Brown bats terrorizing AmCan mobile home park residents

June Jewell says she can deal with nearly any type of lousy neighbor, but not with the bats that have set up housekeeping in the abandoned trailer next door. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just passing through

Vallejo, CA

#1 Apr 21, 2010
So much damnable ignorance and so little time.....

Do those dingbats realize that those bats are simply eating the flying insects flying around their heads?

And as for the bats being characterized as a "threat", the individual(s) who believe that native bats are harmful are uneducated fools.

Those bats are no more harmful than insect-eating songbirds.

And a special note to Audrey Johnson: if you believe that those bats are "ugly little bastards" you probably ought to realize that at age 80, your pinup days have long since passed... although that's probably far less of an actual issue than your ignorance about bats.
Wanglow

Vallejo, CA

#2 Apr 21, 2010
You never read about white bats causing trouble..........

“God Bless America”

Since: Mar 10

The Northern Frisco Bay Area

#3 Apr 21, 2010
Wanglow wrote:
Oh you intolerant and insensitive (and free-thinking) hater you! I believe the inconvenient FACT you have pointed out could quite possibly be attributed to it being a bat-culture thang; one civilized, law abiding and tempered, the other uncivilized, unbridled and imbibed with a penchant for criminal activity. It reminds me of those annoying, dive-bombing swallows that do a good Stuka dive bombing imitation whenever you come within range; very annoying. The owners of the trailers should have the right to eradicate those bats, and substitute good old DDT to kill the remaining mosquitoes. That would be the traditional American solution to this problem. Or, you bat lovers can come over and be stand in substitutes for the proboscises of those vector carrying vermin yourselves, seeing that you value bugs over the rights of your fellow citizen.

“God Bless America”

Since: Mar 10

The Northern Frisco Bay Area

#4 Apr 21, 2010
Just passing through wrote:
Do those dingbats realize that those bats are simply eating the flying insects flying around their heads?
And as for the bats being characterized as a "threat", the individual(s) who believe that native bats are harmful are uneducated fools.
And a special note to Audrey Johnson: if you believe that those bats are "ugly little bastards" you probably ought to realize that at age 80, your pinup days have long since passed... although that's probably far less of an actual issue than your ignorance about bats.
I wonder if YOUR grandmother, if you even know who she was, knows what you have typed about people her age. Sounds like agism to me... What a stooge you are.
sas

Los Altos, CA

#5 Apr 21, 2010
Glad to hear that the residents know that bats' primary purpose is to eat insects and that animal control relocates them. If pets have their rabies shots, no one is at risk from them! I'm sure they just come around when lights are turned on because lights also attract insects!
Truth Teller

Vancouver, WA

#6 Apr 21, 2010
Wanglow wrote:
Because the white bats are sneaky. They pick your pocket while calling attention to the brown bats.
Just passing through

Vallejo, CA

#7 Apr 21, 2010
N ed Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if YOUR grandmother, if you even know who she was, knows what you have typed about people her age. Sounds like agism to me... What a stooge you are.
If MY grandmother were as ignorant as the idjits in this story were, I would be just as scathing.

Focus, Mongo: it's not their AGE that's objectionable, it's their damnable IGNORANCE.

Try to keep up.
Susan

Grand Prairie, TX

#8 Apr 21, 2010
Defend your trailer Granny! Break out the shotgun and lock and load! A good birdshot load ought to do the trick! Open season!
Thanh

Grand Prairie, TX

#9 Apr 21, 2010
Bats in the old belfry... uh?
Sean

Grand Prairie, TX

#10 Apr 21, 2010
Watch out from the ones that are foaming at the mouth and flying a slight bit off center at full flaps. Hehehe!
Cleo

Grand Prairie, TX

#11 Apr 21, 2010
Truth Teller wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the white bats are sneaky. They pick your pocket while calling attention to the brown bats.
Does that mean that the dark bats merely club you on the head and steal your property?
Truth Teller

Vancouver, WA

#12 Apr 21, 2010
Cleo wrote:
<quoted text> Does that mean that the dark bats merely club you on the head and steal your property?
No, the actions of the brown bats are described in the article. A previous poster needed to be educated on the actions of white bats.

“America, love it or leave it”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#13 Apr 21, 2010
Susan wrote:
Defend your trailer Granny! Break out the shotgun and lock and load! A good birdshot load ought to do the trick! Open season!
LOL, to bad it would not work Susan. Bats locate their prey with echo-location and their flight is also covered with the echo-location. They would simply dodge the shot and any hit would be shear luck.
Irish Mike

AOL

#14 Apr 21, 2010
ac hs bats terrorizing them and vallejo has sam kurshan terrorizing us

Since: Jun 09

Walnut Creek, CA

#15 Apr 21, 2010
Irish Mike wrote:
LOL, I'll take the bats thank you! I had one (bat, not Sam) in my doorway last year, scared my wife to death, lol.
Only Human

United States

#16 Apr 21, 2010
Wanglow wrote:
Ok, you got me. I denounce the racist nature of this comment but the initial reading did make me giggle
Dont Make Me Get My Cape

United States

#17 Apr 21, 2010
N ed Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonders never cease, because I whole heartedly agree with everything you wrote in this post. Shame on 'Just Passing Through' for saying downright rude things about the ELDERLY VICTIMS in this story. If he spoke to my grandma that way, those bats would have circling buzzads for company.
huh

Vallejo, CA

#18 Apr 21, 2010
My cat brought me a bat once ...scared me half to death when I realized it was'nt the hacky sack I thought it was ...*shudders*
Petulance Police

United States

#19 Apr 21, 2010
Keep on passing with your (s)hi(tt)y self. You couldn't find 10 people willing to be swarmed by ugly little bastard bats.(ha! gotta love those feisty grandmas!) Hire some neighborhood kids, provide them with slingshots & pebbles, then follow up with latex gloves, garbage bags and hand sanitizer.
Done and doner!
Sammys friend

United States

#20 Apr 21, 2010
Irish Mike wrote:
We need sammy to whisper to these critters and they will go away. Where is Sammy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Canyon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homeless Tech Education Program Eyes Official L... 36 min Anonymous 1
Two California Cities Plan for Year of Coding 46 min Anonymous 1
Should VCUSD Adopt Common Core in K-12 Schools ??? 51 min Anonymous 1
Tony Ubalde: Wants to focus on 75 percent in ne... 1 hr handlejacker 4
Overtime costs at Bay Area governments soar sin... 1 hr Jim in SF 43
Ubalde and Wilson pick up African-American Alli... 2 hr uncle mike 9
Reports of sexual assault rise across UC system 3 hr dems ruin everything 2

Test for Napa County was issued at October 02 at 9:30AM PDT

American Canyon News Video

American Canyon Dating