Rallies Celebrating Iowa Victory Toni...

Rallies Celebrating Iowa Victory Tonight!

There are 9 comments on the queersunited.blogspot.com story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Rallies Celebrating Iowa Victory Tonight!. In it, queersunited.blogspot.com reports that:

Iowans are ready to hit the streets to celebrate the unanimous marriage equality ruling. Provided is a list of rally locations in Iowa and one in New York .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at queersunited.blogspot.com.

Cpetr13

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

#1 Apr 3, 2009
Three states now with SSM, plus pending probability in NY and NJ. Once CA gets past prop 8, I think the anti-SSM movement is finished.
Ash

United States

#3 Apr 3, 2009
Congrats Iowa! Thank you for being such a wonderful example for the Midwest states!

PS. I am sure Oklahoma will be one of the last, but I have high hopes!
Ash

United States

#4 Apr 3, 2009
Cpetr13 wrote:
Three states now with SSM, plus pending probability in NY and NJ. Once CA gets past prop 8, I think the anti-SSM movement is finished.
Also pending in Vermont. The world is changing for the better!

“Equality under the law for All”

Since: Jun 08

Fontana, CA

#5 Apr 3, 2009
Yes, bring out the bubbly and start up the music there is much to celebrate in Iowa and around the US!

May all the couples who go to Iowa and get legally married have long loving lives together, and as I said in another post:

Such wonderful news as this is a good step forward towards full equality for those of us in the GLBT community. It will take time, no one ever said that the road to equality was just a block long, but we will win full equal rights someday.

The next logical step will be for the Federal Government to throw out DOMA and DADT, and uphold the Fourteenth Amendment of the US Constitution.

Virginia Rae

“A Proud Gay Parent”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#6 Apr 3, 2009
Ash wrote:
Congrats Iowa! Thank you for being such a wonderful example for the Midwest states!
PS. I am sure Oklahoma will be one of the last, but I have high hopes!
ONE of the last? No, we'll be THE last. Oh, well... at least it's gonna come!

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#7 Apr 3, 2009
To HONOR Iowa for this GREAT achievement, I think we need to write a book called "700 Wonderful Gay Recipes Using ONLY Corn".

:)

“A Proud Gay Parent”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 3, 2009
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
To HONOR Iowa for this GREAT achievement, I think we need to write a book called "700 Wonderful Gay Recipes Using ONLY Corn".
Let's call it "701"... yours sounds too close to Pat Robertson's show!!!
Ledia

Houston, TX

#9 Apr 4, 2009
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
Cornholing for 2??
Ash

United States

#10 Apr 6, 2009
Craig in OKC wrote:
<quoted text> ONE of the last? No, we'll be THE last. Oh, well... at least it's gonna come!
Agreed! Yet somehow, thanks to Iowa, my hopes for the future are a little higher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ames Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danfoss Jul 12 Truth seeker 1
News Bernie Sanders Has a Turnout Problem Jul 5 GINGERICH 2
News Ted Cruz under fire for controversial Iowa mailer Feb '16 goonsquad 15
News Lucky? Hillary Clinton Wins All 6 Coin Tosses I... Feb '16 kuda 10
News Trump's 'big announcement' sparks Palin buzz (Jan '16) Feb '16 Single Payer 102
Iowa's Working Class Voters Feb '16 Ninety-Percenter 1
News After Trump comes Lady Gaga, Ted Cruz tells Iowans Feb '16 Welcome To Reality 2

Ames Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ames Mortgages