Amherst Mystery: Did UMass Researche...

“Midnight is wen the day begins”

Since: Sep 10

AikenFeet, S.C./Augusta, GA.

#2310 Aug 22, 2011
ssgoodenough wrote:
Alright folks I haven't posted in quite some time now and I know that I am hitting the bee hive with a stick by even making this suggestion but...perhaps it should be considered that the Murray dissappearance and the Conrad murder are linked. Please take note I am NOT suggesting that Thomas Conrad is suspect in anything to do directly with Maura's dissapperance, maybe he just came by information about it. There is an active thread on Topix regarding his murder which members of his family actively comment on and they should know I am not trying to disrespect his memory in anyway. My only suggestion is this, two unsloved crimes, possibly both violent, within relativly close proximity to one another in both time and space occured in a pretty rural community. For just those reasons alone I think the possiblity of a link should at least be explored.
I have never heard of this person. Guess I need to put my PI skills to good use.
I believe in my heart that she is alive. Sometimes adults need to run away too. I know her family is crushed and needs answers and closure but there is nothing I can do about that but pray. I do hope she is well and someday she contacts Fred. She has a great family and I don't know Maura but I can understand running away.
you are not in the loop

United States

#2311 Sep 8, 2011
U2tourslut wrote:
<quoted text>
She has a great family
You know them ? Her mother was an alcoholic, her father was an abusive drunk, Her mother had a child by another man when married to her father and you call this a "great" family? I don't think so. By the way this information is from Laurie' sister, if you don't like it take it up with her. Of course Maura ran away, there has never been any evidence of foul play, she had plenty to run away from. And that's not counting the upcoming charges of cc fraud.
MR Muscle

Clifton, NJ

#2312 Sep 9, 2011
whiston wrote:
Hi all,the juices seem to be flowing towards finding Maura again and that is great in my book.I too have wondered about Maura REALLY being seen in Amherst on Monday.There was reported the liquor store receipt found in the saturn which as far as i know was not seen by the P.Is'.Whilst i am thinking of it I wonder what else was not given back to Billy Rausch after the saturn was found and why.Did the Murrays have the receipt with Mauras' other things that they never looked at.If Mauras' old associates are not talking and would not talk about Maura to the Daily Collegian on campus were they just protecting her from people in her life at that time that she wanted to get away from.If Maura was in Amherst on Monday,her phone could be traced if she had it,she would have used her ucard ,there are cameras all over campus including at the dorm doors.We dont' know when or if used her own phone the last time calls were shown on the bill.I am thinking more and more that she was helped to disappear and leaving everything behind would be normal.These are my thoughts.Beagle glad you are back in the saddle.Take care philip
Hi whitson. I agree with a lot of what your saying but if maura had help to just disappear. I just don't see her leaving everything behind. you know what I mean?..like her loving father and her umass gal pals she knew for a long, long time. especially this long a time ?? I just don't see her getting away from all the things that she loved for very long. unless there was foul play. this is just my opinion.
kitten

Amherst, MA

#2313 Sep 10, 2011
Renner's last few blog updates have been really informative. That secret boyfriend we all speculated about? The assistant track coach of UMass. Not American, not Catholic and DEFINITELY not approved of by her family. The coach, Bagdhadi, thought he father was dead, because Maura never ever mentioned him.

She also stated to him, "I wish I could disappear."

That, and a recent sighting in the area of MM with a child. Renner hasn't elaborated on that story yet. If that's true though, it fits well with Beagle's theory about Birthright and trying to get away to make her own decisions.

Well,*I* wish that someone would come forward with a yes she's alive or not, so we could all rest. She's allowed to live in hiding, if that's what she wants. Just give everyone some peace.

#2314 Sep 11, 2011
you are not in the loop wrote:
<quoted text>
You know them ? Her mother was an alcoholic, her father was an abusive drunk, Her mother had a child by another man when married to her father and you call this a "great" family? I don't think so. By the way this information is from Laurie' sister, if you don't like it take it up with her. Of course Maura ran away, there has never been any evidence of foul play, she had plenty to run away from. And that's not counting the upcoming charges of cc fraud.
Wow,you have a lot to say. Sorry you having such a bad year....
Exsqueese me Mr./Ms. Loop who does not have an account... Why are you so bitter? I like they way you take what I said out of context.
First I stated Maura having a great family not because I personally know them but from what I saw on Disappearance with Mr. Maurray spending every weekend looking for his daughter. From what I see, a brokenhearted man just wanting some answers for his family and himself. I am sure there are plenty of families that couldn't care less about what happened to their child, ect. Why am I explaining myself to you I haven't a clue but the lady you are referring to has since passed and cannot defend herself. I know from my own personal experience there is no such thing as a functioning family vs. a dysfunctional family. I would rather be in the dysfunctional family if the truth be told, ie...no keeping up with the Jones, my house is bigger and my car is better and more expensive than the nosy neighbors. Bla, bla, bla.
As for the baby having a different father is none of our business, like that has never happened via the history of mankind in the flesh, the same goes with being an alcoholic, also none of my/our business. Will all this BS find Maura? I think not but I do know she has support and that is what is important and who doesn't have issues?
I have read about her problems with her former college and the accused CC fraud. I personally feel she ran away, I would rather know that than find out she is deceased. I would probably run away too. I have been running all my life. I am running to stand still.
Maura is not stupid, she is very intelligent, just has problems coping I believe and I can totally relate. it took me 20 years to find out how strong I really am but this forum is not about me, it's about Maura Maurray. Hopefully we can cut the crap with a huge knife and focus on what we have in front of us. Not much but it's a start.

This is my post the loop is referring to and I am also speaking about the Conrad murder at first.....
"I have never heard of this person (Tom Conrad). Guess I need to put my PI skills to good use.
I believe in my heart that she is alive.(Maura) Sometimes adults need to run away too. I know her family is crushed and needs answers and closure (I personally do not believe in total closure) but there is nothing I can do about that but pray. I do hope she is well and someday she contacts Fred. She has a GREAT FAMILY and I don't know Maura but I can understand running away."
Mr. Or Ms Loop, I don't need to take anything up with Laurie's sister, I have a brain of my own that functions very well thank you very much.
_Well, I guess it's time for me to bend over and drop 'em for my caning 'cause I don't see the death penalty in my case for typing a paragraph. Just saying.
Have a nice day Loop.
MR Muscle

Clifton, NJ

#2315 Sep 12, 2011
U2tourslut wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow,you have a lot to say. Sorry you having such a bad year....
Exsqueese me Mr./Ms. Loop who does not have an account... Why are you so bitter? I like they way you take what I said out of context.
First I stated Maura having a great family not because I personally know them but from what I saw on Disappearance with Mr. Maurray spending every weekend looking for his daughter. From what I see, a brokenhearted man just wanting some answers for his family and himself. I am sure there are plenty of families that couldn't care less about what happened to their child, ect. Why am I explaining myself to you I haven't a clue but the lady you are referring to has since passed and cannot defend herself. I know from my own personal experience there is no such thing as a functioning family vs. a dysfunctional family. I would rather be in the dysfunctional family if the truth be told, ie...no keeping up with the Jones, my house is bigger and my car is better and more expensive than the nosy neighbors. Bla, bla, bla.
As for the baby having a different father is none of our business, like that has never happened via the history of mankind in the flesh, the same goes with being an alcoholic, also none of my/our business. Will all this BS find Maura? I think not but I do know she has support and that is what is important and who doesn't have issues?
I have read about her problems with her former college and the accused CC fraud. I personally feel she ran away, I would rather know that than find out she is deceased. I would probably run away too. I have been running all my life. I am running to stand still.
Maura is not stupid, she is very intelligent, just has problems coping I believe and I can totally relate. it took me 20 years to find out how strong I really am but this forum is not about me, it's about Maura Maurray. Hopefully we can cut the crap with a huge knife and focus on what we have in front of us. Not much but it's a start.
This is my post the loop is referring to and I am also speaking about the Conrad murder at first.....
"I have never heard of this person (Tom Conrad). Guess I need to put my PI skills to good use.
I believe in my heart that she is alive.(Maura) Sometimes adults need to run away too. I know her family is crushed and needs answers and closure (I personally do not believe in total closure) but there is nothing I can do about that but pray. I do hope she is well and someday she contacts Fred. She has a GREAT FAMILY and I don't know Maura but I can understand running away."
Mr. Or Ms Loop, I don't need to take anything up with Laurie's sister, I have a brain of my own that functions very well thank you very much.
_Well, I guess it's time for me to bend over and drop 'em for my caning 'cause I don't see the death penalty in my case for typing a paragraph. Just saying.
Have a nice day Loop.
allright (U2tourslut) lay down the law. your points are
interesting. you don't have to apologize to anyone.:)
Loop

United States

#2316 Sep 14, 2011
U2tourslut wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in my heart that she is alive.(Maura) Sometimes adults need to run away too.
It takes courage to run away, leave all your mistakes behind you. And she had plenty to run away from. I believe she is safe and sound somewhere and probably (I hope) happy. If she doesn't want to be found that wish should be respected. She is an intelligent adult and would never run away without a compelling reason to. I wish her peace and serenity. And privacy.
MR Muscle

Elizabeth, NJ

#2317 Sep 16, 2011
Loop wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes courage to run away, leave all your mistakes behind you. And she had plenty to run away from. I believe she is safe and sound somewhere and probably (I hope) happy. If she doesn't want to be found that wish should be respected. She is an intelligent adult and would never run away without a compelling reason to. I wish her peace and serenity. And privacy.
Very interesting thoughts here on maura running away but WHY did she run away if this is what happenned ?? why would she leave all her Umass close girlfriends, her loving father looking for her? their are obviously many secrets here about maura,her family, her life that we don't know about but I hope she is still alive somewhere and did not die that night she went missing.
kitten

Amherst, MA

#2318 Sep 17, 2011
MR Muscle wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting thoughts here on maura running away but WHY did she run away if this is what happenned ?? why would she leave all her Umass close girlfriends, her loving father looking for her? their are obviously many secrets here about maura,her family, her life that we don't know about but I hope she is still alive somewhere and did not die that night she went missing.
With the exception of a few young ladies, it doesn't sound like she really did have that many friends. IMO, based on what I've read, she was a pretty quiet person who focused on school and her relationship. And I think it was that relationship (and the expectations surrounding it-- marriage, moving to the middle of nowhere, being a military wife-- don't forget, Billy was later deployed to Iraq) that she was running from. I think people underestimate how much pressure women Maura's age are under, especially successful women whose families need help as well. Maura was taking care of her mother, which fell to her brother Kurt after she disappeared. Laurie Murray later died of cancer. There was a lot to run away from. I think it was just all too complicated to deal with.
sharon

United States

#2319 Sep 18, 2011
MR Muscle wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't see her leaving everything behind. you know what I mean?..like her loving father
Just how well do you know Fred ????? Loving? No offense, but I don't think you know the real Fred.
MR Muscle

Elizabeth, NJ

#2320 Sep 19, 2011
sharon wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how well do you know Fred ????? Loving? No offense, but I don't think you know the real Fred.
sharon, your right..... I do not know the real fred murray . I was just speculating. that's all. but thats what this site is. We are all just speculating and giving different theories on what may have happenned here. that's all....and don't worry. I am not offended at all on what you said.:)
Jonathan

United States

#2321 Sep 20, 2011
I have been away from this board for quite some time. Then I watch Disappeared on ID and gets my gears grinding again.

This case and a few others have me almost to the point of obsession. Fred may not have been father of the year, but anyone who sees him in interviews knows that his little girl meant everything to him, and he will love her and be haunted by this until the day he dies.

Nobody deserves to go through this. Morgan Harrington's parents were happy to have closure...also, by them finding her body, it led to DNA evidence linking her murder to another rape in the area.

If Maura disappeared voluntarily there would have been some trace. She had hardly any money, and her phone and bank cards werent used after her disappearance. I personally think she died in the woods or perhaps was the victim of a grusome violation. Either way her father deserves to know, because the things in his imagination are probably far worse than what really happened.
MR Muscle

Elizabeth, NJ

#2322 Sep 21, 2011
Jonathan wrote:
I have been away from this board for quite some time. Then I watch Disappeared on ID and gets my gears grinding again.
This case and a few others have me almost to the point of obsession. Fred may not have been father of the year, but anyone who sees him in interviews knows that his little girl meant everything to him, and he will love her and be haunted by this until the day he dies.
Nobody deserves to go through this. Morgan Harrington's parents were happy to have closure...also, by them finding her body, it led to DNA evidence linking her murder to another rape in the area.
If Maura disappeared voluntarily there would have been some trace. She had hardly any money, and her phone and bank cards werent used after her disappearance. I personally think she died in the woods or perhaps was the victim of a grusome violation. Either way her father deserves to know, because the things in his imagination are probably far worse than what really happened.
I agree jonathan. if maura dissappeared on her own free will their would of been some trace of her through her phone cards, bank cards, etc. and yes fred murray probably was not the father of the year with her but he definetly loved her through all this searching for her. I really think somebody definetly knows something that could really help in solving this case but they are not talking. I hope the maura murray family either finds her or at least get closure as soon as possible. this is too much torture for her dad with all of this searching for his daughter...and coming up with nothing.
kitten

Amherst, MA

#2323 Sep 25, 2011
Mr Muscle, I have to disagree. People disappear every day and just get new accounts, new phones, new friends. She could live with someone whose name is on all those accounts so she doesn't have to use her own social security number... is it likely? Not really. Possible? Yeah.

Now, the real question for me right now is this: why all the hatred for Renner, the journalish with the blog/ book? Nancy Grace and ID and all of those features MM was on stood to make way more money than a journalist from Ohio does, and NONE of those specials did any independent research.
They only recycled the canon already published, which is widely regarded as entirely flawed in addition to being poorly investigated on the police level. The hatred isn't here, from what I've seen, but the facebook page admins have deleted comments and members supporting him, and there is a rabid anti-Renner commenting faction that writes unintelligible, illiterate junk in his comments section every day.

Its effing stupid to discount good research just because you don't like a person.
MR MUSCLE

Elizabeth, NJ

#2324 Sep 26, 2011
kitten wrote:
Mr Muscle, I have to disagree. People disappear every day and just get new accounts, new phones, new friends. She could live with someone whose name is on all those accounts so she doesn't have to use her own social security number... is it likely? Not really. Possible? Yeah.
Now, the real question for me right now is this: why all the hatred for Renner, the journalish with the blog/ book? Nancy Grace and ID and all of those features MM was on stood to make way more money than a journalist from Ohio does, and NONE of those specials did any independent research.
They only recycled the canon already published, which is widely regarded as entirely flawed in addition to being poorly investigated on the police level. The hatred isn't here, from what I've seen, but the facebook page admins have deleted comments and members supporting him, and there is a rabid anti-Renner commenting faction that writes unintelligible, illiterate junk in his comments section every day.
Its effing stupid to discount good research just because you don't like a person.
Ok kitten. well shut me up!.... on my point about maura dissappearing on her own.:)

plus I DO agree with you on what you said about the anti-renner stuff.
Lauren

Wayland, MA

#2325 Sep 26, 2011
kitten wrote:
Excellent post. Facebook is ultimately controlled by Fred . Fred only allows certain questions to be asked. Renner is digging for the truth. The REAL truth. He is not playing by Fred's rules. Facebook is managed by someone according to Fred's rules. Stick to the party line. Or else get deleted. Renner is getting too close to the truth. I don't know what it is I just know that some people do not want it exposed.
Info

Netherlands

#2326 Sep 27, 2011
Maura disappeared less than 36 hrs after having spent a night alone in a motel room with Fred in Hadley MA.

What is it that Fred is terrified that Renner will find out? Renner has no idea what a mess he has stepped into! He is just an investigative journalist trying to solve a mystery, and answer a question long asked - What happened to Maura?

#2327 Sep 27, 2011
Info wrote:
Maura disappeared less than 36 hrs after having spent a night alone in a motel room with Fred in Hadley MA.
What is it that Fred is terrified that Renner will find out? Renner has no idea what a mess he has stepped into! He is just an investigative journalist trying to solve a mystery, and answer question long asked - What happened to Maura?
Wow,Info. I don't want to even think along those lines but you just opened my eyes a little. I hope nothing like what your referring to is true. Put's some event together in this puzzle if we thinking that way. Yikes!
Her

United States

#2328 Nov 30, 2011
NotSoMuch

UK

#2330 Dec 27, 2011
A bit far-fetched.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amherst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teddy Bear Rallies (Jun '08) Jan '17 Charmant Teddy Bears 8
seeing missing people (Apr '14) Dec '16 ubo 4
Maura Murray & Molly Bish (Mar '09) Dec '16 Rachel 19
jonathan lash Dec '16 REBEL 1
Cancel all taxpayer funding to College Nov '16 Retired USAF Veteran 1
News College removes American flag from campus in wa... Nov '16 jay roberts 1
Abuse and don't fly the US Flag Nov '16 Heck yes 1

Amherst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance