Motorcyclist Injured In Accident With...

Motorcyclist Injured In Accident With Deer

There are 13 comments on the WHOtv story from Oct 11, 2010, titled Motorcyclist Injured In Accident With Deer. In it, WHOtv reports that:

Story County sheriff's deputies are investigating an early morning accident that sent a motorcyclist to the hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Joe

Des Moines, IA

#1 Oct 11, 2010
prayers for this man

deer are my darkest fear when riding

the most uncontrolable factor while riding

remember, the harvest is completely shaking up their habitat
RANDO

Ankeny, IA

#2 Oct 11, 2010
prayers for a speedy recovery.....can someone tell me why the DNR wont do anything to control the deer population ? those mountain lions they released arent quite thinning the deer herds out fast enough.....
Des Moines Driver

Milton, FL

#3 Oct 11, 2010
Last week we heard from an injured motorcyclist that said it was the drivers responsability to watch out for motor cycle and not their responsability.
I wonder what he will say now?
Probably that it was the deers fault because the deer wasn't wathcing out for the motorcycle.
When I was taught how to ride a motorcycle at age 15, I was told to watch out for drivers because it was my responsability as a motorcycle rider.
MY, how times change, or MY, how people have become dumber?
Nevada Guy

Spirit Lake, IA

#4 Oct 11, 2010
Did he have his mlid on?
bocefus

United States

#5 Oct 11, 2010
This guy was my elementary school gym teacher. I hope they let you wear your zubas in prison, Mr. Moore.
mee

Des Moines, IA

#6 Oct 11, 2010
happened to me back in 05.......NO FUN!! they should extend the hunting seasons and lower the price of tags!!!
Amber

Columbus, OH

#7 Oct 11, 2010
My prayers to this guy and his family. I hope he is ok.

This is why I am not riding my bike to work. I have to be in at 7am, and it's just too dark. I come from rual Dallas county and it's just too risky. Last week I about nailed a deer on 235 after the 56th street on ramp. Unfortunate for the other car who took the blow instead of me. I almost rode in on my bike and I'm glad I changed my mind! The stupid thing got knocked into my car, but didn't do any damage.
Leet

Cedar Rapids, IA

#8 Oct 11, 2010
This is the same place I hit a deer on my motorcycle and was hospitalized One year ago. My thoughts and prayers are with the motorcyclist and the family. I hope for a fast recovery.
bowhunter

Prior Lake, MN

#9 Oct 11, 2010
its not the DNR they are doing what they can, the problem in some areas are the people who own the ground.. alot of people dont allow hunting so the deer population on that ground just keeps growing and I no of a few places like this and unfortunatly these places are next to major highways where there are alot of deer hit...and theres nothing the DNR can do about it
RANDO

Ankeny, IA

#10 Oct 12, 2010
how about the DNR letting all you hunters slaughter as many as you want for free,keep what you want and give the rest to he homeless.
Jeremy

AOL

#11 Oct 12, 2010
SO they have never said how he is doing does anyone know?
Family

United States

#12 Oct 13, 2010
Jeremy wrote:
SO they have never said how he is doing does anyone know?
Several Broken bones and Roadrash but ok so far.
Jeremy

AOL

#13 Oct 16, 2010
Good to hear hes ok i live in cambridge and just missed it by a few minutes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ames Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hookup! Mar '17 SlimGravy 1
News Former Iowa State Patrol trooper placed on prob... (Apr '06) Mar '17 Whatsamatter 24
News How Canada Curbed Foreign Workers and Hobbled I... Feb '17 wheres the beef 1
Haunted Houses in Nevada,IA? (Nov '13) Dec '16 Lindsay sublette 2
anybody know a todd or teresa peterson (Feb '09) Dec '16 jjdecker 3
Vote TRUMP-all-Rep., Dem., Bernie Supporters, S... (Nov '16) Nov '16 ClintonCorruption 1
News Lucky? Hillary Clinton Wins All 6 Coin Tosses I... (Feb '16) Nov '16 ClintonCorruption 11

Ames Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ames Mortgages