Woman's body found at Bryan Beach

Apr 3, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Facts

Beach-goers looking to enjoy Good Friday on Bryan Beach instead spent the afternoon calling 911 and watching the body of a 24-year-old Alvin woman being pulled from a pool of water.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Feb 16, 2012
concerned local

Houston, TX

#1 Apr 6, 2010
Im an avid beach goer, as are many of my friends and family. Living 10 min from the beach, its just what you do.... I hear of people, every year almost, dying at this beach. Most like to go to a popular spot, simply called "The Mouth", many dont know it is known that because it is the mouth of the Brazos River. It is very deep and very turbulent. Strong undertows are common, it is a great fishing spot and that is how most end up drowning. I dont know what happened in this instance, but i am told that this woman was found right where my family and friends usually hang out at, our "spot", if you will. it is a very tragic happening and all i can offer is advice, if you dont know what your doing at the beach please be cautious, be aware that there may be conditions that you may not have the knowledge of. check local weather and surf reports, if accessible, go online and get buoy conditions, most cell phone today can get you this information. Also all should use the buddy system, have someone else there that can help if you get in trouble or vice versa. stay alert and most importantly, stay alive!
Anonymous

Galveston, TX

#2 Apr 6, 2010
I believe I know what happened here - I used to work with the girl who was found. She apparently was into drugs of some sort and she was found w/ a brick tied around her waist. I believe she was "snitching" on some of the drug dealers and users and they found out. Sad story, I worked with her several years ago. She had one child then, but I was told she had two at the time of her death.
anonymous

Friendswood, TX

#3 Apr 6, 2010
The woman found here used to be my bestfriend growing up. She had some problems with drugs as an adult, and reports say she did snitch on someone that ended them in jail. There were threats on her life thereafter. She was a great person and will be greatly missed. No matter what she did, she did not deserve to die the way she did, and her killer will be found and brought to justice.
anonymous

Houston, TX

#4 Apr 18, 2010
I heard she had snitched and had threats on her life too. The police should follow that main lead and not accuse, threaten, and unjustly do things to people who have no imformation on her death and was not by far the last to see her. The detectives should be ashamed of themselves and the way they treat innocent people. I pray the truth on what happen to her comes out and justice is served. I don't see the detectives paying any apologies for their behavor and treatment to innocent people.
so sad

Friendswood, TX

#5 Oct 22, 2010
I really feel for her mother and two children. Hope justice is brought soon!
Louisianabottomb itch

Opelousas, LA

#6 Feb 16, 2012
Whats new on this story? Who was the women?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alvin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 58 min Defiant1 22,267
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Becky Martinez 17,855
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 13 hr Gasman 663
cervelle homes, lakeland community, manvel Wed Sara 1
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
Chiropractor Aug 22 Denise 1
•••

Alvin News Video

•••
•••

Alvin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Alvin People Search