfer to the voicemail server of billy's phone. all traceable. i think it is sad that the police don't provide familes with the information that they could get this traced. Today - this is pretty much standard. It is sad it has not been the case in not only Maura's case but so many misssing peoples cases. The could at least know their missing family members last steps - or the calls made to them or the calls they made.
Semper Fi

Saint Johnsbury, VT

#564 Aug 1, 2009
If she took her own life we would have a body! Ihave always thought she got in a police car. Someone she would have trusted or someone accidently hit her on one of the bad corners on rt. 116! If she was hit by someone they might have not wanted to be charged with her death and may have disposed of her with some hired help! That area has been searched many times without finding a body. SO....
hannah_b

Sweden

#565 Aug 1, 2009
Semper Fi wrote:
"If she took her own life we would have a body!"

Not necessarily.
Chip

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#566 Aug 1, 2009
Semper Fi wrote:
If she took her own life we would have a body! Ihave always thought she got in a police car. Someone she would have trusted or someone accidently hit her on one of the bad corners on rt. 116! If she was hit by someone they might have not wanted to be charged with her death and may have disposed of her with some hired help! That area has been searched many times without finding a body. SO....
"SO...."
There is no blood evidence and no injured body to prove she was hit and no time to hire some "help" to remove her body.
"Ihave always thought she got in a police car." And now you are accusing the police of doing exactly what?
adagio

United States

#567 Aug 1, 2009
Chip wrote:
<quoted text> who has been driving the misinformation and outright lies
over these years? Does the family and its online "friends" then keep with their story to throw the public off? Its clear they have been hiding the truth about Maura's past.
Maura is a perfect saint who was living a perfect and blameless life when she was snatched off the face of this earth by The Forces of Evil. Frankly my strongest sympathies now travel in the direction of Petrit Vasi a 19 yr old UMass student walking along the roadside on the night of Feb 5/6 and struck down by a car whose driver then proceeded to leave him for dead. Petrit was in a coma for 3 months then placed in a Rehab Hospital that threw him out when his insurance ran out even though he needed more rehab treatment. I am quoting Petrit's mother Aphrodite regarding the rehab situation.
adagio

United States

#568 Aug 1, 2009
Beagle wrote:
It is often assumed that Maura Murray did not have enough time to get from her desk to the location where Vasi was found (Matoon and Triangle) and back again. This is not true if she was driving a car that was parked at - or near - SW. The route can be driven twice (round trip) in 20 minutes. In fact, the same distance can be briskly walked once in 20-25 minutes.
This is correct.
adagio

United States

#569 Aug 1, 2009
quija wrote:
Yes, as Beagle posted, the location where Petrit Vasi sustained traumatic brain injury and other injuries is very close to the school. Even with making it by car to the nearer of 3 area coffee shops and having an accident on the way back, it would still be around 25 minutes round trip. The route to one of those coffee shops goes right by the Vasi accident site. I'll try to post a link to a map of that.
Again. This is correct.
adagio

United States

#570 Aug 1, 2009
quija wrote:
We don't know for a fact that the Saturn was "undrivable" for short trips.(I mean, it apparently made it up to Woodsville, NH!) Being told over and over with great emphasis (why?) that the Saturn was not drivable may have been to protect Maura from the idea of Maura having made a coffee run Thursday night 2/5 just before she broke down emotionally at her security job.
It suddenly seems that to portray Maura's "few-day getaway" to New Hampshire as a normal kind of thing, even though she never took a trip like that alone in her life, doesn't jibe with the Saturn being undrivable. HOWEVER, thinking that Maura took a defective car on a nighttime (after dusk)trip by herself MAY BE better than saying the Saturn was drivable (and therefore allowing Maura could have hit Vasi).
If the Saturn wasn't working properly and since Maura seemed to be a new and maybe reluctant driver, THAT might more likely be the reason she had others do the driving whenever possible.
We also don't know for a fact how long in advance Fred was planning to come up to Amherst -- within (?) 24 hours of Vasi's accident. Maybe Fred's arrival in Amherst so soon after Petrit Vasi was hit was really an emergency visit to fix something for Maura, as he said in a press release that he always did for her.
We were not really able to examine these things, of course, in the family-run forum, but again I think it's time to do so. Maybe there WAS a psychopathic killer, but when you tick down the list of things going on in Maura's life, it seems more likely she was extremely despondent.
I don't think this is a mystery.
And I don't think it's necessary to write out the long list of things that were not going well for Maura. It's just a really sad story.
Yes and the family run forum permitted nay encouraged the most obscene slander, libel and bashing of the citizens of NH - SBD, CW and all of NH LE.
Chip

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#571 Aug 1, 2009
adagio wrote:
<quoted text>
Maura is a perfect saint who was living a perfect and blameless life when she was snatched off the face of this earth by The Forces of Evil. Frankly my strongest sympathies now travel in the direction of Petrit Vasi a 19 yr old UMass student walking along the roadside on the night of Feb 5/6 and struck down by a car whose driver then proceeded to leave him for dead. Petrit was in a coma for 3 months then placed in a Rehab Hospital that threw him out when his insurance ran out even though he needed more rehab treatment. I am quoting Petrit's mother Aphrodite regarding the rehab situation.
Petrit Vasi was asked if he was a college graduate by one of the defenders of The All American Girl Maura on a Topix forum not long ago. Vasi's writing style was attacked by her, even though she knew he is recovering from a brain injury from the near fatal Amherst accident.
I agree with you Adagio that Petrit Vasi is a victim of a hit and run that may have involved Maura. Only the police will know and can prove if this is true.
I wonder why the police have not carefully preserved the Murray Saturn if it was involved in the Vasi accident.
paris

Minneapolis, MN

#572 Aug 1, 2009
adagio wrote:
<quoted text>
This is something to think about......~* Where is the justice for Petrit Vasi? I think it's shame that he had to leave rehab when it was a hit and run that brought him there. Aren't we supposed to help people like that with a need when it's not their fault? Hearing this really ticks me off.

I was thinking. Were those emails ever traced to any other root than the assumed computer belonging to Maura Murray?
What if she didn't write them and someone set all this up?

Here's some links to read a little on the subject of tracing emails and IP's, even back in 2004 when there were less than the crazy here and now.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips...

http://www.visualware.com/resources/tutorials...

http://www.howstuffworks.com/nat.htm
adagio

United States

#573 Aug 1, 2009
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Petrit Vasi was asked if he was a college graduate by one of the defenders of The All American Girl Maura on a Topix forum not long ago. Vasi's writing style was attacked by her, even though she knew he is recovering from a brain injury from the near fatal Amherst accident.
I agree with you Adagio that Petrit Vasi is a victim of a hit and run that may have involved Maura. Only the police will know and can prove if this is true.
I wonder why the police have not carefully preserved the Murray Saturn if it was involved in the Vasi accident.
Petrit Vasi's mother Aphrodite has complained that the Amherst police "never properly investigated the hit and run" of her son. I am quoting her on this.
paris

Minneapolis, MN

#574 Aug 1, 2009
Furthermore, if someone knew Maura would say oh boy, I let so and so use the car and it's damaged and I can verify I was on duty and seen at that time, it was not me. So the person,(if that's the case) decided to lead her in a direction she could not get out of.
If she were the one however, who hit Petrit and came back to work only to be called and told it was worse that she thought....she may have thought about fleeing to make the car worse somewhere else. It would be nice if Fred Murray could say that he went to her car for some reason and it appeared to be in the same shape as when it was towed to UMASS. Then again, why tow a bum car that wasn't worth much? Just because you can and have AAA? What about going over the allowed tows per year.....would it be worth it to do on a car that needed work? Maura didn't really use the car anyway and her dad knew he'd be replacing it (I think). Seems to me I read that.

Thanks Dawn for the info.....

Chip, in all fairness I don't think JML or whatever her posting name was, knew that Petrit had a head injury. I think it was a poor thing to say, but I'm thinking she likely regretted it afterwards.......she stopped posting shortly thereafter.
adagio

United States

#575 Aug 1, 2009
paris wrote:
<quoted text>* Where is the justice for Petrit Vasi?
Yes and it adds insult to injury that Amherst LE "never properly investigated the hit and run" of Petrit Vasi. Again, I have no insider knowledge of the activities of the Amherst police, I am simply quoting his distraught mother.
paris

Minneapolis, MN

#576 Aug 1, 2009
adagio wrote:
<quoted text>
Petrit Vasi's mother Aphrodite has complained that the Amherst police "never properly investigated the hit and run" of her son. I am quoting her on this.
Maybe we could all send a note of disgust to the Amherst police and/or appeal to them, to open it back up and find out what happened. I heard there were no witnesses, but you know how that goes. And the person who did it may have told someone. A new investigation might lead to the truth and I think he deserves that. He remembers the friends he was with, they could start asking them if they haven't already. Where is his restitution for the pain and suffering? Is it not a crime in itself not to help the vitim of a crime?
paris

Minneapolis, MN

#577 Aug 1, 2009
Some notes were left on the boxes in Maura's room. Well, she didn't want to talk, but then she did......everything was going well with her and Billy. Whatever kind of crud was going on, why would SHE put old notes from Billy on top of boxes in a packed room?
Does anyone really think she'd take off on him?
I just read something similar on AOL today. A 17 year old was kidnapped in LA. She called her parents while with her captor and didn't let on. She only asked them how she could get money with her ATM card. When that didn't work, the captor snapped and it ended her life within 2 hours.
Jonathan

United States

#578 Aug 2, 2009
I see what you are saying Paris... it is like every time I come on here, I have a different thought on this whole thing... it's just so horrible, and to me it is truly frightening... no matter WHAT happened to this girl.
The forced disappearance makes a lot of sense as well, but the 2 big things to me, that go against that theory, are that there was 2 video feeds (ATM machine, liquor store) that clearly show this girl alone, doing her business. That along with the probable witness who saw her 4 miles from the crash running.
As far as the Vasi situation, just tell me what petition to sign to get it reopened.... I'm on board... his story is also sad. One big question I have obviously, I'm sure has been answered a lot, is, has ANYONE ever asked Vasi if it was a black Saturn that hit him? I really don't remember reading any info on that..Also can't they check forensics on Maura's vehicle? If it is proved she did in fact hit him, then a WHOPPER of a puzzle piece falls into place, which may even indicate she is STILL ALIVE?
I agree with the one other poster on the body/remains issue... WHERE IS HER BODY?!? Her father has combed the area, for 5 years, searching for blood, clothes, liquor bottles, ANY trace of his beloved daughter. Nothing. The suicide is just a freaky thing to imagine because it doesn't make sense to me...I suppose she could have eluded everyone and made her way into the woods to kill herself. However, would a depressed, suicidal, intoxicated person with a head injury in the dead of winter, go to these GREAT lengths to make sure her dead body wasn't found? It doesn't seem realistic to me.. but again I'm speculating..stranger things have happened.
I honestly have become semi-obsessed with this whole thing... and it's not a good feeling, but it's something I feel that I need some kind of closure to feel any comfort.. I love this world, and my fellow man, and the thought of something like this happening to someone not that far away from me(3-4 hours), coming from a family not too different from my own (as far as I can tell). It's so horrible. I pray that Fred Murray can find some comfort and peace and perhaps sleep a peaceful night for once, since the day his life altered forever.
I just read and read and read until my eyes go whack and I get a migraine. Also, I try to piece things together and scenarios, etc. as I'm sure you ALL do, constantly... but I just wish there was something more I could do. I really would take great pleasure and satisfaction being able to help this family ANY way I possibly could. As I said earlier no matter WHAT happened to her, it's a horrible, frightening tragedy that I can literally not even imagine.. Just keep posting guys... we can at least keep the discussions and spead word of mouth.. That is the LEAST we could do in the way of attempting any sort of possible closure in the future..I mean if nothing else, this sad, sad story makes you really cherish your loved ones and makes you want to forgive someone and turn the other cheek over stupid trivial things like your drunk daughter crashing your new car.. I am sure Fred regrets his reaction to that situation and what he said to her, for the rest of his life.. but he's a very loving father and should let that go.. The only way I feel this man's life can go on is to have SOME kind of closure.. I'm sorry for ranting, I just feel so horrible and insignificant and afraid when I think of this horrible tragedy, and all it's mysterious details... Thanks for listening.
hannah_b

Sweden

#579 Aug 2, 2009
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
IIRC Petrit Vasiīs mother said in an interview the hit and run was never really investigated. I wonder why. If true, thatīs an outrage.
hannah_b

Sweden

#580 Aug 2, 2009
Jonathan, Vasi has said he has no memory of the accident.
paris

Minneapolis, MN

#581 Aug 2, 2009
But Jonathan, Maura was not drunk when she crashed her dad's new car or she'd've been taken to jail or something. The Hadley report was accessable at one time....maybe not the whole thing, but enough of a summary as to what happened that night. There seemed to be something even more upsetting though and Billy could hear it, or feel it, it her voice........
Running in the direction of Franconia is running away from the mountains? The dog lost the scent and police, family, gather that Maura must have gotten into a car.......only to get out of a car......?...and run, dash along toward somewhere she could just stop everything? If she went off the beaten trail from that 5 mile mark, she may have gone through the easiest terrain, which would be enough out of the way for privacy and detection. Everything might be found in one place someday and it might suprise some how people could walk or drive by for 5 years and not notice.
But being alone on ATM or in a store is nothing to me. People wait in the car or on the outside all the time. Stupid crooks are right there to be seen with an about to go missing person. The videos would not bring result or they'd have shown it? Is it too late to show the video on the news? Hey.....this is a 5 year old mystery. We have this girl, Maura Murray shown here taking cash from the ---- at the ---location, on ----,2004. We are appealing to the public to come forward with any info.
What about Crime stoppers? And now, why not try AMW again? If going into the things like the knife are stopping it, why not make it simple and include the hit and run as part of something to be solved with the publics help?
paris

Minneapolis, MN

#582 Aug 2, 2009
hannah_b wrote:
<quoted text>
IIRC Petrit Vasiīs mother said in an interview the hit and run was never really investigated. I wonder why. If true, thatīs an outrage.
I spent awhile talking w/Petrit and if indeed it was the same Petrit, he said the same thing. Nada, zip was done that he's aware. He only EVER heard about Maura 2 years later when he googled himself and read about her posssibly hitting him. But he told me he does not remember a thing, he was having waaaay tooooo much fun and walking at some point, going from bar to bar. He is not sure if he was hit or fell from a car.
No matter what though, anyone who knew he had been hurt was wrong to keep going.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amherst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leominster woman arrested at western Mass. pipe... May '17 Bruno max 1
Adam Scott Cutter Makes the News Apr '17 WhatintheWorld 1
Teddy Bear Rallies (Jun '08) Jan '17 Charmant Teddy Bears 8
seeing missing people (Apr '14) Dec '16 ubo 4
Maura Murray & Molly Bish (Mar '09) Dec '16 Rachel 19
jonathan lash (Dec '16) Dec '16 REBEL 1
Cancel all taxpayer funding to College (Nov '16) Nov '16 Retired USAF Veteran 1

Amherst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance