JetBlue captain: 'They're going to ta...

JetBlue captain: 'They're going to take us down'

There are 25 comments on the WTEN-TV Albany story from Mar 27, 2012, titled JetBlue captain: 'They're going to take us down'. In it, WTEN-TV Albany reports that:

Officials remove baggage from JetBlue flight 191 and begin searching for explosives at Amarillo Rick Husband International Airport in Amarillo, Texas, Tuesday, March 27, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTEN-TV Albany.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#1 Mar 27, 2012
He may have been in combat....for many it plays on the mind..some times for years.nothing happens..Then BONKERS!...The other incident of a guy going nuts,may be combat related also.....

Then again go to any hyway and experience or observe ROAD RAGE!!More to find out!!
Eastern Scab Pilot

South Richmond Hill, NY

#2 Mar 27, 2012
Are they hiring direct entry captain positions yet?

I want to assume my rightful position as a SENIOR Captain at Jet Blue.

I need the currency before I take the job at American as a B-777 Captain, when the next strike comes.

What was his seniority number! Any bids out yet!
OldCapt

Denver, CO

#3 Mar 27, 2012
Just like the flight attendant who went bonkers. Must be the blue cookies.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#4 Mar 27, 2012
proof that terrorism works.
:/

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#5 Mar 27, 2012
OldCapt wrote:
Just like the flight attendant who went bonkers. Must be the blue cookies.
Something strange is going on. I don't remember but was the flight attendant from the same airline?

They say he was frothing at the mouth. That doesn't sound like an anxiety attack to me. It had to be the most frightening thing for the passengers. It also sounds similar to that Egyptian flight captain that went bonkers and took the plane down. It was flight 800 something, a couple of years ago.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6 Mar 27, 2012
Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>Something strange is going on. I don't remember but was the flight attendant from the same airline?
They say he was frothing at the mouth. That doesn't sound like an anxiety attack to me. It had to be the most frightening thing for the passengers. It also sounds similar to that Egyptian flight captain that went bonkers and took the plane down. It was flight 800 something, a couple of years ago.
The airline should at least pay for the cost of laundering everyone's underwear.
john carter

Carol Stream, IL

#7 Mar 27, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
He may have been in combat....for many it plays on the mind..some times for years.nothing happens..Then BONKERS!...The other incident of a guy going nuts,may be combat related also.....
Then again go to any hyway and experience or observe ROAD RAGE!!More to find out!!
NYJet wil win the super Bowl 47...dr. Bill frum NY is love to see this!! ;)
john carter

Carol Stream, IL

#8 Mar 27, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The airline should at least pay for the cost of laundering everyone's underwear.
g-string or thongee ;-000
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#9 Mar 27, 2012
Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>Something strange is going on. I don't remember but was the flight attendant from the same airline?
They say he was frothing at the mouth. That doesn't sound like an anxiety attack to me. It had to be the most frightening thing for the passengers. It also sounds similar to that Egyptian flight captain that went bonkers and took the plane down. It was flight 800 something, a couple of years ago.
It Was Flt. 990 31 October 1999, The flight was carrying 203 passengers....was crewed by 14 people

The cockpit voice recorder (CVR) recorded the Captain excusing himself to go to the lavatory, followed thirty seconds later by the First Officer saying in Egyptian Arabic "Tawkalt ala Allah", which translates to "I rely on God." A minute later, the autopilot was disengaged, immediately followed by the First Officer again saying, "I rely on God." Three seconds later, the throttles for both engines were reduced to idle, and both elevators were moved three degrees nose down. The First Officer repeated "I rely on God" seven more times before the Captain is suddenly heard to ask repeatedly, "What's happening, what's happening?" The flight data recorder reflected that the elevators then moved into a split condition, with the left elevator up and the right elevator down; a condition which is expected to result when the two control columns are subjected to at least 50 lbs of opposing force.[1] At this point, both engines were shut down by moving the start levers from run to cutoff. The Captain asked, "What is this? What is this? Did you shut the engines?" The First Officer did not respond. The Captain repeatedly stated, "Pull with me" but the FDR data indicated that the elevator surfaces remained in a split condition (with the left surface commanding nose up and the right surface commanding nose down) until the FDR and CVR stopped recording. There were no other aircraft in the area. There was no indication that an explosion occurred on board. The engines operated normally for the entire flight until they were shut down. From the presence of a western debris field about 1,200 feet (370 m) from the eastern debris field, the NTSB concluded that the left engine and some small pieces of wreckage separated from the airplane at some point before water impact.[1]
[edit] Search and rescue operations

The NTSB's final report was issued on 21 March 2002, after a two-year investigation, and concluded as follows:[1]

The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable cause of the EgyptAir flight 990 accident is the airplane's departure from normal cruise flight and subsequent impact with the Atlantic Ocean as a result of the relief first officer's flight control inputs. The reason for the relief first officer's actions was not determined.

At least two Egyptian newspapers, Al Gomhuria and Al-Musawar, offered theories that the aircraft was accidentally shot down by the U.S
DENG

Zhenjiang, China

#10 Mar 27, 2012
LAS VEGAS (AP)- Screaming "They're going to take us down!" a JetBlue pilot stormed through his plane rambling about a bomb and threats from Iraq Tuesday until passengers on the Las Vegas-bound flight tackled him to the ground just outside the cockpit, passengers said.

IT'S OBVIOUS HE TAKES THE UNITED STATES CORPORATE STATE MEDIA FICTION WRITERS SERIOUSLY.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 Mar 28, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The airline should at least pay for the cost of laundering everyone's underwear.
LOL! You got that right. I had to laugh when they interviewed the big Hispanic guy who placed the captain in a choke hold. He said the captain was hollering about "you're going down, like Iraq and al queda" and the Hispanic guy was like, no we're not! You're going down, lol.

Seriously though, wth is going on with pilots and stewardess? I can't recall anything like this ever happening other than the Egypt flight where that captain too was mumbling strange things before the plane went down. We've got to get to the bottom of this. I don't think these are isolated incidents.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#12 Mar 28, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
<quoted text>
It Was Flt. 990 31 October 1999, The flight was carrying 203 passengers....was crewed by 14 people
The cockpit voice recorder (CVR) recorded the Captain excusing himself to go to the lavatory, followed thirty seconds later by the First Officer saying in Egyptian Arabic "Tawkalt ala Allah", which translates to "I rely on God." A minute later, the autopilot was disengaged, immediately followed by the First Officer again saying, "I rely on God." Three seconds later, the throttles for both engines were reduced to idle, and both elevators were moved three degrees nose down. The First Officer repeated "I rely on God" seven more times before the Captain is suddenly heard to ask repeatedly, "What's happening, what's happening?" The flight data recorder reflected that the elevators then moved into a split condition, with the left elevator up and the right elevator down; a condition which is expected to result when the two control columns are subjected to at least 50 lbs of opposing force.[1] At this point, both engines were shut down by moving the start levers from run to cutoff. The Captain asked, "What is this? What is this? Did you shut the engines?" The First Officer did not respond. The Captain repeatedly stated, "Pull with me" but the FDR data indicated that the elevator surfaces remained in a split condition (with the left surface commanding nose up and the right surface commanding nose down) until the FDR and CVR stopped recording. There were no other aircraft in the area. There was no indication that an explosion occurred on board. The engines operated normally for the entire flight until they were shut down. From the presence of a western debris field about 1,200 feet (370 m) from the eastern debris field, the NTSB concluded that the left engine and some small pieces of wreckage separated from the airplane at some point before water impact.[1]
[edit] Search and rescue operations
The NTSB's final report was issued on 21 March 2002, after a two-year investigation, and concluded as follows:[1]
The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable cause of the EgyptAir flight 990 accident is the airplane's departure from normal cruise flight and subsequent impact with the Atlantic Ocean as a result of the relief first officer's flight control inputs. The reason for the relief first officer's actions was not determined.
At least two Egyptian newspapers, Al Gomhuria and Al-Musawar, offered theories that the aircraft was accidentally shot down by the U.S
Thanks for this. I remember getting chills when hearing about this incident. It was so strange. Do you notice similarities in the behavior of the captain in this recent incident? Both normal until they get into the cockpit then they start acting nuts! I mean, wth is going on. Same thing with the stewardess.

This really needs to be looked into. These people act as if they're programmed, hyponotized or possessed. Something is definitely off about these incidents.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#13 Mar 28, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
He may have been in combat....for many it plays on the mind..some times for years.nothing happens..Then BONKERS!...The other incident of a guy going nuts,may be combat related also.....
Then again go to any hyway and experience or observe ROAD RAGE!!More to find out!!
Yeah, people are snapping out, but there are hints with most of the flip outs. You don't normally hear about airline captains and stewardesses flipping out on airplanes. These people are highly professional and I am sure if they were acting strange before hand, their co-workers would have noticed it and reported it. I mean, their lives would be in jepoardy too. They're not going to cover or hide strange behavior because flying a plane is some serious stuff.

Then you have the wife saying he suffered from anxiety attacks and I am like, wth? I mean, hello! He's got anxiety but you're not going to tell anyone and let him fly a plane? I've known people to have anxiety attack, they panick, they can't breathe but they don't froth at the mouth. It was like the man was having a seizure. Furthermore what's Iran or Iraq or bombs got to do with it? It's similar to what the stewardess said before she went bonkers.
Angry White United Pilot

New Haven, CT

#14 Mar 28, 2012
The American public are morans who want cheap and plentiful flights.

Then there outraged that a non-union pilot (yesterday) and a flight attendant (last year), working for a scumbag airline like Jet Blue that pays minimum wages, and no benifits to its employees, comes apart at 35,000 feet.

Hello...wake up America, you can't have it both ways, something has to break! Like the airline employees.

Stupid A holes!
Rich Black Fedex Pilot

Puyallup, WA

#15 Mar 28, 2012
Angry White United Pilot wrote:
The American public are morans who want cheap and plentiful flights.
Then there outraged that a non-union pilot (yesterday) and a flight attendant (last year), working for a scumbag airline like Jet Blue that pays minimum wages, and no benifits to its employees, comes apart at 35,000 feet.
Hello...wake up America, you can't have it both ways, something has to break! Like the airline employees.
Stupid A holes!
I'll bet he's a Republican. Probably a devout bible reading Christian too. It's what happens when you spend your life ignorant and paranoid about people of color that are willing to work harder than you are.
Rich Black Fedex Pilot

Puyallup, WA

#16 Mar 28, 2012
Angry White United Pilot wrote:
The American public are morans who want cheap and plentiful flights.
Then there outraged that a non-union pilot (yesterday) and a flight attendant (last year), working for a scumbag airline like Jet Blue that pays minimum wages, and no benifits to its employees, comes apart at 35,000 feet.
Hello...wake up America, you can't have it both ways, something has to break! Like the airline employees.
Stupid A holes!
I hit the nail on the head. " http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/jetblue-c... ;

Here's the quote that says it all for me: "A grandfather, devout Christian and conservative Republican, his Facebook page lists two activities:“Working Hard” and “Praising God.”"

Looks like we finally get to start profiling conservative religious crazy white people. Been giving my people fits for 500 years. Nuff said.
Guess Who

Winnemucca, NV

#17 Mar 28, 2012
What happened to terrorist free....

Karol

Czeladz, Poland

#18 Mar 28, 2012
USA, you see what is going on with your citizens, it is everything thanks to all this media, who put bs in your heads.
This guy was completely insane. He run and has shouted that Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran and others al-qaeada an Bin Laden attack him in cockpit and he has naturally defeated them and he wants naturally now the medaille of honour. Only these terrorists on the board were break to achieve full success, normally he would win with these another guys from Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan.
You see now what is going on with your people and it is just blameof your dumbasist politicians and media.
Karol

Czeladz, Poland

#19 Mar 28, 2012
Rich Black Fedex Pilot wrote:
<quoted text> I'll bet he's a Republican. Probably a devout bible reading Christian too. It's what happens when you spend your life ignorant and paranoid about people of color that are willing to work harder than you are.
And he supports Mitt or Santorum or Gingrich. These three have electorateof wired and paranoiac type.
The only normal is Ron Paul. It is really a problem when candidate is normal, but electorate not.
Rich Black Fedex Pilot

Puyallup, WA

#20 Mar 28, 2012
Karol wrote:
<quoted text>
And he supports Mitt or Santorum or Gingrich. These three have electorateof wired and paranoiac type.
The only normal is Ron Paul. It is really a problem when candidate is normal, but electorate not.
I heard these great Polish electorate stories. How about the Pollack that had to study 5 days for his urine test? Then there's the time that Polish airliner crashed in to a cemetery. Polish officials reported recovering 2000 bodies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amarillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Castor Pollux dog food alert Jan 11 No more castor ... 2
Looking for a good time tonight Jan 8 Oprah Winfrey 2
trying hard to confirm a rumor about big john h... (Jul '08) Jan 1 Billie welty 30
Surname "Reed" Dec 26 Adriansnana2014 1
shelly buckaloo (Oct '16) Dec '17 Sissy-lala 3
Review: Adult Video Gallery-Paramount (Oct '11) Nov '17 bob john 14
News Happy VFD uses $200K grant to replace 1985 tanker Nov '17 Jerry Sims 1

Amarillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Amarillo Mortgages