Check this out
Concerned Citizen

Weatherford, TX

#1 May 24, 2014
Vernon Record

In 1984 a 14-year girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by a trusted youth minister in a closet of a Vernon church. Nearly 30 years later, following decades of therapy, the now grown woman confronted her alleged abuser through police assistance. The preacher, a renowned minister operating youth church camps in Alaska and Oklahoma, allegedly asked forgiveness from the victim on a wiretap -- but she was stunned to find the statute of limitations had expired and the case was closed.

Police documents and recordings obtained by the Vernon Daily Record, with the consent of the alleged victim, show that investigators interviewed numerous witnesses and possible victims in pursuing a sexual assault case against Rev. Zane Newton, former youth minister at Calvary Baptist Church in Vernon.

The joint investigation by the Vernon Police Dept. and Wilbarger County District Attorney’s Office included one victim confronting Newton. But the investigation was shut down with Det. Mickey Allen and DA Investigator Jeff Case ending their report on Aug. 29, 2013 stating,“This case will be closed due to the fact that the statue of limitations has expired for prosecution of Zane Newton for the offense of Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child.”

The rest of the article is here.

http://www.vernonrecord.com/55955/1854/breaki...
Thank you

Tulsa, OK

#2 May 24, 2014
There are people out there so ignorant that will believe he is innocent because formal charges were not brought against him.

There are investigated guilty people walking the streets every day because a certain level of proof couldn't be reached and/or a statute of limitations.

Investigated+ no charges does not equal innocence

If no charges will be brought, at least it's public knowledge
Concerned Citizen

Weatherford, TX

#3 May 24, 2014
More from the article. It looks like he admitted it.

On the recording, she told Newton that her counselor told her she needed to file a report with the police and asked Newton what he thought she should do. Newton replied:

“Well, you know I can’t … uhh … obviously I can’t, uhhh, I would hope after… uhhh… you know, I wish you wouldn’t. I really can’t tell you… I have no right to ask you not to. Does that make sense?” Templeton replied “yes.”

Templeton then told Newton that she still had a coat with his semen on it and asked if she should get rid of it. Newton replied:“I don’t think… I don’t think…uhmmmm…. I don’t think I have a right to ask you that …. I would like for you to …. I want to be clear of this too…. You know …. I don’t want to be a burden to you. I don’t want to be a chain around you in your spirit and in your heart. There was a lot more good things and God type things in our lives than Zane’s sinfulness … and my not treating you like the lady God created you to be. I was weak and vulnerable and I didn’t take care of you. I didn’t lead you in those moments of weakness. You know I don’t know other than being able to tell you, I’m not that fellow.”

Newton then asked her not to repeat “that stuff to anyone.”

Templeton replied:“You mean you don’t want me to tell anyone?”

Newton replied he had only told his “accountability people” and it should not be repeated in public.“For me to ask you to get rid of the jacket is like asking you to cover for me and I don’t want you to cover for me. But at the same time I would hope that maybe, by the grace of the lord and the grace from your heart, that not only would you forgive me, but help us put this in a place it’s supposed to be and a very dead and distance … away from us … and not let our enemy have any victory in … any more.. in my life or your life for sure.”

She then asked if God intended for the abuse to happen to her. Newton said he did not think intend was the right word but obviously God allows things to happen.

Newton said he felt “really ashamed “ and “really bad” for what happened. Newton then asked her if she intended to press charges against him. Templeton stated she did not know. Newton stated he “just did not want to give Satan that kind of victory.”
Thank you

Tulsa, OK

#4 May 24, 2014
Thank you wrote:
There are people out there so ignorant that will believe he is innocent because formal charges were not brought against him.
There are investigated guilty people walking the streets every day because a certain level of proof couldn't be reached and/or a statute of limitations.
Investigated+ no charges does not equal innocence
If no charges will be brought, at least it's public knowledge
P.S. I hope his " accountability partners" are exposed as well.
Thank you

Tulsa, OK

#5 May 24, 2014
I just read the full article. It makes me sick that others were aware of this and didn't come forward.
VICTOMS MOTHER

Weatherford, TX

#6 May 27, 2014
There were at least 6 girls in Vernon Tx that Zane Newton Molested while serving as their youth pastor...I know of several girls that Zane Newton molested while serving as their youth pastor at First Baptist Altus Ok. Zane Newton was asked to resign from the Board of Super Summer Camp Oklahoma because he MOLESTED yet another girl. The Attorney for the Super Summer Board advised the Board Members to make him resign and never speak of it again. They just swept it under the rug. They allowed Kandy Newton to stay on the Board although she knows of his molesting all these girls. Someone has to come forward that the statute of limitation has not expired. Zane Newton has to be stopped. Please Please help stop Zane Newton from continuing to MOLEST young girls. How many more young girls lives is he going to destroy. Help put PEDOPHILE ZANE NEWTON where he belongs.
Creepy

Harrison, AR

#7 Jun 2, 2014
I know this guy. If I'm not mistaken, 1984 would have put him in his late 20's early 30's. yuck !
Just Observing

Yukon, OK

#8 Jun 30, 2014
I didn't know there was a statute of limitations on pedophile rapists. Thanks for the information.

If we can't or don't protect our children then who will?
Very Concerned

Arlington, TX

#9 Jul 21, 2014
I am responding to the Victims Mother. I totally agree and stand by you in the fact that Zane Newton must be stopped. I am very concerned due to the fact that Zane hides behind the cross and is molesting children. I believe he has been doing this for a very long time. I personally know of 3 women who have come forward that he assaulted in High School. Somehow the word has got to get out and victims need to come forward so Zane can be stopped. We must protect the children from him.
former youth group member

Wichita Falls, TX

#10 Jul 31, 2014
I applaud Kenya for coming forward. I was in that youth group. He never did anything to me but I always knew there was something off with him and I never trusted him. He made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I hope he gets what he deserves. God bless all the girls that he violated and molested. His wife should really be ashamed of herself. She has to know that he was guilty and stood by his side that is just as guilty!
No protection no justice

Tulsa, OK

#12 Aug 5, 2014
There is no justice in this system of ours. I know of a boy who has more than one family member have an incestuous relationship with him. The only protection the boy has is a protective order. The pervs are free to molest more.
No protection no justice

Tulsa, OK

#13 Aug 5, 2014
And it's pretty sickening because the grand kids molest each other. Justice will be done eventually
That guy

Tahlequah, OK

#15 May 4, 2016
You people are idiots. Gossip controls you so much. Not only did you believe this outrageous lie told by Kenya, but you then began to spread more vicious bullshit! You just can't help yourselves can you? You people really will say whatever to get attention.
That guy

Tahlequah, OK

#16 May 4, 2016
VICTOMS MOTHER wrote:
There were at least 6 girls in Vernon Tx that Zane Newton Molested while serving as their youth pastor...I know of several girls that Zane Newton molested while serving as their youth pastor at First Baptist Altus Ok. Zane Newton was asked to resign from the Board of Super Summer Camp Oklahoma because he MOLESTED yet another girl. The Attorney for the Super Summer Board advised the Board Members to make him resign and never speak of it again. They just swept it under the rug. They allowed Kandy Newton to stay on the Board although she knows of his molesting all these girls. Someone has to come forward that the statute of limitation has not expired. Zane Newton has to be stopped. Please Please help stop Zane Newton from continuing to MOLEST young girls. How many more young girls lives is he going to destroy. Help put PEDOPHILE ZANE NEWTON where he belongs.
You're a liar. You don't know a single girl. If there were, he'd be in jail. Guess what? The guy isn't in jail. Zero evidence. Zero facts to support the news article. You're an idiot for carrying this lie forward.
No BS

United States

#17 May 4, 2016
That guy wrote:
<quoted text>

You're a liar. You don't know a single girl. If there were, he'd be in jail. Guess what? The guy isn't in jail. Zero evidence. Zero facts to support the news article. You're an idiot for carrying this lie forward.
You must be Zane Newton!
That guy

Dallas, TX

#18 May 14, 2017
No BS wrote:
<quoted text>

You must be Zane Newton!
lol if you believe Zane would have anything to do with a random internet message board, then you're flat out retarded.

But you also believe Kenya, so it's probably an accurate statement

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Free car seat safety event scheduled - Sep 22 aintnew 1
For Mike Schulz Sep 16 As I see it 1
ROBERT ESQUIVAL who is his girl Sep 8 Michelle 1
Charles Inge aka Chuck Inge Sep 5 here ya go 2
Angelica Willis Aug 30 MangumSucks 4
cotton season fu n Aug 30 nine 1
Jennifer Brown Aug '17 Justwhoiam 2

Altus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance