American Canyon strikes deal for Chase bank branch near City Hall

A new JP Morgan Chase bank has the kind of class most city officials wanted for the empty space next to City Hall, so they're overjoyed that a deal has been struck between the city and Chase, city officials announced this week. Full Story
Chase Customer

Vallejo, CA

#1 Oct 16, 2010
OK... so let me get this straight. Because the banks in American Canyon are more likely to get robbed, there should be a limit imposed on banks? That's the solution? So because the criminal element has found an easy target in American Canyon, I should drive to Napa or Vallejo to do my banking? That is not the kind of visionaries we need in office in American Canyon. Besides the last thing we need is another fast food restaurant.
getsome

Vallejo, CA

#2 Oct 16, 2010
Callison...For someone who didn't want to pat yourself on the back, you did almost break your arm doing it. If you really want to do something for our city, How about a local "watering hole"? You can't get a burger and a beer, watch a game, or a drink after work in this town. Chilis, Applebees, Texas Roadhouse, Buffalo Wild Wings, Fridays, Red Robin. Just a few suggestions of places in nearby cities....Note to VTR, Please stop quoting Cindy Coffee, all she does is spew trash. I know its entertaining to see what she will say or do next, but please stop
GetSome

American Canyon, CA

#3 Oct 16, 2010
The Asian Chef is open til 2am. They have a bar, appetizers. Check it out.
Please no more coffee

American Canyon, CA

#4 Oct 16, 2010
Why is Coffey even relevant enough to be quoted? The story wasn't about raising drug dealers, dodging tax responsibilities or failed business owners.
She is thumbing over a +$1M decision which benefits the citizens,the community and improves an empty lot.
Go fugure-speaking of figures..I guess she promotes fast food restaurants so our citizens and youth can look more like her??? Shiver?!
Lou

American Canyon, CA

#5 Oct 16, 2010
There is one thing we can do to improve AC: DECAFFEINATE. I, too, am so sick of hearing her open her mouth. Also, are we the only city in Calif. without a bar?(the Asian chef does not in any way qualify as a real bar)I know it is an issue due to the rare liquor licenses in Napa county, but there must be something that can be done. Just a little watering hole is all that is needed.
Too Much

Hayward, CA

#6 Oct 16, 2010
Putdoing Vallejo left and (f)ing right.
wrongway

Oakland, CA

#7 Oct 16, 2010
Doesn't say much for the city of American Canyon. Chase Bank has to be one of seediest banks in existence.
Helen

Crockett, CA

#8 Oct 17, 2010
Em... that ought to make for an easy cash and run for our "Bell" clan in the future! Priceless!
Helen

Crockett, CA

#9 Oct 17, 2010
Chase Customer wrote:
OK... so let me get this straight. Because the banks in American Canyon are more likely to get robbed, there should be a limit imposed on banks? That's the solution? So because the criminal element has found an easy target in American Canyon, I should drive to Napa or Vallejo to do my banking? That is not the kind of visionaries we need in office in American Canyon. Besides the last thing we need is another fast food restaurant.
Hey, all factored in to the cost of doing business! Crime cost are passed onto the user of the business, so what incentive does a business have but to give in and enable reparations?
Helen

Crockett, CA

#10 Oct 17, 2010
wrongway wrote:
Doesn't say much for the city of American Canyon. Chase Bank has to be one of seediest banks in existence.
No, I believe WaMu was. They sought out the foreigner's business... now defunct!
Not Really

Vacaville, CA

#11 Oct 17, 2010
getsome wrote:
Callison...For someone who didn't want to pat yourself on the back, you did almost break your arm doing it. If you really want to do something for our city, How about a local "watering hole"? You can't get a burger and a beer, watch a game, or a drink after work in this town. Chilis, Applebees, Texas Roadhouse, Buffalo Wild Wings, Fridays, Red Robin. Just a few suggestions of places in nearby cities....Note to VTR, Please stop quoting Cindy Coffee, all she does is spew trash. I know its entertaining to see what she will say or do next, but please stop
Well you are right about not being able to get a burger and a beer, but you are wrong about getting a drink or watching a game after work. Mi Zacateca's does have a nice bar inside with flat screen tv's. They will put a game on that you are interested in watching. And their chicken or steak nachos go great with a beer! No where in Am Can can you get hard liquor....yet!
getsome

Vallejo, CA

#12 Oct 17, 2010
@Not Really--Mi Zacateca has 6 barstools and no bartender. Go in before the dinner crown and see how long it takes to get that beer. It is not a bar.
@GetSome--ASIA cafe has even less that Mi Zacateca.

Today would be a great day to spend with Friends at a good gathering place. Niners and Raiders on now and Giants playoff game right after and we are stuck at home. SOMEONE HELP US---and I don't mean Coffey
Gah

Concord, CA

#13 Oct 18, 2010
There are bars in Vallejo. ;-)
But seriously--get some guys together, go to the ValNap or the Village, relax and watch the game. Those two places are actually pretty friendly and not sleazy, per se.

If you're not gay or gay-friendly, avoid the Town House. But if you ARE either of those categories enjoy it, it's a nice place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Canyon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Kurshan Bring His Arrest Record to Police ... 1 hr sam is a stupid f... 35
Black lies matter 1 hr paula 2
Legalize,tax Cockfighting in Vallejo Agri zonings (May '13) 3 hr HSUS and agenda 21 118
Vallejo City Council proclaims first week in Oc... 4 hr democrats lie 2
New list puts Vallejo among the state’s most da... 5 hr Maybe I Am Sam 21
Vallejo police investigate body found by freeway 11 hr Banger 19
Gay marriage cases teed up for justices’ action 11 hr Anonymous 1

American Canyon News Video

American Canyon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

American Canyon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

American Canyon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in American Canyon