Armed Men Rob Ames Wendy's

Armed Men Rob Ames Wendy's

There are 20 comments on the WHOtv story from Sep 27, 2010, titled Armed Men Rob Ames Wendy's. In it, WHOtv reports that:

Ames Police are searching for four men who robbed a Wendy's restaurant just after midnight Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

bumblebee

Des Moines, IA

#1 Sep 27, 2010
was there one particular detail missing from the description of the robbers?
John

Des Moines, IA

#2 Sep 27, 2010
In related news - Iowa has had a radical increase in violent crime in the last 5 years - and we all know why

Political Correctness -'to die for'

Iowa City police are investigating reports that a man was robbed at gunpoint and assaulted Saturday night.

Police were called to Mercy Hospital in Iowa City at 11:20 p.m., where a 48-year-old man was being treated for minor injuries. The man said he had been the victim of an armed robbery between 10 and 11 p.m. He said he was walking east in the 2800 block of Highway 6 East when he was approached by three black men who demanded money. He was then assaulted and held at gunpoint.

The three men were described as wearing dark masks, dark hooded sweatshirts and all dark clothing. One of the men displayed a black handgun and threatened to kill the victim. The suspects all ran east after the incident, according to reports.
Dave

Grinnell, IA

#3 Sep 27, 2010
I thought the ISU players had a curfew where they couldnt be out after midnight??????????
John

Des Moines, IA

#4 Sep 27, 2010
"The men were armed with a dark colored automatic pistol and a silver revolver"
does anyone really believe that the witnesses were able to remember the description and color of the handguns, but have no clue to the ethnicity of the robbers they were getting the demands from?

what are the police on the lookout for - the guns or the people that did it?

political correctness brings criminals into the state, and political correctness inhibits communication to the public the descriptions of criminals

political correctness is so good,'it's to die for'
bocefus

San Francisco, CA

#5 Sep 27, 2010
Eye witness accounts say that one of the robbers was wearing a striped prison outfit, a flat topped black hat, an eyemask, and red suspenders and gloves. The second robber described was an amorphous purple blob. The last two robbers were a clown and a man wearing a sash labelled, "mayor" with a giant cheeseburger for a head.
wow

Douds, IA

#6 Sep 27, 2010
bumblebee wrote:
was there one particular detail missing from the description of the robbers?
WOW!...YOU AGAIN???!!!! CAN I READ ONE NEWS ARTICLE WITHOUT YOU MAKING SMART A** COMMENTS??? YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM COMMENTING ON ANYTHING!- YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH HATING ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE DIFFERENT FROM YOURSELF AND IT'S DISCUSTING! I'VE SEEN SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE ON HERE COMMENT ON HOW NASTY AND INAPPROPRIATE YOU ARE AS WELL...TRY GIVING YOURSELF SOMETHING ELSE TO DO-HOW ABOUT GETTING A JOB MAYBE?
MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

Marshalltown, IA

#7 Sep 27, 2010
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!...YOU AGAIN???!!!! CAN I READ ONE NEWS ARTICLE WITHOUT YOU MAKING SMART **** COMMENTS??? YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM COMMENTING ON ANYTHING!- YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH HATING ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE DIFFERENT FROM YOURSELF AND IT'S DISCUSTING! I'VE SEEN SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE ON HERE COMMENT ON HOW NASTY AND INAPPROPRIATE YOU ARE AS WELL...TRY GIVING YOURSELF SOMETHING ELSE TO DO-HOW ABOUT GETTING A JOB MAYBE?
You can report it as inappropriate if you think that is what you are reading. Then the site managers will determine if it is or isn't. Talking about getting a job, what are you doing on here? Maybe they have a job just like you and are on during their breaks or lunch! Ever think of that! Just because they are on here during the day doesn't mean they don't have a job.

Since: Aug 10

Hiawatha, IA

#8 Sep 27, 2010
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!...YOU AGAIN???!!!! CAN I READ ONE NEWS ARTICLE WITHOUT YOU MAKING SMART **** COMMENTS??? YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM COMMENTING ON ANYTHING!- YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH HATING ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE DIFFERENT FROM YOURSELF AND IT'S DISCUSTING! I'VE SEEN SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE ON HERE COMMENT ON HOW NASTY AND INAPPROPRIATE YOU ARE AS WELL...TRY GIVING YOURSELF SOMETHING ELSE TO DO-HOW ABOUT GETTING A JOB MAYBE?
Maybe people are just sick of reading stories that sugarcoat the race of the perpetrators. It might be bad PR for already crime weary public. Well some of us are sick of the PC BS!
John

Des Moines, IA

#9 Sep 27, 2010
NWSideLady wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe people are just sick of reading stories that sugarcoat the race of the perpetrators. It might be bad PR for already crime weary public. Well some of us are sick of the PC BS!
supression of the race of the perfs is a de-facto admission by the writers, that non whites commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime, and that the image of the per's race takes a higher priority than the safety of the public, who might find the perps sooner IF THEY KNEW WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE!!!!
bocefus

San Francisco, CA

#10 Sep 27, 2010
I thought my comment made it clear that the race of the robbers was as follows: white male with a history of hamburger theft, clown of unknown race, cheeseburger, and purple blob.
John

Des Moines, IA

#12 Sep 27, 2010
RoccoL wrote:
Out of control blacks in Ames.
It's just like Iowa City now.( Check the Ia City Press Citizen)
Common denominator you ask: Section 8 low lifes form Chicago, Milwaukee, etc...
Thank your lib-tard city leaders for the "diversity" they so cherish.
Given the actions taken by these city's leaders behind the backs of their citizens, there was a 100 percent chance that violent crime would sharply increase

Not 99 percent, 100 percent

Hiawatha, IA

#13 Sep 27, 2010
RoccoL wrote:
Out of control blacks in Ames.
It's just like Iowa City now.( Check the Ia City Press Citizen)
Common denominator you ask: Section 8 low lifes form Chicago, Milwaukee, etc...
Thank your lib-tard city leaders for the "diversity" they so cherish.
Does anyone remember the editorial that the Register recently printed by R. Basu? It was a tear jerking story of women coming from Detroit and Chicago to make a better life and how they were being grouped in with the thugs. I believe that she called us something along the lines of hicks and racists for not welcoming these transplants with open arms. sniff, sniff. It's enough to make me get misty. If it weren't for the hard reality of what is happening here, that is. Come on? What the heck is going on?
so what

Des Moines, IA

#14 Sep 27, 2010
The Ames City Council was very proud of providing Ames citzens with greater economic diversity. They even told us all about it. AFTER IT WAS DONE. Come on, they are were just tyrying to make Ames a better place to live though higher crime and domestic abuse rates. Every one of these small town despots need to go. Remember this at the next election.

Hiawatha, IA

#15 Sep 27, 2010
NWSideLady wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone remember the editorial that the Register recently printed by R. Basu? It was a tear jerking story of women coming from Detroit and Chicago to make a better life and how they were being grouped in with the thugs. I believe that she called us something along the lines of hicks and racists for not welcoming these transplants with open arms. sniff, sniff. It's enough to make me get misty. If it weren't for the hard reality of what is happening here, that is. Come on? What the heck is going on?
It could've been Hansen too. Some Register bleeding heart that's for sure.
Former Ames Resident

Clearwater, FL

#18 Sep 29, 2010
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the subtle racism that I am reading here. I just want to remind all those who want to blame Black folks from nearby cities that Ames has never been a crime-free community. During the years I lived there, I can remember several criminal offenses that go beyond the alcohol related crimes that students are often accused of. As a matter of fact I remember a few of murders; including one involving a parapelegic, a transient trailer home resident, a young man partying during VEISHA, and even a woman who was decapitated. I remember the robberies involving HyVee, a couple of gas stations, and yes even Burger King. I can remember several drug busts, assaults, and even rapes! All of these crimes were sadly committed but remember they all involving people of different ethnicities. Stop the crime, but also stop the hate and fear.
Mr Diversity

Des Moines, IA

#19 Sep 29, 2010
Former Ames Resident wrote:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the subtle racism that I am reading here. I just want to remind all those who want to blame Black folks from nearby cities that Ames has never been a crime-free community. During the years I lived there, I can remember several criminal offenses that go beyond the alcohol related crimes that students are often accused of. As a matter of fact I remember a few of murders; including one involving a parapelegic, a transient trailer home resident, a young man partying during VEISHA, and even a woman who was decapitated. I remember the robberies involving HyVee, a couple of gas stations, and yes even Burger King. I can remember several drug busts, assaults, and even rapes! All of these crimes were sadly committed but remember they all involving people of different ethnicities. Stop the crime, but also stop the hate and fear.
Nice try

As long as we're reviewing the record, let me fill in some detail:

"murders; including one involving a parapelegic" --> black woman perp

"and even a woman who was decapitated" --> deasis brothers, hispanic perps

"and yes even Burger King" --> black basketball player perp
Former Ames Resident

Clearwater, FL

#20 Sep 29, 2010
Mr Diversity wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try
As long as we're reviewing the record, let me fill in some detail:
"murders; including one involving a parapelegic" --> black woman perp
"and even a woman who was decapitated" --> deasis brothers, hispanic perps
"and yes even Burger King" --> black basketball player perp
Mr Diversity -- you concentrate so hard on finding fault with people of color that you totally miss my claim: Central Iowa, more specifically Ames, has NEVER been without crime or even violent crime. Is there a problem? Sure it is, but let's not lower ourselves to stereotypes and racism.

As far as your details, you really should get it right. Louisell was biracial, the Deasis (sp?) brothers were central Iowans and more "white" than Hoiberg himself, and Sam Mack was acquitted.

Now, 2005 VEISHA stabbing....White victim/White perp
trailer park stabbing ...White victim/ White perp
Ames drug bust (you pick a date)...Victims of all colors/ Perps of all colors

Do you get my point this time? Prosecute those who commit the crimes, don't persecute those who may share similar skin tone.
Mr Diversity

Des Moines, IA

#21 Sep 30, 2010
Former Ames Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Diversity -- you concentrate so hard on finding fault with people of color that you totally miss my claim: Central Iowa, more specifically Ames, has NEVER been without crime or even violent crime. Is there a problem? Sure it is, but let's not lower ourselves to stereotypes and racism.
As far as your details, you really should get it right. Louisell was biracial, the Deasis (sp?) brothers were central Iowans and more "white" than Hoiberg himself, and Sam Mack was acquitted.
Now, 2005 VEISHA stabbing....White victim/White perp
trailer park stabbing ...White victim/ White perp
Ames drug bust (you pick a date)...Victims of all colors/ Perps of all colors
Do you get my point this time? Prosecute those who commit the crimes, don't persecute those who may share similar skin tone.
if you're a former Ames resident who now lives out of state, then how the hell can you judge the changes in the last 5 years?

since the importation of sections 8's from chicago, Ames violent crime has skyrockets, so much so that the city had to have a special meeting for the town a few years ago

you're a brainwashed moron, just like the people who tell us "Beat Whitey Night" at the state fair wasnt racial
Former Ames Resident

Clearwater, FL

#22 Sep 30, 2010
Well you see that is where you are wrong again. I just left a year ago and as a matter of fact I was there at the townhall. Where were you? As far as being a moron, only those who realize their argument makes no sense resort to name-calling. Real mature.

Brainwashed? I think that you've proved that you may be more "brainwashed" than I am. Racism is one of the more primitive ideological expressions of groups of people who believe the same crap based on fallacious premises.

But if you want, we can address each other in a manner that you may possibly understand, but only for the last time: You sir are simple minded racist who probably has some fear of Blacks based on television, music, or some brief encounter when the girl you wanted to date actually ignored you and went out with the Black guy you were always jealous of.

'Nuff said
theodore

AOL

#23 Oct 1, 2010
i'm not a racist, but if you can't see who did this, then your blind. can anyone tell me how much the crime rate has gone up since the people from chicago have arrived in ames.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ames Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haunted Houses in Nevada,IA? (Nov '13) Jan '18 Teresa 3
Save the youth Nov '17 three blocks 1
News Chinese praying mantis made the trip to Le Mars (Oct '08) Jul '17 Jrauch 2
Hookup! (Mar '17) Mar '17 SlimGravy 1
News Former Iowa State Patrol trooper placed on prob... (Apr '06) Mar '17 Whatsamatter 24
News How Canada Curbed Foreign Workers and Hobbled I... (Feb '17) Feb '17 wheres the beef 1
anybody know a todd or teresa peterson (Feb '09) Dec '16 jjdecker 3

Ames Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ames Mortgages