Winter Winds To Soon Power Ames, ISU

Winter Winds To Soon Power Ames, ISU

There are 2 comments on the WHO-TV story from Dec 23, 2009, titled Winter Winds To Soon Power Ames, ISU. In it, WHO-TV reports that:

Ames and Iowa State University will begin using wind power starting next month. The city and university will be using wind-generated electricity from a new wind farm north of Zearing during January.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHO-TV.

marge

Manchester, IA

#1 Dec 25, 2009
I hear the one's in Iowa cost a million flat to install and service plus the tax dollars that went into the project. If it don't lower the cost of energy the endeaver failed imho.
ohenry

Ames, IA

#4 Jan 5, 2010
Lots of local talk about the Zearing wind turbines on HeyIowa.com (part of the glurb network of Iowa communities).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ames Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Canada Curbed Foreign Workers and Hobbled I... Feb 21 wheres the beef 1
Haunted Houses in Nevada,IA? (Nov '13) Dec '16 Lindsay sublette 2
anybody know a todd or teresa peterson (Feb '09) Dec '16 jjdecker 3
Vote TRUMP-all-Rep., Dem., Bernie Supporters, S... Nov '16 ClintonCorruption 1
News Lucky? Hillary Clinton Wins All 6 Coin Tosses I... (Feb '16) Nov '16 ClintonCorruption 11
News Trump's 'big announcement' sparks Palin buzz (Jan '16) Sep '16 Go Blue Forever 103
Danfoss (Jul '16) Jul '16 Truth seeker 1

Ames Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ames Mortgages