Bachmann, from Waterloo to White Hous...

Bachmann, from Waterloo to White House contender

There are 40 comments on the WSTC-AM Norwalk story from Dec 4, 2011, titled Bachmann, from Waterloo to White House contender. In it, WSTC-AM Norwalk reports that:

In this Aug. 13, 2011 file photo, Republican presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., steps from her campaign bus to greet supporters after winning the Iowa Republican Party's Straw Poll in Ames, Iowa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSTC-AM Norwalk.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#3 Dec 4, 2011
Who?

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#4 Dec 4, 2011
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
Who?
You know who… it’s like “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”, only in this case it’s “The Woman With The Crazy Eyes”; Rated PG: Pathetically Gullible.
Barrock Orwel

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Dec 4, 2011
;)
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#7 Dec 4, 2011
"Well what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too" -Rep. Michele Bachmann, getting her John Waynes mixed up during an interview after launching her presidential campaign in Waterloo, Iowa, where she grew up. The beloved movie star John Wayne was born in Winterset, Iowa, three hours away. The John Wayne that Waterloo was home to is John Wayne Gacy, a notorious serial killer.(June 2011)
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#8 Dec 4, 2011
But we also know that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States.... I think it is high time that we recognize the contribution of our forbearers who worked tirelessly -- men like John Quincy Adams, who would not rest until slavery was extinguished in the country." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, botching American history while speaking at an Iowan's for Tax Relief event in January 2011. The Founding Fathers did not work to end slavery, and John Quincy Adams was not one of the Founding Fathers.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#9 Dec 4, 2011
"Before we get started, let's all say 'Happy Birthday' to Elvis Presley today." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, while campaigning for president in South Carolina on what was actually the anniversary of Elvis's death, Aug. 16, 2011 (Elvis was born on January 8)
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#10 Dec 4, 2011
No wonder teabaggers love her, she is so much smarter than they are.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#11 Dec 4, 2011
Wall Street Government wrote:
No wonder teabaggers love her, she is so much smarter than they are.
You sir, are an artist with the keyboard!
Ayreshire

Alamogordo, NM

#12 Dec 4, 2011
Wall Street Government wrote:
"Before we get started, let's all say 'Happy Birthday' to Elvis Presley today." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, while campaigning for president in South Carolina on what was actually the anniversary of Elvis's death, Aug. 16, 2011 (Elvis was born on January 8)
It's nice to know that Wall Street Occupier and hundreds of other aliases is just one stupid idiot and we're in fact not dealing with a whole bunch of nut cases!! I didn't think we had that many morons in Topix thank God!! Why don't you see if the nurses will put all of you aliases in the same room at that mental institution? Have them increase the dosage on those meds and all your aliases write just one post. The gumflappin' won't look so bad and it will save time for the educated in this forum to rummage through all the idiotic nonsense and get to a rational conclusion in hurry. Then they can go on to more educated posts without having to answer so many lies and propaganda at one sitting. By the way, This is Wall Street Occupier's get-a-way from family and so-called friends that would rather jab themselves in the eye with an ice pick than to have to endure a gum flappin' charade of nonsense coming from his big pie hole!! This is all the attention the clowns get. Can you blame him??
Ayreshire

Alamogordo, NM

#13 Dec 4, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You know who… it’s like “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”, only in this case it’s “The Woman With The Crazy Eyes”; Rated PG: Pathetically Gullible.
Why don't you get with your friends Baa Baa Carryaboo, Wall Street Occupier and write just one post. See if the nurses will put you all in the same room at that mental institution you're assigned to? Have them increase the dosage on those meds and you clowns write just one post. The gumflappin' won't look so bad and it will save time for the educated in this forum to rummage through all the idiotic ignorant nonsense, lies and propaganda and get to a rational conclusion in hurry. Then we can go on to more educated posts without having to answer so much BS at one sitting.
America is not the Same

Miami Beach, FL

#14 Dec 4, 2011
Those who will drop out.

Bachmann
Paul
Cain
Huntsman
Perry

The two standing
Romney
Gingrich

Gingrich will win the GOP

Why because he CAN debate and the only one who knows Washington and has facts and figures to back his statements.
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#15 Dec 4, 2011
America is not the Same wrote:
Those who will drop out.
Bachmann
Paul
Cain
Huntsman
Perry
The two standing
Romney
Gingrich
Gingrich will win the GOP
Why because he CAN debate and the only one who knows Washington and has facts and figures to back his statements.
I disagree. The GOPTEA nominee will be an old phony conservative christian white male. Oh...oops!

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

#16 Dec 4, 2011
Woof, slowly the GOP is choosing the next President of the United States, Barack Obama. Personally, I am very disappointed and distressed at the likelihood of four more years of Obama, but it may turn the Country so against Democrats they will never recover. Victory in 2012 for Conservatives may have to be measured in the House and Senate races. Holding the House and taking the Senate, would be major.

Romney will be a candidate in the tradition of Dole and McCain. Gingrich is too smart by half and suffers from foot in mouth disease. The others aren't going to make a difference.

I am more and more convinced there is one power structure in Washington, and it intentionally creates an illusion of a two Party system to keep "we the people" believing there is a Democracy. When push comes to shove, establishment Republicans and establishment Democrats work together to keep their good thing going.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#17 Dec 4, 2011
America is not the Same wrote:
Those who will drop out.
Bachmann
Paul
Cain
Huntsman
Perry
The two standing
Romney
Gingrich
Gingrich will win the GOP
Why because he CAN debate and the only one who knows Washington and has facts and figures to back his statements.
Newts facts and figures seem to change depending on who is paying him. Romney's facts and figures seem to change with the latest poll.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#18 Dec 4, 2011
The story was written back in August when Bachmann had just become the flavor of the month. If the story was written today it would say from Waterloo to White House contender to, to, to, has anybody seen Michelle lately?
America is not the Same

Miami Beach, FL

#19 Dec 4, 2011
A little insight on how inside the beltway works in DC

the GOP candidate has already been chosen a month ago.

All the preliminaries and debates now is just a formality.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#20 Dec 4, 2011
America is not the Same wrote:
A little insight on how inside the beltway works in DC
the GOP candidate has already been chosen a month ago.
All the preliminaries and debates now is just a formality.
To an extent you are right. The GOP is still basically controlled by the Bush's. What we see in the primary are a couple of people already selected by the Bush's and another bunch who are trying to get their attention. Romney has personally been a friend of the Bush's since he was a little kid. Perry? Bush? Need we explain it to anyone? Newt was once their henchman but is now out of control. He is however up with the party lingo that Rove is providing so as long as he gives them what they want the Bush's will let him play, but the Bush's still believe he is out of control. That make him their third choice. Although the Bush's own the GOP it is something they have to go back and protect every election. Because of that they will keep influencing the primary so one of their candidates will win. Basically they pick their top two or three and then let them fight it out for who will be representing the Bush's this election.

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#21 Dec 4, 2011
Republicans are desperately searching for any candidate that isn’t Romney. That’s why they latched on with such fervor to Bachmann, Perry, Trump, Cain and now Gingrich. And when that candidate doesn’t meet the necessary standards or have feet of clay, each is quickly dropped in hopes that the next choice will prove better.

They are going to be just as quickly disappointed with Gingrich, drop him, and go on to another candidate. Though Newt is by far, the smartest and politically savviest Candidate of the Month.

Since: Sep 08

Huntsville, AL

#22 Dec 4, 2011
America is not the Same wrote:
Those who will drop out.
Bachmann
Paul
Cain
Huntsman
Perry
The two standing
Romney
Gingrich
Gingrich will win the GOP
Why because he CAN debate and the only one who knows Washington and has facts and figures to back his statements.
And if he doesn't know, he is terrifically adroit in making crap up.
And he has enough sound bites to support any position he will take....and he talks like stupid people think smart people talk.

I agree with Maureen Dowd: Newt Gingrich's mind is in love with itself. It has persuaded itself that it is brilliant when it is merely promiscuous.
This is not a serious mind. Gingrich is not, to put it mildly, a systematic thinker.
His mind is a jumble, an amateurish mess lacking impulse control. He plays air guitar with ideas, producing air ideas. He ejaculates concepts, notions and theories that are as inconsistent as his behavior.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#23 Dec 4, 2011
Bachmann, queen of the do-dah parade.
Except they wouldn't want anything to do with her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ames Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chinese praying mantis made the trip to Le Mars (Oct '08) Jul 16 Jrauch 2
Hookup! Mar '17 SlimGravy 1
News Former Iowa State Patrol trooper placed on prob... (Apr '06) Mar '17 Whatsamatter 24
News How Canada Curbed Foreign Workers and Hobbled I... Feb '17 wheres the beef 1
Haunted Houses in Nevada,IA? (Nov '13) Dec '16 Lindsay sublette 2
anybody know a todd or teresa peterson (Feb '09) Dec '16 jjdecker 3
Vote TRUMP-all-Rep., Dem., Bernie Supporters, S... (Nov '16) Nov '16 ClintonCorruption 1

Ames Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ames Mortgages