Megan

United States

#1 Jun 3, 2008
The annual Teddy Bear Rally is Extremely needed esp. with today's lack of health and dark termoil! I know the dear Rotary Club leader died over past year,but what better way to honor him than reviving "RALLY"?! I finally moved up to northeast states and could actually commute to Amherst and now they say they won't have Teddy Rally anymore.This is really sad...I have a 43 year old polar teddy bear my greatmother made by hand from her own winter coat.even though I hateto say it,I don't think he'll make many more years! Who's with me to bring this rally back? Megan.
Allan

Roslindale, MA

#2 Jun 19, 2008
I am all for bringing it back. We traveled from Boston area for it every year for last 20 years it was held. Bring back the Teddy Bear Rally to Amherst!
Tenderheart Bear

New York, NY

#3 Jun 27, 2008
For a full decade I entertained at the Amherst Teddy Bear Rally as Tenderheart Bear of the Care Bears and was very saddened to hear a couple of years ago that the event was no more. I really miss making everybody smile there every year.

Here is a YouTube clip of me and Gary Rosen at the 2002 rally...
Teddy Collector

Austin, TX

#4 Jul 29, 2008
I would sooooooo LOVE to have the Amherst Teddy Bear Rally revived. I went every year and spent most of the day just taking in the sights and adding to my "family". I would get so anxious on Friday night before the rally, that it was like when I was little waiting for Santa. I had a hard time sleeping and anticipating going. I was always up at the crack of dawn and on the road early. It is about an hour or so from where I live, but I would get there early, find a reasonable parking spot, get my yearly Teddy Bear Rally t-shirt and pin, and be on my way to find that special bear that "spoke" to me.
Geez, I think I may have shared too much..... it's just that it was such a great time for me and I do miss it very, very much.
Lynne -

Richmond, VA

#5 Oct 24, 2009
Teddy Collector wrote:
I would sooooooo LOVE to have the Amherst Teddy Bear Rally revived. I went every year and spent most of the day just taking in the sights and adding to my "family". I would get so anxious on Friday night before the rally, that it was like when I was little waiting for Santa. I had a hard time sleeping and anticipating going. I was always up at the crack of dawn and on the road early. It is about an hour or so from where I live, but I would get there early, find a reasonable parking spot, get my yearly Teddy Bear Rally t-shirt and pin, and be on my way to find that special bear that "spoke" to me.
Geez, I think I may have shared too much..... it's just that it was such a great time for me and I do miss it very, very much.
I have 3 posters 2 of which are framed from the years in the 90's, one is olympics, one of golfing bears and one of a playground scene. Any interest in buying these?
Tenderheart Bear

New York, NY

#6 May 31, 2011
Here is another, much longer video of me appearing at the Amherst Teddy Bear Rally, this one from 2000.

patm

Waltham, MA

#7 Feb 13, 2016
Hi All,
I have a complete collection of the posters for sale: some are signed by May Carhart.
Pat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amherst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trip to Israel by Rosenberg, other senators, dr... (Nov '15) Jun 1 ubo 6
News Police: 3 men charged in burglary at UMass-Amhe... May '16 Wendy 1
Social Injustice Includes Imposing Rock and Rap... May '16 Culture Auditor 1
Maura Murray & Hadley Police (Nov '13) Mar '16 anonymouse 130
chat (Dec '15) Dec '15 chrisgg77 1
News Missing: 'Slightly Sinister' Ronald McDonald St... (Oct '15) Oct '15 wichita-rick 5
Evan Heller the kid toucher (Feb '15) Oct '15 Guest 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Amherst Mortgages