School bus driver accused of intentio...

School bus driver accused of intentionally braking suddenly to ...

There are 175 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 21, 2008, titled School bus driver accused of intentionally braking suddenly to .... In it, Newsday reports that:

The driver was upset because the boy would not remain in his seat, Harmony Township police Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#1 Nov 21, 2008
Well, for intentionally harming a 10 year old boy, this guy should lose his job and get 5 or 6 years in prison.
Ugggh

Jamaica, NY

#2 Nov 21, 2008
The little monkeys push you over the edge. Shouldn't they be chained up or something. I am sure the parents say not my little Jimmy he would never cause problems. If I had been a recurring problem on the bus when I was a kid not only would I have gotten a beating from my old man the first time, I wouldn't be allowed back on the bus to begin with.
Veteran Family

Newport News, VA

#3 Nov 24, 2008
This is the fundamental problem with society today. No one makes children responsible for their actions and worse than that, parents are defensive of their children's bad behavior.

I do NOT agree that sending children flying on a bus and endangering their safety is proper protocol. That being stated, I do believe that bus drivers need to have some kind of recourse in dealing with unruly children. This kid was a known disciplinary problem. Why was he even allowed to be on the bus?
Vince

Plymouth, MI

#4 Nov 24, 2008
2 things...
1: the monitor did exactly nothing... nice - are there conspiracy charges pending?
2: good for the bus driver - that's great! little brat probably deserved it. I mean even the parents were aware that the kid was unruly. guess what - your kids face wouldnt be smashed if two things would have happened, know what they are? you learn your child proper like and then the brat obeys
look, when i was a kid we used to torment bus drivers - i mean who didn't? we did it because we knew there was very little that would happen. sounds like this one just scored one for the entire industry and to that i say ...black sabbath
Calm Down

Bronx, NY

#6 Nov 24, 2008
A good round of "Buckle Up Buddy" never hurt anybody.
Walther

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Nov 24, 2008
The way this should have been handled is the bus driver should have called police and had the creep pulled off of the bus and arrested. Let the family deal with their little delinquent.

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#9 Nov 24, 2008
Exhibit A for reasons not to be a teacher or bus driver....
GMan

Newport News, VA

#10 Nov 24, 2008
Sounds like this kids parents need to drive the little bugger to school every day and then this type of thing wouldn't happen.
Nick

Baltimore, MD

#11 Nov 24, 2008
I've done the same thing with my car to get my daughter to settle down.
E E E

Chicago, IL

#12 Nov 24, 2008
I'm sure this kid is a captital B BRAT! whose mother never forces him to be responsible for his actions.

HOWEVER - the bus driver was criminally irresponsible and STOOPID to pull such a stunt. No matter what the child was doing, that is no reason to intentionally harm him.

AND the "Monitor" should be fired.
Laidlawed

Willimantic, CT

#13 Nov 24, 2008
This is great! The little punk could use this and I am sure some more. My bus used to do the same thing. Maybe if his parents whipped his ass into shape once in a while, the bus driver would not need to. Mom and dad, get over it and start being parents.
nameless

United States

#14 Nov 24, 2008
If there was a monitor on the bus, why did he or she not do anything especially if it was known the driver and boy had problems before? or are they just paid to observe and not interfere?

Since: Jan 08

Newport News

#16 Nov 24, 2008
When I was in elementary school,(just a wee bit ago...) my bus was so rowdy & the bus driver had enough of us, she pulled over on Denbigh Blvd. just before the overpass, turned the bus off, opened the door & walked off! For a while everyone just sat in silence, not quite believing what was happening, someone called the police & a NN police officer approached the bus & commenced to give us all an a$$ chewing! Kind of funny now that you think back on it!
Wow

Richmond, VA

#17 Nov 24, 2008
Well anymore the driver has nothing they can do. The kids get up over and over and the driver can't drive when this is being done. If they don't get to their stops on time the driver gets into trouble for not getting there. the driver should be told you can't do that. But REALLY the one that should be in trouble is the monitor. If this happens all the time the child shouldn't have been on the bus. The driver should be able to say "Sit down" and if it doesn't happen or happens more than once the monitor should make them. If this doesn't help the monitor should set next to them to make sure they do. They should be given a warning. If it happens more than once on a trip they should be told they can't ride the bus tomorrow. If they fix it but it happens again on the next bus ride they should be told they can't ride the bus again. After a certain amount of def. they shouldn't be allowed to ride the bug AGAIN.
BUT this isn't in effect. They bus is left to deal with these brats everyday with no help or punishment. What are they to do?

“There's Only One ME!”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#18 Nov 24, 2008
E E E wrote:
I'm sure this kid is a captital B BRAT! whose mother never forces him to be responsible for his actions.......
How do know it's not the Father?

“DESCRIBED AS A TROUBLED LONER ”

Since: Apr 08

Muskrat flats tennesee

#19 Nov 24, 2008
Vince wrote:
2 things...
1: the monitor did exactly nothing... nice - are there conspiracy charges pending?
2: good for the bus driver - that's great! little brat probably deserved it. I mean even the parents were aware that the kid was unruly. guess what - your kids face wouldnt be smashed if two things would have happened, know what they are? you learn your child proper like and then the brat obeys
look, when i was a kid we used to torment bus drivers - i mean who didn't? we did it because we knew there was very little that would happen. sounds like this one just scored one for the entire industry and to that i say ...black sabbath
Personally I think it's a great idea! It should be done by every bus driver, That way problem kid's could be recognized by their flat faces! Just like those problematic flatfaced persian cats!

“Slappy X. Sanchez, Esq.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#20 Nov 25, 2008
I think he should have ran the bus into a gasonline tanker, but jumped out just before hitting it.

“Slappy X. Sanchez, Esq.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#21 Nov 25, 2008
*gasoline
Frank

Virginia Beach, VA

#24 Nov 25, 2008
Hang em all
Hey Bus driver

White Plains, NY

#25 Nov 25, 2008
If that were my child you did that to,

I would beat you with a baseball bat on your front lawn this morning until I have broken both your legs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ambridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark lanton Apr 23 Monaca mama 1
News Margie Byrd-Walker reflects on time as first bl... Mar '17 Nadiyah Stowers 1
pine inn (Jan '16) Feb '17 peggy 2
News Ambridge school board, teachers' union fail to ... Dec '16 Vouchers Now 1
News Clinton's support is wide, while Trump's is deep Nov '16 Seriouslady 9
News Owner: Missing potbellied therapy pig is found,... (Aug '16) Aug '16 wichita-rick 4
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) Aug '16 Cary Cottle 1

Ambridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ambridge Mortgages