Ames Churches And Businesses Plagued ...

Ames Churches And Businesses Plagued By Burglaries

There are 12 comments on the WHOtv story from Jan 6, 2010, titled Ames Churches And Businesses Plagued By Burglaries. In it, WHOtv reports that:

Three churches and a popular restaurant are among 10 establishments that Ames police said have been burglarized in a connected rash of break-ins that began in November.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

James Abell

Des Moines, IA

#1 Jan 6, 2010
hey thats my mom!!! i love u mom
video

Mobile, AL

#2 Jan 6, 2010
it would be nice to see the images/video available.
Tom

Cedar Rapids, IA

#3 Jan 6, 2010
I also know of homes being broken in to in Ames. The items taken would have required 2 people to carry them. I don't know if they're related, but in Ames, what are the chances that they aren't? Lock your doors everyone, and stay safe. Report ANY suspicious activity. At worst, it wastes 10 minutes of someone's time if you're wrong. If you're right, we put a stop to this! We are a big town with small town mentality. Let's work together as a community to help eachother.
Michael

Ames, IA

#4 Jan 7, 2010
Where is the reward? Thieves can't trust each other especially when the reward is high. They often brag to friends also. Why doesn't the police department post the video?
Joe

Des Moines, IA

#5 Jan 7, 2010
bet it's our 'Diversity' brought in from Chicago

'Valuing Diversity'
Joe

Des Moines, IA

#6 Jan 7, 2010
"Commander Brennan said investigators have a small amount of low-quality surveilance video from one of the break-in sites. Brennan said they are looking for at least two perpetrator"

no description, even though they have enough picture to be looking for someone - translation 'black;
dr fate

United States

#7 Jan 7, 2010
butch's amaco is located on the single most visable corners in ames!how can the police not see this?oh, they must have been busy picking up people who were walking while under the influence or perhaps hy-vee had fresh donuts at the time.....
Joe

Des Moines, IA

#8 Jan 7, 2010
dr fate wrote:
butch's amaco is located on the single most visable corners in ames!how can the police not see this?oh, they must have been busy picking up people who were walking while under the influence or perhaps hy-vee had fresh donuts at the time.....
but if you're a cop, who's going to hurt you? a college girl walking home from a bar, or a burglar in a gas station?

that's why they go after the intoxication stuff more
Becky

Montezuma, IA

#9 Jan 7, 2010
well it would be a good feeling if you thought times were hard and people are desperate and really need the money to survive, but i suppose it's just to have money to buy more drugs and that's sad
ohenry

Ames, IA

#10 Jan 8, 2010
Some local insight about the burglaries on HeyIowa.com
jack

Ames, IA

#11 Jan 10, 2010
they need to put the video !!!!
Eric

Omaha, NE

#12 Jan 14, 2010
I bet it is the economy's fault. If the economy were better, there would be less burglary!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ames Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chinese praying mantis made the trip to Le Mars (Oct '08) Jul '17 Jrauch 2
Hookup! Mar '17 SlimGravy 1
News Former Iowa State Patrol trooper placed on prob... (Apr '06) Mar '17 Whatsamatter 24
News How Canada Curbed Foreign Workers and Hobbled I... (Feb '17) Feb '17 wheres the beef 1
Haunted Houses in Nevada,IA? (Nov '13) Dec '16 Lindsay sublette 2
anybody know a todd or teresa peterson (Feb '09) Dec '16 jjdecker 3
Vote TRUMP-all-Rep., Dem., Bernie Supporters, S... (Nov '16) Nov '16 ClintonCorruption 1

Ames Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ames Mortgages