Alcohol Suspected In Fairfield Co. Crash That Killed Teen | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

Full story: 10TV WBNS

The Ohio State Highway Patrol said alcohol is a suspected factor in a crash that left a teenage girl dead.
Comments
1 - 20 of 61 Comments Last updated Aug 8, 2011
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
DUI is bad

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Judged:

When I was young, my parents told me a million times the dangers of drinking and driving. Add to that, my own common sense about picking friends who knew not to drink and drive (because THEIR parents explained to them the dangers of drunk driving) and the end result, neither myself or any of my friends died while riding around.
Last time I checked, it was illegal for anyone under 21 to consume alcohol (let alone buy it) so where did the driver get his alcohol?
tired

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Judged:

My thoughts and prayers to all the people left behind to mourn this young girl. I'm sure they are all heartbroken. I'm so sorry for your loss.
BizzyBee

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Judged:

There is no excuse for drinking underage.
Call a parent if the driver is drunk if you hang around with drinkers.
No excuses.
Your life depends on it!
JackCa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Judged:

Sorry to read about the young girl's death.
Devastating to her family and the boy responsible.
I don't know the answer how to stop this driving under the influence but the older I get, I don't see anything good about alcohol.
It just destroys lives.

“Time traveler”

Since: Apr 10

At large

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Judged:

JackCa wrote:
Sorry to read about the young girl's death.
Devastating to her family and the boy responsible.
I don't know the answer how to stop this driving under the influence but the older I get, I don't see anything good about alcohol.
It just destroys lives.
You appear to be a caring person that is smart to boot.

You are not really from Texas, are you?
blah

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Judged:

The kid's parents should go to jail. There needs to be stricter policies on kids drinking and driving.
mommy1

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Judged:

blah wrote:
The kid's parents should go to jail. There needs to be stricter policies on kids drinking and driving.
I do believe that upon turning 18 a "kid" turns to an "adult". Putting a 19 year old parents in jail is how u solve this?? Come on...he is an adult!
so sad

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Judged:

I was lucky enough to survive being thrown from a car at 15, alcohol was not a factor, just my own stupidity. My accident remains fresh in my mind to this day.

My prayers go out to the family and friends of this girl.
Junction City resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Judged:

It is a very sad day when a young person dies and never gets to experience her life - she was a part of my family and it will never be fully known now why she got into that car - there was no drugs or alcohol found in her body based on initial reports - that is my peace, if there is any to be gained here. Please pray for our family as well as all the others involved.
concerned cit

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Judged:

ill tell you how they got it they bought it. when i was that age (not too long ago i could just about go to any store owned by immigrants and buy it there is a marathon on north bridge street in chillicothe where i got mine they dont care who they sell it too at all. i just hope this stops because kids drink because it is so easy to get.. flat out thats it and no matter what you do it will allways be that easy as long as these immigrants dont have to pay taxes for 10 years and after that 10 years is up they just sell the buisness to a family member who just came here and so on and so on.. they just dont care and neither does anyone else they are just trying to make money and selling beer to kids is another dollar in their pocket
Jesus

Tiffin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Judged:

don't drink and drive
From the Powell Bubble

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Judged:

concerned cit wrote:
ill tell you how they got it they bought it. when i was that age (not too long ago i could just about go to any store owned by immigrants and buy it there is a marathon on north bridge street in chillicothe where i got mine they dont care who they sell it too at all. i just hope this stops because kids drink because it is so easy to get.. flat out thats it and no matter what you do it will allways be that easy as long as these immigrants dont have to pay taxes for 10 years and after that 10 years is up they just sell the buisness to a family member who just came here and so on and so on.. they just dont care and neither does anyone else they are just trying to make money and selling beer to kids is another dollar in their pocket
Add the Marathon on Sawmill Parkway in Powell to the list of same owners and practices. Probabaly relatives to the ones in Chillicothie.

So very very sorry for the loss of your sweet girl.
Hippie73

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Judged:

blah wrote:
It is so easy in this country to hold some else to blame for the actions of another. It wasn't the parents decision to drink and drive, it was the kid's. He and he alone is responsible for his actions. It's about time people in this country take responsibility for their own actions. QUIT WHINING. MAN OR WOMAN UP FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS!!!!!
Hater

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Judged:

Lives ruined at such a young due to ignorance of alcohol. It will never make you more cool or macho to go a drink then drive. Live life to the fullest and do it sober.
Love

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

My heart goes to her family. Everyone in the car with her is going to have a hard time because they were all close friends and its gonna keep flashing back for the rest of there life. Your all in my prayers.
truth hurts

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Judged:

blah wrote:
The driver was i9, are you freakin' brain damaged!?
truth hurts

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

19 I meant oops!
a friend of theirs

Zanesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Love wrote:
My heart goes to her family. Everyone in the car with her is going to have a hard time because they were all close friends and its gonna keep flashing back for the rest of there life. Your all in my prayers.
Hey thanks for keeping them in your prayers i was a very good friend with most of them. You are a very kind person. This is going to be hard on them. And no matter their bad habits they are great people.
so sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Love wrote:
keep flashing back for the rest of their lifes? sorry but this is going to give them more of a reason to drink so they dont have to live with it. i dont think that this is a lesson for any of the teens and im sure that they will not learn from this. they are still kids and they dont the dangers of drinking "with or without driving". prayers and thoughts go out to the family. sorry for your loss.
Cousin of driver

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Judged:

The boy driving was my cousin. And why he decided to drive if alcohol was involved, is beyond me. Because he's a really great kid...well guy and it killed and still is shocking me to hear this. I pray for her parents, family members, friends and everyone in that car. This is a terrible tragedy and unbelievable. To those saying the parents should go to jail, all I have to say is you can burn in hell. Because that's my aunt and uncle and they're great people themselves. And they had nothing to do with that, he IS an adult. And I really pray nothing is in his system and that he'll be just fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Amanda Discussions

Search the Amanda Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 18 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,165
How big is the biggest member you ever had 45 min evil 2
crystal davis 4 hr evil 18
hot to: drug sales 11 hr sickofit 6
jon potsy johnson passed away 12 hr eggsalad 34
"Christians" packing the restaurants after chur... (Feb '14) 12 hr omg 209
I seen kylie last night 13 hr andy miller piller 1
•••
•••
•••
Amanda Dating

more search filters

less search filters