Best Place to Stay in SouthWest Georgia

Posted in the Americus Forum

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated May 30, 2009
Windsor Hotel

United States

#1 May 26, 2009
What a beautiful hotel, I recently was driving to plains and got the chance to stay at this Architectural Gem. The rooms were a lot less then i was expecting and the Bar was very populer among the locals. The Grouper is by far the best dish on the menu and it's a perfect getaway for a couple of days. I met with the owners and they were really nice, not to many people take time to talk to their customers now a days. Anyway I really enjoyed my stay and will make it a point to stop thru on my next trip. www.windsor-americus.com
Doctor No

Vienna, GA

#2 May 30, 2009
The Grouper was by far the best dish on the menu ??? Obviously, you should have taken a quick walk right down the street to a small gem of a restaurant called "The Fish House". They serve the best seafood in Americus. For what you paid for the grouper dinner at The Windsor, you could have had a dinner of some of the best grouper in Americus, at The Fish House, cooked any way you like. Plus a side order of shrimp! The prices are so much more reasonable and the food is far superior. The Fish House isn't fancy, but it is spotless, with a wonderful ambiance. Always crowded, but super fast service, all food cooked to order. As far as many locals being in the bar at The Windsor, you're mistaken, as there are many small bars in the downtown area that are much more populated by the locals. Drinks are well known to be terribly overpriced at The Windsor. Even The Fish House that I mentioned has a great bar with the best drink prices in town. Glad that you enjoyed it though, if you didn't know any better, you're not t o blame, LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Americus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 16 min Jemima 53,217
Robyn jones 7 hr pray 5
murder last feb. 7 hr dea 2
Mike Yates 8 hr Guest 1
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Thu Pfffft 185
black girls tribbing (Mar '13) Wed sexyj6268 14
Gary Ferguson Wed kdgjfjr 1
•••
•••
•••

Americus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000