Country Music or Texas Music?

Country Music or Texas Music?

Posted in the Amarillo Forum

Country Dancer

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Nov 8, 2012
So.. whats up with Amarillo Texas!!??? Nothing like what I expected!!! Dont get me wrong here.. the city of Amarillo is a sight both at night and during the day.. Exquisite food.. Drink . and numerous things to do do through out the day.. I had a most enjoyable stay.. However, I love to country dance.. so it was quite a chore trying to find a place to scoot a boot to some good ole country music.. Geez!!! whats with all this texas music..?????!!! I will admit that I was fortunate and did stumble in to Lowery's Saloon to hear a good ole Country band. That rocked out the place..!!! Kudos to Lowery's for having some good country music jamming out!!!! I tried to find a page for this band. but could not.. as I often travel thru and to Amarillo..
SO.. my next query is can anyone tell me about this Rusty Cooper Band and possibly schedule dates ?? anyone?? This band played some fantastic country music old and new.. Amarillo club owners really should follow the example of Lowery's saloon!!! When the song "Amarillo by Morning" comes on.. you just cant help but want to hear and dance to some good ole country music!!! Way to go Lowery's and the Rusty Cooper Band!!
Country Dancer

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Nov 8, 2012
Okay. just maybe I am bored.. Stopped here in Canadian Texas!! What a Gorgeous little town!!! but. the night life here definitely needs a little excitement.. Never have I seen so many amazing homes!!! Gonna have to come back here on a week-end and see whats up... can anyone tell me about the local bars here in Canadian??
Country Dancer

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Nov 8, 2012
okay honest mistake.. I see that should have been posted in Canadian instead of amarillo..!!! sorry. have too many pages opened here!!! next stop.. Dogde City Kansas!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amarillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder of Kay Sands (Jul '07) 20 hr Chick13 22
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
Rockin Gypsy Trunk Show? (Jan '14) May 15 Screwed over vendor 21
Debate: Marijuana - Amarillo, TX (Sep '10) May 9 txguyscott 64
Westcliff beautification and HOA May 9 Westcliff HOA 1
looking for tar May 6 sickboy89 1
More from around the web

Amarillo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]