All Creatures Animal Hospital (FRIEND...

All Creatures Animal Hospital (FRIENDS OF NOAH)

Posted in the Amelia Forum

OUTRAGED and CONCERNED

Newport, KY

#1 Feb 20, 2011
How can this man even think about reopening Friend of Noahs back up? He could not even care for the cats and dogs he had in the shelter before. This is a man that is only in it for the money, he could care less about these animals. His staff is rude and they manhandle all of the animals that come in there. I am not just talking about the shelter animals. He did not give the proper vet care to the last bunch of cats he had in the NOAH building. They were in dire need of dentals, ear mite treatment, and just overall care, but did they recieve this care? NO! They had even refused to treat kittens that the STAFF gave ring worm to, instead they were put in a dark room and fed enough to keep alive and no treatments done. Now is this someone who needs to open up another shelter? HELL NO NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!! So why would he open this up again. This is a man that does not like BLACK cats, but then again I do not think he likes any cats. These people are so two-faced they have eyes, a mouth and nose on all four sides of their heads. If people were smart they would not trust him or the majority of the staff with their pets. I think All Creatures Animal Hospital needs to be protested against and not allowed to run a shelter. He talks about it being NO KILL but would euthanize an animal in a heart beat. He may talk the talk but he can not back any of it. In my opinion and the opinion of many other clients past and present this facility should not be trusted as there are so many lies that have been told. If you want to know more just comment!
Bill Hawks

Dayton, OH

#2 Feb 22, 2011
Friends of Noah is a non profit organization and i don't know who they are talking to because friends of Noah is the most caring and loving place for homeless pets.I have adopted many pets over the years and have the up most respect for Friends of Noah. I can't wait for their re-Grand Opening i stopped by to see the new facility and it was beautiful. You will love the staff you can tell they really care about the animals.
Disputer

Florence, KY

#3 Feb 23, 2011
OUTRAGED and CONCERNED wrote:
How can this man even think about reopening Friend of Noahs back up?
Friends of Noah is re-opening under new management.
This is a man that is only in it for the money, he could care less about these animals.
Friends of Noah is a 501c non profit organization.
This is a man that does not like BLACK cats
Black cats (and dogs, for that matter) are harder to adopt than others. They may be the most wonderful animal in the world, but the fact they are black will result in them lingering in a shelter longer, taking up valuable space that other homeless pets desperately need. If a shelter opts not to take that next black cat or dog, they can probably take in and place five or six other cats and dogs in the amount of time the black one would have been lingering unnoticed by adopters. Don't blame Dr. Dan and his staff for this unfair fact of life, blame everyone that's not spaying and neutering their pets. These are the people that put Dr. Dan and his staff in the position of making these decisions.
He talks about it being NO KILL but would euthanize an animal in a heart beat.
Again, don't blame Dr. Dan and his staff for the fact that there are too many homeless pets in this area for all of the shelters combined to handle! Blame everyone that's not spaying and neutering their pets, because these are the people that put Dr. Dan and his staff in the position of making decisions about a homeless pet's future.
Frankie

Newport, KY

#4 Mar 1, 2011
You hold the upmost respect for this place then ask Meakin what he has done with all off the cats he had before. HE was going to EUTHANIZE EVERYONE OF THEM. HE IS SUPPOSEDLY A NON-PROFIT BUT HE IS MAKING MORE PROFIT OFF THESE ANIMALS THEN HE NEEDS TO SO HE IS NOT A NON-PROFIT. The cats that was there before could not even get the medical attention they so NEEDED. I know this for a fact as I know who took some of the cats and I have been helping with the medical bills that have reached approximatelt $2000.00 since the begining of 2011 and this is all from a lack of vet care. If you only knew what transpire behind close doors. These people are not what they pose to be as none of the employees even want to deal with the cats, as they are not cat people. So I pose the question why are they in this field? The only answer is MONEY.
Bill Hawks wrote:
Friends of Noah is a non profit organization and i don't know who they are talking to because friends of Noah is the most caring and loving place for homeless pets.I have adopted many pets over the years and have the up most respect for Friends of Noah. I can't wait for their re-Grand Opening i stopped by to see the new facility and it was beautiful. You will love the staff you can tell they really care about the animals.
Frankie

Newport, KY

#5 Mar 1, 2011
wHOEVER SAID DO NOT BLAME DR DAN IS CRAZY HE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO HANDLE ALL OF THE HOMELESS ANIMALS BUT WHY WOULD HE WANT TO EUTHANIZE ALL THAT HE HAD IN FON SHELTER BEFORE? NOW HE WANTS TO REOPEN THIS SHELTER SO WHEN THESE ANIMALS DO NOT GET ADOPTED HE WILL JUST EUTHANIZE ALL OF THEM.LIKE I SAID BEFORE HE IS IN IT JUST TO MAKE MONEY. I WILL TELL YOU HOW BAD IT IS HE GETS A CREDIT ON THE PET FOOD (HE SELLS IN THE OFFICE) THAT HAS EXPIRED AND EXPECTS HIS EMPLOYEES TO BUY THIS FOOD SO HE CAN MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY. SO TELL ME HE IS DOINGTHIS BECAUSE HE CARES!!!!!!
Emily

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Jul 16, 2011
How can this man even think about reopening Friend of Noahs back up? He could not even care for the cats and dogs he had in the shelter before. This is a man that is only in it for the money, he could care less about these animals. His staff is rude and they manhandle all of the animals that come in there. I am not just talking about the shelter animals. He did not give the proper vet care to the last bunch of cats he had in the NOAH building. They were in dire need of dentals, ear mite treatment, and just overall care, but did they recieve this care? NO! They had even refused to treat kittens that the STAFF gave ring worm to, instead they were put in a dark room and fed enough to keep alive and no treatments done. Now is this someone who needs to open up another shelter? HELL NO NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!! So why would he open this up again. This is a man that does not like BLACK cats, but then again I do not think he likes any cats. These people are so two-faced they have eyes, a mouth and nose on all four sides of their heads. If people were smart they would not trust him or the majority of the staff with their pets. I think All Creatures Animal Hospital needs to be protested against and not allowed to run a shelter. He talks about it being NO KILL but would euthanize an animal in a heart beat. He may talk the talk but he can not back any of it. In my opinion and the opinion of many other clients past and present this facility should not be trusted as there are so many lies that have been told. If you want to know more just comment!
First of all, I don't know where you are getting your facts/arguments from because I've been taking my animals to that hospital my whole life and Drs. Dan and Linda Meakin and their staff have always done a wonderful job with keeping them healthy.

Friends of Noah had closed down because they had come up with a new system of fostering some adoption dogs in people's homes while waiting to be adopted out. And tell me, if Dr. Meakin is only in it for the money, then why does he and his band called Dr. Dan and the Stray Dogs Band play for free at various locations (all donations going to Friends of Noah)?

I know for a fact that Dr. Meakin does not euthanize his shelter animals (unless they have a very low quality of life such as cancer or another serious illness.) The only animals he puts down are the ones who are very ill and who are suffering too greatly to even be able to enjoy living and whose owners agree that they need to be put down.

I have volunteered there with both the boarding and adoption dogs and have been back where they work with the animals in grooming, surgery, inpatient, and outpatient and the staff never, as you call it, "manhandle" them. The staff there have a very organized way of keeping track of each animal's food/toys (if their owners had brought in a specific type), bathroom breaks, playtime, bathing (if owners desire), and medical needs. I have seen the staff's daily routines firsthand and I can safely say they are very responsible and caring people who work there.
Jessie

Fort Thomas, KY

#7 Jul 17, 2011
Well, Emily, I do not know how long ago you volunteered, but what you posted about coming up with a new system is wrong. I was a part time volunteer there when everything went down. Dan Meakin was tired of all of the cats as some of them have been there for a few years. Dan Meakin was going to euthanize all of the cats in the shelter if they were not removed. His reason was they were undesireable. The Meakins never came over to see how the shelter was doing. As far as that new system for fostering dogs what does that have to do with the cats being booted out of the only place some of them have known. The cats did not interfere with the boarding kennel, the only people that worked with the cats were the people who donated all of their time to the cats only, no one from boarding done anything for the cats. Also, when FON was closed down the reason given was they were renovating the building, so what is the truth? There are to many stories going around that supposdly the staff has told people.

And all of the money from the band does not go to the shelter, as all of the band members do not give their share of the money to the shelter.

As far as the staff they have manhandled animals as I have seen this first hand. And if you talk to the people that was at Friends of Noahs everyday of the week they could probably tell you a lot more. I have been there with the other volunteers and they were treated like dirt by the staff.
So maybe you need to talk to the last people who volunteered to the very end.

I am not trying to be hateful or mean just giving the facts as I was there and while I was there I never met you. But I will find out from the last of the 8 volunteers if they knew of you as they were there the last 10 to 14 months of FON being open. And if I am wrong, I will get back on here and apologize to you.
Emily

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Jul 18, 2011
Jessie wrote:
Well, Emily, I do not know how long ago you volunteered, but what you posted about coming up with a new system is wrong. I was a part time volunteer there when everything went down. Dan Meakin was tired of all of the cats as some of them have been there for a few years. Dan Meakin was going to euthanize all of the cats in the shelter if they were not removed. His reason was they were undesireable. The Meakins never came over to see how the shelter was doing. As far as that new system for fostering dogs what does that have to do with the cats being booted out of the only place some of them have known. The cats did not interfere with the boarding kennel, the only people that worked with the cats were the people who donated all of their time to the cats only, no one from boarding done anything for the cats. Also, when FON was closed down the reason given was they were renovating the building, so what is the truth? There are to many stories going around that supposdly the staff has told people.
And all of the money from the band does not go to the shelter, as all of the band members do not give their share of the money to the shelter.
As far as the staff they have manhandled animals as I have seen this first hand. And if you talk to the people that was at Friends of Noahs everyday of the week they could probably tell you a lot more. I have been there with the other volunteers and they were treated like dirt by the staff.
So maybe you need to talk to the last people who volunteered to the very end.
I am not trying to be hateful or mean just giving the facts as I was there and while I was there I never met you. But I will find out from the last of the 8 volunteers if they knew of you as they were there the last 10 to 14 months of FON being open. And if I am wrong, I will get back on here and apologize to you.
Well not that it's right or anything, but you know how many humane shelters euthanize animals every day. A lot. And too many. But would you rather keep an old cat there with no home and little chance of ever getting one (what kind of life is that?) or would you trade that space for a younger cat who would have a higher chance of getting adopted out? There is a reason for his madness, as they say. And this doesn't mean Dr. Dan is "only in it for the money." That's absurd.
I have never once seen the staff manhandle the animals. The only time they may have been a little rough was when a bigger dog would get a little aggressive or out of control. But that's understandable.
I was just there today volunteering as part of Vet Camp and I will continue volunteering there for a lot of my summer break because I think what the staff does for the animals is awesome and I look up to the doctors. I think what has happened here is someone found out some shocking news without either knowing the full truth or not wanting to know the full truth, and they ran with some story. There is always a reason for someone's actions, and Dr. Dan is a caring person, I doubt he would do something like that to animals without a sane reason for it. That's just my impression of things.
Lisa diesel

Mount Vernon, OH

#9 Apr 9, 2012
Bill Hawks wrote:
Bill hawks u obviously DO NOT know Dan Meaken personally b/c I DO & he is a no good vet who instead of helping animals murders them!!!! He doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. I canceled a 950.00 check b/c the dog died. If he was so sure about his work he would've sued me &not let it go. I know a clermont county commissioner who tool his 2 healthy dogs in for a routine surgery and Dan killed him. My friend brought his guinea pig in and dan killed him too. I also rescued 2 dogs off highway and took them to him for an exam b4 i found them a home and he charged me an obnoxious amout of $$$$. He is only out for money. Did I mention I'm a single woman and he personally showed up at my house unannounced for absolutely no reason. He's a joke and needs to take his guitar and shove it up his a**!!!!! So I suggest u do ur research b4 u comment on something u have no knowledge about...... Any questions????
Lisa diesel

Mount Vernon, OH

#10 Apr 9, 2012
This guy is a criminal and needs to be shot!!!!!! I know of too many cases where he killed healthy dogs that were brought on for routine checkups. If he were so ligite why didn't he do anything when I put a stop payment on a 900.00 check as a result of the dog dying. He's a piece of crap who knows nothing about helping animals. I know about numerous incidents where he ended up doing more harm to the animals than good. I live by myself and he showed up at my house unannounced for no reason than to be creepy. He needs to be shut down. How did he get this far being such an illegitimate vet???? He's more worried about that half ass band of his than he is helping animals. Dan if ur reading this u know exactly what I'm talking about!!!!! He had 1 good female vet who left awhile ago b/c she knew what a phony Dan Meaken is. Urs truly Lisa Diesel
Dawn Harsley

Springboro, OH

#11 Jun 4, 2014
I don't know much about Friends of Noah but when it came to taking care of our beloved furbaby, I trust Dr. Dan completely. In fact, when we had Willie neutered, he's the only doctor we considered to do the surgery. Any time we had Willie there for treatment, we were treated with kindness and respect. Dr. Dan doesn't have much of a personality.....he isn't a people person but he is a very qualified "doggie doctor". He performs no unnecessary procedures. When we had Willie neutered, over the phone he suggested we may want to have his teeth cleaned at the same time. When he examined Willie, he said he had exceptionally good teeth and no cleaning was necessary. Unfortunately, we had to let Willie go 3 months before his 15th birthday. His heart simply gave out. We will certainly contact Friends of Noah when looking for a new "furry friend" to love.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amelia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Harry Hardstiff 21,722
Kim Jong young has Trump just where he wants him 19 hr Watcher 47
Heidi smith Thu Watchout 9
wormwood DEFCON. 5 the Russians are not coming ... Thu TOTAC 1
NFL Thinks It's The KGB Thu TOTAC 2
Unicorn seeking couple Wed BillClintonsCigar 6
Joanne Mcafee Sellers Wed Penny 1

Amelia Jobs

Personal Finance

Amelia Mortgages