Patient to LPN ratio at Eastgate Spring

Patient to LPN ratio at Eastgate Spring

Posted in the Amelia Forum

Newer male nurse RJ

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Feb 22, 2011
Hello all. I'm a new nurse, but of a more advanced age, and male. I had my first position at a facility in the West side of town and am distressed about the ratio of LPN's to residents. I find it impossible to believe that a 30 to 1 ratio is an acceptable number to achieve quality, or even decent care to these patients. I am wondering if this is standard at all facilities in the area. I have an interview Thursday at Eastgate Spring, which is very close to where I live, and am wondering if anyone can give some honest insight as to this facility and its policies and or procedures. My original goal, while I was in school, was to be a positive influence on my residents health, both mentally and physically, but am finding this to be only a dream that may not actually be achieveable. I pray to God my experiance at my current facility is NOT the norm for this aspect of health care. If so, I would seriously need to consider additional education in yet another field.
Thanks in advance for any information you may offer.
Concerned and frustrated!!!
Been there

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jul 8, 2011
If I were you, I'd be looking elsewhere. Eastgatespring treats their employees worse than they treat the residents'. Eastgatespring is a revolving door and now the long term residents' are being taken out by their families due to poor management. You'd think that treating your employees good would save costs by not having to retrain and retrain. Looks like Eastgatespring hasn't caught on yet.
Good luck with your job search. I recommend looking somewhere else as I am doing the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amelia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House prohibits $15-an-hour minimum wage 3 hr Prosperity Fundie... 28
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Dudley 20,710
UC new coach Fickell 6 hr O-Rourke 2
News Was a drug cartel behind the Pike Co. massacre?... 12 hr I used to be someone 22
Dustin Davidson, Fri Woww 1
News Trump 'thank you' tour to start Thursday in Cin... Thu I used to be someone 20
Review: Greenbriar Estates (Oct '08) Dec 8 Fedup60 10

Amelia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Amelia Mortgages