WATER WOES: Restaurants in Ames are b...

WATER WOES: Restaurants in Ames are being asked to voluntarily clos...

There are 13 comments on the WHOtv story from Aug 12, 2010, titled WATER WOES: Restaurants in Ames are being asked to voluntarily clos.... In it, WHOtv reports that:

Some of the businesses in Ames that haven't been flooded are being asked to change the way operate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Teddy Burger

Ankeny, IA

#1 Aug 12, 2010
There is no way I am going to close my Restaurant.
I will be staying open, as I have bottled water to serve.
THE LIBERALS ARE NOT RUNNING MY LIFE NO LONGER !!!!!
Mindy

United States

#2 Aug 12, 2010
Teddy, it says your location is Des Moines....they are talking about Ames. Do you have a restaurant in Ames?
Tippytoes

Maricopa, AZ

#3 Aug 12, 2010
I live in Arizona, but have a cousin in Ames. She has been keeping me informed on your flooding. So sad and I will keep you all in my prayers. It's sad when you get more rain than you need at one time and we get 7 inches in a years time. Blessings on the great people of Iowa. I was born and raised there till I left in 1957.
Mindy

United States

#4 Aug 12, 2010
Thank you Tippytoes!! We need all the prayers we can get as it seems that more problems keep arising! We were very fortunate that we didn't have to evacuate our house! We had just a bit of water in our basement; otherwise no property damage. We are very fortunate! Two not so good things....possibly no drinkable water until Tuesday and more rain tomorrow!
Teddy Burger

Ankeny, IA

#5 Aug 12, 2010
Mindy wrote:
Teddy, it says your location is Des Moines....they are talking about Ames. Do you have a restaurant in Ames?
YES I DO
I also have one in Des Moines.
ames resident

Des Moines, IA

#6 Aug 12, 2010
I wonder why resturants dont have a 'T' valve/pipe in their incoming water pipe to be able to shut off the city water and attach a hose from an external water source like a tank (with a pressure pump if necessary to normalize water pressure). Larger chains especially could have lease/rent options/agreements from water tank companies and other city water supplies regionally, and it could be maintained by the corporate safety/contingency department with very little purchased equipment.

The emergency set up could be done personally by a corporate employee certified from such operations.

It would guarantee city water outage operations for the entire chain for very little money and investment
Curious

Des Moines, IA

#7 Aug 12, 2010
Teddy Burger wrote:
<quoted text>YES I DO
Teddy, which one is your restaurant?
Puddle Dive

Dayton, IA

#8 Aug 12, 2010
I'd like to know which restaurant Teddy Burger owns so I can be sure to avoid it.
greenisbetter

New Ulm, MN

#9 Aug 12, 2010
ames resident wrote:
I wonder why resturants dont have a 'T' valve/pipe in their incoming water pipe to be able to shut off the city water and attach a hose from an external water source like a tank (with a pressure pump if necessary to normalize water pressure). Larger chains especially could have lease/rent options/agreements from water tank companies and other city water supplies regionally, and it could be maintained by the corporate safety/contingency department with very little purchased equipment.
The emergency set up could be done personally by a corporate employee certified from such operations.
It would guarantee city water outage operations for the entire chain for very little money and investment
So restaurant owners are supposed to truck in water (presumably from Story City of Nevada), put it in tank, and pump it in through a garden hose? HOw does that stay disinfected??
loser

Baxter, IA

#10 Aug 12, 2010
I'll have some human waste soup please.
loser

Baxter, IA

#11 Aug 12, 2010
Teddy Burger wrote:
There is no way I am going to close my Restaurant.
I will be staying open, as I have bottled water to serve.
THE LIBERALS ARE NOT RUNNING MY LIFE NO LONGER !!!!!
You must be a true republican retard. Maybe you can get Sarah Palin to wash the dishs at your scummy dives.
ISU

Indianola, IA

#12 Aug 13, 2010
Teddy Burger wrote:
<quoted text>YES I DO
And with this attitude and poor grammar, I won't be visiting your restaurants.
Sue

United States

#13 Aug 13, 2010
Teddy Burger wrote:
<quoted text>YES I DO
We've been waiting a day now to find out which restaurants you own! I know a lot of people in food distribution, so I can easily find out owner's names of restaurants in Ames and if they also own in Des Moines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ames Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. presidential candidate Clinton unveils ren... Mon SirPrize 8
Glurb (Feb '08) Mon Wowser 23
News Trump Refuses to Back Down on McCain Criticism Jul 21 goonsquad 48
Debate: Marijuana - Ames, IA (Aug '10) Jun '15 swg 26
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a Jun '15 Ames delivery 1
News Straw Poll meeting offers clues on who will par... May '15 Le Jimbo 4
News Hillary Clinton hasna t answered a question fro... May '15 spud 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ames Mortgages