Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Meth takes serious toll in Solano
http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/fairfield/m...

In the days leading up to Thanksgiving, an average of five people a day have been arrested by local police or sheriff’s deputies and booked into the Solano County jail for possessing or using drugs. It is often methamphetamine.

Bill Haden is the executive director of the A.K. Bean Foundation. With drug treatment and counseling centers in Fairfield and Vallejo, Haden and his co-workers are up close and personal witnesses to the damage that meth does to users and to the community.

Over the years, Haden has seen plenty of Fairfield’s meth addicts and other substance abusers. His work in local substance abuse treatment programs spans three decades.

About a third of the A.K. Bean Foundation’s clientele who have been arrested for drug-related crimes are there because of methamphetamine crimes.

One of A.K. Bean’s clients, who asked not to be identified, has been using meth since 1983, a year after he graduated from Armijo High School. Between streaks of being clean and being locked up, the client has spent the past 20 years using meth – typically daily – while living in Fairfield.

The 47-year-old client describes the evolution of meth addiction in Fairfield as paralleling the economy.

“All my friend’s in the 90s – everyone worked and everyone used,” the client said.“Since the late 2000s, nobody has any money. Now if they’re in the meth community, they’re broken down, they’re going to be stealing. Nowadays, if meth users go to a meeting, something’s going to be stolen. They visit your house, something’s going to go missing.”

“Back in the ’80s, meth use was more like an event. These days it’s become more gritty.”

Haden and his client agree a big impact of meth on the local community in recent years is addiction underwritten by thievery, including addicts driving around in pickup trucks late at night looking for scrap metal.
Purple Haze

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Just smoke weed.
Wanglow

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

A little strychnine in the meth supply would go a lot further in removing these gutter-dwellng "clients" from OUR midst. Want to end the problem; do the same thing you would do for any rat infestation.
nomitt

Greenbrae, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Wanglow wrote:
A little strychnine in the meth supply would go a lot further in removing these gutter-dwellng "clients" from OUR midst. Want to end the problem; do the same thing you would do for any rat infestation.
You can't stop scum.
WTF

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

I live in the once quiet, quaintly pretty neighborhood near St. Basils. Every morning when I get up at 5am(I actually go to WORK) there are tweakers walking or biking or simply standing around. It's another lovely addition to our rapidly declining city. Way to go Vallejo!!
GEE

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Quote: "All my friend’s in the 90s – everyone worked and everyone used,” the client said.“

Obviously the crowd you hung with were not your friends. Were you a child that tried to convinced the parent that everybody else is allowed to do "IT" and you will be the only one whose parents are uptight and not let you join in on that fun activity? Did you have parential support at all?

When times became tough in the late 2000's.....(strange, at least to me, times were tough way before that with a disappearing job market and home prices in the septic tank) would that not have been the methed out brain's wake up call to seek help, the one we willingly provide, instead of stealing everything in sight not nailed down?

Not getting it .....
Can Of Worms

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Vallejo's drug problem goes all the way back before it went bankrupt, the blight at Country Club Crest started to take shape in the '70s. I would imagine that the VPD with its highly paid, full staffed organization was not producing any meaningful report and arrests to conclude that they were putting a lot of work on getting rid of this drug blight.

And even today, it always takes a Federal task force to investigate and do the job of chasing after the meth dealers at Country Club Crest.

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_20469922/...
Wanglow

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

WTF wrote:
I live in the once quiet, quaintly pretty neighborhood near St. Basils. Every morning when I get up at 5am(I actually go to WORK) there are tweakers walking or biking or simply standing around. It's another lovely addition to our rapidly declining city. Way to go Vallejo!!
I lived over on Louisiana st a few years ago. Some low-lifes started living in a camper down the street (they ran an electrical cord out of a house where some other trash lived). I went to work at 5 am every morning and after a while they observed my pattern and one day while I was at work they broke in and stole virtually everything I had, even old family pictures, they ripped out the floor furnace grates (thinking there was money hidden there, I guess) and used my pillow cases to load up my possessions in; it had to have taken hours to do the job. The mexican woman across the steet saw everything but all of a sudden couldn't remember anything when I talked to her about it. Of course the police couldn't/wouldn't do anything. Just a note to you and everyone else who has a regular pattern of leaving for work; someone may be watching you. An alarm system helps but you can't count on that since the rats would be gone by the time cops get there (assuming they will.....). As long as our city council continues to coddle and attract this scum to our city WE will have to watch out for ourselves and each other.
uts

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Wanglow wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived over on Louisiana st a few years ago. Some low-lifes started living in a camper down the street (they ran an electrical cord out of a house where some other trash lived). I went to work at 5 am every morning and after a while they observed my pattern and one day while I was at work they broke in and stole virtually everything I had, even old family pictures, they ripped out the floor furnace grates (thinking there was money hidden there, I guess) and used my pillow cases to load up my possessions in; it had to have taken hours to do the job. The mexican woman across the steet saw everything but all of a sudden couldn't remember anything when I talked to her about it. Of course the police couldn't/wouldn't do anything. Just a note to you and everyone else who has a regular pattern of leaving for work; someone may be watching you. An alarm system helps but you can't count on that since the rats would be gone by the time cops get there (assuming they will.....). As long as our city council continues to coddle and attract this scum to our city WE will have to watch out for ourselves and each other.
Cousin, if by some chance you are now MY neighbor and I see this crap going on Ill step up to help. But when you get home YOU are going to dig the hole. LOL.
Wanglow

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

uts wrote:
<quoted text>Cousin, if by some chance you are now MY neighbor and I see this crap going on Ill step up to help. But when you get home YOU are going to dig the hole. LOL.
Thanks pardner, good to know there's still a few good people out there who aren't going to let this council or this toothless welfare crowd continue to get away with their plans. It's been over ten years now since this happened so I don't think about it much anymore but to this day if I could find out who did it I'd take care of it myself, and I'm not kidding. I'm not mad anymore but upon my word, these thieves would NEVER commit another crime nor take another breath. It's a war zone out there and God will judge me the same as any man fighting for his country.
DRAGON

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Wanglow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks pardner, good to know there's still a few good people out there who aren't going to let this council or this toothless welfare crowd continue to get away with their plans. It's been over ten years now since this happened so I don't think about it much anymore but to this day if I could find out who did it I'd take care of it myself, and I'm not kidding. I'm not mad anymore but upon my word, these thieves would NEVER commit another crime nor take another breath. It's a war zone out there and God will judge me the same as any man fighting for his country.
Panic in the cities WICKED weeping for SOULS!!!!!!!!!!
ppppp

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

give video games to them what the fck are you giving them drugs for .. all the old video games are now free they could be in video game heaven and you give them meth..

why don't you sell illegal video games instead of illegal drugs where you steal the

ideas of makers that's safer.. and more respectable..
ppppp

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

and just plain better and you make money quicker.. and fix the economy all at once..
ppppp

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

yea criminals can fix the economy by choosing special crimes..

That's what korea does..

with their counterfeit money..
ppppp

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

and it's a more hilarious crime..

criminal game design.. lawl..
ppppp

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

naw you wouldn't get that far with it..
ppppp

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

eya yea actually you would..
ppppp

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

hey hey.. illegal cartoon idea theft.. extend the episodes without permission..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent American Canyon Discussions

Search the American Canyon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Chick-fil-A Vallejo Location Faces Opposition 22 min Frankie Rizzo 140
Sampayan castrates Mayor 1 hr sad sack sammie 16
Rock in Vallejo council chamber from McConnell? 1 hr Sambo Kurshan 9
Orcem plans 'green' cement plant on Mare Island 2 hr sad sack sammie 9
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr mile high 200,324
Block party honors slain Vallejo son 4 hr Joe the hero 1
Developers agree to revise Vallejo self-storage... 6 hr sammie saw it all 4
•••
•••

American Canyon News Video

•••
•••

American Canyon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••