Authorities search snow for missing I...

Authorities search snow for missing Iowa State student

There are 8 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 1, 2010, titled Authorities search snow for missing Iowa State student. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Backhoes and dogs were used Monday to search for a missing Iowa State University student who authorities fear could be buried in the snow.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Gardy

Cottage Grove, MN

#1 Feb 1, 2010
Check the pond- or any other nearby water. When will the FBI acknowledge there's a serial killer in the upper midwest?
Gardy

Cottage Grove, MN

#2 Feb 1, 2010
If all these cases aren't related, then why are young males the only ones wandering into the water? You can't tell me that there aren't enough drunk females or older adults for any of them to wander in the water if all these young males are wandering into water. The most obvious answer is that drunks are smart enough not to drown themselves, and somebody is murdering the young males. http://sfkillers.com/
Angela

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Feb 2, 2010
I think this isn't happening to women because they tend to travel in pairs (or more) for safety reasons on college campuses.
L K Tucker

Columbus, GA

#4 Feb 2, 2010
There are several current disappearances like this. Remember Brian Shaffer? How about Maura Murray, Michael Negrete, Josh Guimond, or Justin Gains? They all disappeared and are still missing.

Visit VisionAndPsychosis.Net and link to the Missing Students page.
http://VisionAndPsychosis.Net
Angela

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Feb 2, 2010
There are quite a few from here in Minnesota, as well as U of Wi-Madison.
Jillian

Waterloo, IA

#6 Feb 2, 2010
A few years ago there was another one in Ames...
djmac

Acme, PA

#7 Feb 2, 2010
Did anyone see a van near the building he left? If so, this would explain why no one saw him walking that night.
L K Tucker

Columbus, GA

#8 Feb 3, 2010
It does happen to women.

The complaint is that when young attractive white women go missing the media has a frenzy.

I have Google Alerts for missing students and student disappearances. Women make up at least half of the reports.

They don't all make the national news.

http://VisionAndPsychosis.Net

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ames Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote TRUMP-all-Rep., Dem., Bernie Supporters, S... Nov '16 ClintonCorruption 1
News Lucky? Hillary Clinton Wins All 6 Coin Tosses I... (Feb '16) Nov '16 ClintonCorruption 11
News Trump's 'big announcement' sparks Palin buzz (Jan '16) Sep '16 Go Blue Forever 103
Danfoss Jul '16 Truth seeker 1
News Bernie Sanders Has a Turnout Problem (Feb '16) Jul '16 GINGERICH 2
News Ted Cruz under fire for controversial Iowa mailer (Jan '16) Feb '16 goonsquad 15
Iowa's Working Class Voters (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ninety-Percenter 1

Ames Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ames Mortgages