marijuana and pregnancy
michelle

Charleston, WV

#1 Jun 26, 2012
What is your opinion on this? I personally feel that it is irresponsible to smoke pot while pregnant.
sydney

Charleston, WV

#2 Jun 28, 2012
michelle wrote:
What is your opinion on this? I personally feel that it is irresponsible to smoke pot while pregnant.
I agree. Why would anyone subject their unborn child to that? And people who do drugs around their kids are evil.
joey

Charleston, WV

#3 Jul 1, 2012
Leave the potheads alone and let em have a bunch of retarded baby's that my tax dollars will pay for!!!

Since: Mar 11

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Jul 1, 2012
joey wrote:
Leave the potheads alone and let em have a bunch of retarded baby's that my tax dollars will pay for!!!
Thats kinda rude to say about the poor babies. It's not their fault ! Dumb*ss
1 post removed

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Aug 11, 2012
http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/medical/...

Although no positive or negative neurobehavioral effects of prenatal exposure were found at 3 days of life using the Brazelton examination, there were significant differences between the exposed and nonexposed neonates at the end of the first month. Comparing the two groups, the neonates of mothers who used marijuana showed better physiological stability at 1 month and required less examiner facilitation to reach an organized state and become available for social stimulation. The results of the comparison of neonates of the heavy-marijuana-using mothers and those of the nonusing mothers were even more striking. The heavily exposed neonates were more socially responsive and were more autonomically stable at 30 days than their matched counterparts. The quality of their alertness was higher; their motor and autonomic systems were more robust; they were less irritable; they were less likely to demonstrate any imbalance of tone; they needed less examiner facilitation to become organized; they had better self-regulation; and were judged to be more rewarding for caregivers than the neonates of nonusing mothers at 1 month of age.

Charleston, WV

#7 Oct 11, 2012
I'm all for legalizing it but I wouldn't take any chances with an unborn baby.
bob

Oakvale, WV

#8 Oct 11, 2012
don't drink or smoke cigs, weed, crack, or meth with while prego. call cps if you see this. no pills either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alum Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cliffside? (Nov '10) 3 hr Five 117
Comer is my hero! Fri Tell us more 5
Ac prostitution Fri Tom Clark 13
Duane tackett Fri Tom Clark 16
Kevin Comer hosting Free Movie Night @ the Ol' ... Mar 23 Emmit Smith 4
Hey a**hole Mar 22 Elmer 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Mar 22 cabin creek Cu m 4,010

Alum Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance