TRAFFIC STOP SHOOTING: Ames police shoot the driver of a car during...

Full story: WHOtv 19
Ames police shot the driver of a car they say was heading straight for them. Two officers tried to stop an erratic driver around one AM, but the suspect didn't stop for very long. Full Story
the other bob

Ankeny, IA

#1 Sep 8, 2010
Got what he deserved.
Jimmy

Urbandale, IA

#2 Sep 8, 2010
Does anyone know if the car is ok?
Scootiep

Ames, IA

#3 Sep 8, 2010
Pretty pathetic for you to make sue a statement without knowing more regarding the story "the other Bob". The guy didn't "deserve" anything. he was Bi-Polar. The people who "deserve" something happening to them are the ones who allowed him to keep his license in the first place. I'm not saying the police were wrong in their actions either. I believe they took the necessary course of action. But to say that this man "got what he deserved" shows how truly ignorant, judgmental and self righteous you really are. The guy shouldn't have been allowed to drive and his condition should have been more closely monitored. But he didn't deserve to be shot or possibly die. You really are an idiot.
the other bob

Ankeny, IA

#4 Sep 8, 2010
Scootiep wrote:
Pretty pathetic for you to make sue a statement without knowing more regarding the story "the other Bob". The guy didn't "deserve" anything. he was Bi-Polar. The people who "deserve" something happening to them are the ones who allowed him to keep his license in the first place. I'm not saying the police were wrong in their actions either. I believe they took the necessary course of action. But to say that this man "got what he deserved" shows how truly ignorant, judgmental and self righteous you really are. The guy shouldn't have been allowed to drive and his condition should have been more closely monitored. But he didn't deserve to be shot or possibly die. You really are an idiot.
So he tried to run over cops and you defend him? So now being Bi-Polar is an excuse to try and kill cops? I know more than you do about this situation, have you talked to any one involved? Do you know this guys record? Who is the idiot? I think it is obviously you. Personal responsibility for ones actions is dying in this country thanks to idiots like you, please dont breed.
Scootiep

Manchester, IA

#5 Sep 8, 2010
@ the other bob, Really? I don't know anything about the situation huh? So having 3 friends on the inside of the police force isn't a good source of info? That's a new one to me. My guess is I have more info in my left nut about this incident than all the hearsay in your entire body. And furthermore, take a look at ALL of what I wrote jacka$$. I said specifically that the police officers TOOK THE RIGHT COURSE OF ACTION. God, really? How dense are you? I said that he simply shouldn't have been allowed to drive in the first place and that the real fault of the situation rested with those that didn't revoke his license and put him under closer surveillance. Arguing with someone who's as much of an imbecile as you is pointless. You've failed to prove any of your points miserable and I've been able to refute ever single thing you've said. As far as I'm concerned, this discussion is over.
the other bob

Ankeny, IA

#6 Sep 9, 2010
Scootiep wrote:
@ the other bob, Really? I don't know anything about the situation huh? So having 3 friends on the inside of the police force isn't a good source of info? That's a new one to me. My guess is I have more info in my left nut about this incident than all the hearsay in your entire body. And furthermore, take a look at ALL of what I wrote jacka$$. I said specifically that the police officers TOOK THE RIGHT COURSE OF ACTION. God, really? How dense are you? I said that he simply shouldn't have been allowed to drive in the first place and that the real fault of the situation rested with those that didn't revoke his license and put him under closer surveillance. Arguing with someone who's as much of an imbecile as you is pointless. You've failed to prove any of your points miserable and I've been able to refute ever single thing you've said. As far as I'm concerned, this discussion is over.
Once again blaming other for this idiots actions i see. Do you even know what personal responsibility means? I am closer to this than you can possibly imagine so stfu. Also, just because your gay and like to talk about your nuts does not mean you have refuted anything i have said. Get out of your moms basement and join the real world that includes personal responsibility for ones actions.
/tard
steve wilkins

Le Mars, IA

#7 Sep 9, 2010
this appears to be a clean shooting. hopefully the suspect will now receive the medical help he needs. probably he should not have been issued a drivers license.
Tammy Sorgatz

New Ulm, MN

#8 Sep 9, 2010
the other bob wrote:
Got what he deserved.
I am personally involved in this situation and can guarantee my friend I probably know a little more then the both of you arguing. In his defense, if you were to meet the real him you would know that this is as far from his character as possible, and as far as his background,who the hell are oyu to think you even know him because you obviously dont, I have spent the last 18 years with him a part of my life and he really is a wonderful human being and woldnt hurt anyone , so just remmeber with everyone there is family and so on out there. Imagine him being your brother, father, and having to deal with this type of issue.
I am by no means saying he is in the right just want people to know the whole situation and PLEASE dont judge him.
the other bob

Ankeny, IA

#9 Sep 10, 2010
Tammy Sorgatz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am personally involved in this situation and can guarantee my friend I probably know a little more then the both of you arguing. In his defense, if you were to meet the real him you would know that this is as far from his character as possible, and as far as his background,who the hell are oyu to think you even know him because you obviously dont, I have spent the last 18 years with him a part of my life and he really is a wonderful human being and woldnt hurt anyone , so just remmeber with everyone there is family and so on out there. Imagine him being your brother, father, and having to deal with this type of issue.
I am by no means saying he is in the right just want people to know the whole situation and PLEASE dont judge him.
But if he wouldnt hurt anyone why did he try to run over the cops?
Scootiep

Ames, IA

#10 Sep 10, 2010
@ the other bob, God, you really are dense aren't you? Let me guess, no one you have ever known has ever suffered from any kind of medical condition that could ever affect anyone other than themselves. Here's a suggestion, crawl out of the 6'x6' cardboard box labeled "bomb shelter" you built in your back yard and lived your entire life in and experience the real world for a change. Tammy makes a good point. Under normal circumstances, he probably wouldn't hurt anyone. However, what I would say to Tammy is that, knowing what kind of a condition that he had and it being well documented what bi-polar disorder can cause people to do, greater restrictions should be placed on people's freedoms with such a condition. I don't like comparing people to animals so please don't take my next comment this way. However, once we know that a dog has a condition that causes it to attack people, whether or not it can be determined that it WANTS to attack or not, it is either isolated or destroyed. I am in no way saying that Julian should be destroyed or completely isolated. All I am saying is that measures should have been taken to ensure that, when he suffers a bi-polar episode, he would be unable to hurt anyone. Allowing him to continue to operate a motor vehicle with the knowledge of his condition is blatant proof that such precautions were not taken.
Tammy Sorgatz

New Ulm, MN

#11 Sep 10, 2010
the other bob wrote:
<quoted text>
But if he wouldnt hurt anyone why did he try to run over the cops?
He was not trying to run them over, dont you get it, he is in a very manic state right now and velieve once the chase persued that he figured that was his way out, dont you get it ? I am believing the police did exactly what he wantd, i think in his mind that evening that he wanted them to end it for him okay.
All I ams aying is just please think before you type please because yes again he is in fault, but there are people that have attachments to him and his daughter really doesnt need ignorant peoples comments.
There are many diseases in this world~~~ cancer,diabetes,and so on well MENTAL ILLNESS also is a disease, and it a very unfortunate one.
the other bob

Ankeny, IA

#12 Sep 10, 2010
And all im saying is he must pay the consequenses for what he has done. Being out of sorts is not a defense, cops didnt know he was bi polar. So while i agree with you that his family should have had him committed to the phyche ward and he should not have been driving he still did something wrong and deserved what he got. Who was his gardian? If he had none the fault is his. Maybe his family should have stepped up and done something, either way he is responsible for his own actions.
Scootiep

Ames, IA

#13 Sep 10, 2010
@ the other bob, that's a much better way of stating your point. I think where we disagree is whether or not he "deserved" what happened. I personally think he "got" what was needed to end a dangerous situation that potentially threatened innocent lives. If he had been a drug user then I would feel much more at ease saying he "got what he deserved" because using drugs is a conscious decision on the part of the user (maybe not after you're addicted, but that first hit is all you and everything thereafter depends on you making the conscious decision to take that first hit). I don't think he "deserved" this, I simply think that the situation left no other course of action. Because of his condition, while he may normally WANT to take control of his own actions and take responsibility for them, his condition makes that impossible at times. That's where those around him failed him. I think the officers acted appropriately. And not only that, but I think they should be heralded as heroes for somehow NOT killing him AND ending the situation.
bocefus

San Francisco, CA

#14 Sep 10, 2010
K2 addiction is a disease.
Tammy Sorgatz

New Ulm, MN

#15 Sep 10, 2010
bocefus wrote:
K2 addiction is a disease.
he was not on K2 so get off it, obviously you have no clue so keep your comments to yourself
Scootiep

Ames, IA

#16 Sep 10, 2010
Tammy, Bocefus is just a troll looking for attention and everyone that views any of his comments knows this. Best just to ignore him.
bocefus

San Francisco, CA

#17 Sep 10, 2010
I didn't say he was on K2. I was just saying that K2 addiction could cause someone to freak out and go all Charles Bronson on some cops like your friend did as we saw earlier this year when K2 forced a troubled young man to shoot himself in the head with a gun that his parents left him with unattended.
Scootiep

Manchester, IA

#18 Sep 10, 2010
Huh, really bocefus? Because I could've sworn you posted this lovely little tidbit back on Wed. Sept. 8th "The man was not black. He was high on K2. Get your facts straight." Yup, pretty sure that's your handle on the previous story. You're a cynical, judgmental, self righteous, hypocritical ass hole who's probably hoped up on his own stash of K2 and simply trying to hurt others for fun. Seriously, get lost, everyone knows you're a fake and for the most part, just ignores you because you're a complete loser.
COW PIE or cow dung

Des Moines, IA

#19 Sep 10, 2010
Tired of hearing about this BS.
lets go on another subject !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ames Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kamari cotton moya Sep 25 in love 1
Ames Music Festival Sep 23 AfoolsErrand 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Ames, IA (Jan '12) Sep '14 Lance 11
Former Iowa State Patrol trooper placed on prob... (Apr '06) May '14 Denison 23
Stacie Pearson May '14 Guest 1
ISU President Forms VESHIA Task Force (Apr '14) Apr '14 vincent donohoe 1
U.S. to launch 'climate hubs' to help farmers f... (Feb '14) Feb '14 twostroketerror 25
Ames Dating
Find my Match

Ames Jobs

Ames People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ames News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ames

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]