BODY FOUND: Police investigating body...

BODY FOUND: Police investigating body found on ISU campus

There are 53 comments on the WHOtv story from Apr 15, 2010, titled BODY FOUND: Police investigating body found on ISU campus. In it, WHOtv reports that:

Several law enforcement agencies are investigating a body found on the old Iowa State University Dairy Farm.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Linda

Beaman, IA

#41 Apr 15, 2010
I am so sorry for the way the search ended. Was hoping John's family&friends would hear GOOD news. My prayers are with them all at this sad time.
Josh S

Story City, IA

#42 Apr 15, 2010
God bless the Lacina family during this difficult time. Though it's hard to understand why God would take a young man in his prime, know that He did this for a specific plan. I would also like to applaud the efforts of the Ames and Iowa State communities in their vigilant search for Jonathan. At least you will be able to finally have some closure.
taxpayer

Pomeroy, IA

#43 Apr 15, 2010
There probably should be an outside investigation in the hob done by police here. I have been to the ols dairy farm it is not that far off campus, in walking distance. The second fact is that they turned down volunteers who wanted to help was a bad move. Then to say it was searched twice and then back peddle and say the inside wasn't searched was bad. An outside fresh investiation should be done. Trust has been lost with the ISU Poice and someone needs to answer the hard questions. So sad for Jon's family. What a tragic loss.
Jon T

Ames, IA

#44 Apr 15, 2010
wow about time ames pd... why would you be able to find anything more than owi's and public intoxes in a college town
CmK

Marshalltown, IA

#45 Apr 15, 2010
I am also very confused about why they didn't do a search in an abandoned building. If they did do the search as they were suppose to do it then he could have been found, and if it was searched to a great extent then maybe there is something else that did happen. Maybe he was put there who knows. I graduated with his brother and just don't see them being people that would do something of this extent. So I am hoping that they find out soon what happened to him and exactly how long he was there or if he was placed there later.
I am very sorry for the Lacina family they are wonderful people and I am happy that he was finally found though. Rest in Peace Jon
Jon T

Cedar Rapids, IA

#46 Apr 15, 2010
cyclone fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The barn is not part of the campus
if you live in ames you know that all of ames is basically campus... go ahead and give ames pd another excuse why they couldn't find a body in a haystack... Jon and his parents are the victims here, and my prayers are with his family.
concerned

United States

#47 Apr 15, 2010
to all those that live in that area...it is a possibility of foul play, please be cautious and stay safe...RIP Jon
Jason

Millsboro, DE

#48 Apr 16, 2010
My heart goes out to his family, friends, & the entire ISU community.
ank

Columbus, GA

#49 Apr 16, 2010
People, this is what the National Guard is for. Why werent they called in to help? Maybe because they are not on U.S. Soil?
Frustrated

Clarion, IA

#50 Apr 16, 2010
Yet another suspicious death...I'm sorry, but this is more than a coincidence.

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com ...
ankcit

Columbus, GA

#51 Apr 18, 2010
Why did WHOTV remove all the "judge it" visuals from these last three pages of comments???
Dont offer freedom of speech, WHOTV, if you're only going to omit it.
ISU Student

Ames, IA

#52 Apr 18, 2010
I would have to say that the body was moved to this location at some point. I'm sure the building was checked before. Police park in the lot about 100 feet from this building every day to watch for speeders down Mortenson. Why someone would place the body there... I don't know. Maybe they wanted to get caught.
Poor kid. I feel bad for his family. What a horrible thing to have to go through.
Hopefully, Jon found God. May God comfort and watch over his family.
Jon T

Ames, IA

#53 Apr 19, 2010
ank wrote:
People, this is what the National Guard is for. Why werent they called in to help? Maybe because they are not on U.S. Soil?
Haha... are you serious? Do you really think that the National Guard is meant to find and investigate missing bodies? Take a political science class. POLICE are meant for civil investigations, nice plug to bring troops home

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ames Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chinese praying mantis made the trip to Le Mars (Oct '08) Jul '17 Jrauch 2
Hookup! Mar '17 SlimGravy 1
News Former Iowa State Patrol trooper placed on prob... (Apr '06) Mar '17 Whatsamatter 24
News How Canada Curbed Foreign Workers and Hobbled I... (Feb '17) Feb '17 wheres the beef 1
Haunted Houses in Nevada,IA? (Nov '13) Dec '16 Lindsay sublette 2
anybody know a todd or teresa peterson (Feb '09) Dec '16 jjdecker 3
Vote TRUMP-all-Rep., Dem., Bernie Supporters, S... (Nov '16) Nov '16 ClintonCorruption 1

Ames Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ames Mortgages