Report blames workout for injuries to...

Report blames workout for injuries to Iowa football players

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 23, 2011, titled Report blames workout for injuries to Iowa football players. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A report on 13 University of Iowa football players hospitalized after a strenuous workout in January clears the players, trainers and coaches of any wrongdoing, but recommends that the workout that led to the injuries be abandoned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Nostradumass

Webster, NY

#1 Mar 23, 2011
No Pain, No Gain
juan

Atlanta, GA

#2 Mar 23, 2011
Earth to the PP, the University of Iowa is in Iowa City, not Ames. These were Iowa players, not Iowa State.
Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 23, 2011
Sounds like the Iowa State Cyclones need to clean up their act. These cheater workouts are probably what enabled them to beat the Goophers in the Insight Bowl a year and a half ago.
sugaree

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 23, 2011
For sure, barbell squats are one of the most strenuous exercises - and one of the most effective for building overall body strength. but you do need to be careful. you need to be in condition to do the exercise first of all, and i wouldn't do any contests or anything like that. just be careful and allow time to recover from each set. Also, i would not do squats more than twice a week.
Bob B

Mattapan, MA

#6 Mar 24, 2011
Fire the coach for poor supervision!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ames Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danfoss Jul '16 Truth seeker 1
News Bernie Sanders Has a Turnout Problem (Feb '16) Jul '16 GINGERICH 2
News Ted Cruz under fire for controversial Iowa mailer (Jan '16) Feb '16 goonsquad 15
News Lucky? Hillary Clinton Wins All 6 Coin Tosses I... (Feb '16) Feb '16 kuda 10
News Trump's 'big announcement' sparks Palin buzz (Jan '16) Feb '16 Single Payer 102
Iowa's Working Class Voters (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ninety-Percenter 1
News After Trump comes Lady Gaga, Ted Cruz tells Iowans (Jan '16) Feb '16 Welcome To Reality 2

Ames Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ames Mortgages