Teen awaiting trail on a rape charge found dead in jail cell

Mar 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Altus Times

Trent Davis, 19, of Mangum, who was awaiting trail on a rape charge, was found dead in his jail cell Thursday evening.

Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated Jul 25, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
What

Altus, OK

#1 Mar 25, 2012
Hope his family gets a good attorney... It won't bring him back but Jackson County needs to pay...
Slowride

Altus, OK

#2 Mar 25, 2012
For what? The kid was a POS that chose to end his life. Jackson County didn't make the kid drive drunk. Nor did they make him rape a 13 year old.

We are all better off without him.
Susie

Arlington, TX

#3 Mar 25, 2012
1st of all yes he made a stupid mistake by drinking & driving. 2nd of all he wasn't found guilty of rape. Heaven forbid u make a mistake. U shouldn't judge others .think of others before u open your mouth & state mean & hateful things.
Choices

Forest Lake, MN

#4 Mar 25, 2012
This young man made choices…selfish choices…from the choice to drive impaired, the choice to violate probation, the choice (‘allegedly’) to commit violent rape, and sadly, even the choice to commit suicide. These were all choices…choices this man made…selfish choices…He made these choices. His motivation and mental reasoning for his final choice is known, truly, only to him (suicide is not an indicator of remorse). He has not only punished and hurt two victims and their families…he has punished his own family who must now live with the choices he made.

My heart is sad for this man’s family for no parent should have to bury their child. I understand that despite his terrible and atrocious choices, it does not necessarily change how family feels for another family member. All that being said, everything that happened that lead to the events of that night, were a result of choices that this young man made, His choices, selfish choices.
Gayla Stowe

Dallas, TX

#7 Mar 25, 2012
Susie wrote:
1st of all yes he made a stupid mistake by drinking & driving. 2nd of all he wasn't found guilty of rape. Heaven forbid u make a mistake. U shouldn't judge others .think of others before u open your mouth & state mean & hateful things.
thank you for your kind words and not judging him as everyone thinks they need to bc they are heartless and have no respect for others they will answer to the man up stairs one day and hopefully they will find a place in there heart to forgive I stead of being disrespectful not that we owe anyone anything as they think we do
Gayla Stowe

Dallas, TX

#8 Mar 25, 2012
What wrote:
Hope his family gets a good attorney... It won't bring him back but Jackson County needs to pay...
there's no excuse what happen they are just as responsible for his death there no reason why they didn't catch what happen he had cameras in his cell so yes there will be something done about it
Gayla Stowe

Dallas, TX

#10 Mar 25, 2012
Plastiqman wrote:
Dead is cheaper than trial, the victim survives as do the families. I hope they can find peace that was shattered by a selfish kid. No tears for him, he got what he wanted.
Believe me we don't need your tears or pitty nor your opinion of putting a dead child down no parent should have to bury there child no matter what the cause is once again your negativity isn't need just think how you'd feel if it were your child everyone has there own opionion but no matter how you feel if this was your child I'm guessing you'd be the type turn your back and not care about your child sad of you ask me
Gayla Stowe

Dallas, TX

#14 Mar 25, 2012
Plastiqman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not ask you a thing....
actully he is my nephew do u have a problem with it
Brian Stowe

Dallas, TX

#15 Mar 25, 2012
Plastiqman wrote:
Dead is cheaper than trial, the victim survives as do the families. I hope they can find peace that was shattered by a selfish kid. No tears for him, he got what he wanted.
You have no clue what he wanted and while y'all are so quick to judge someone I would be willing to bet y'all have probly made those very same decisions but maybe didn't have a wreck and the younger girl may not have told her family she was going to church camp but instead out running the streets and finally had no choice but to go home and what happened from there they have to live with that but you have more right to have an opinion than I I just ask you show my family little respect for we've done nothing to you and keep the negative opinions to yourself
Gayla Stowe

Dallas, TX

#18 Mar 25, 2012
Plastiqman wrote:
Why not do something for the victim instead of claiming to know what is in the mind of complete strangers?
ok there u go your a complete stranger so what makes you think you have any right of judging a boy you know nothing about besides what you read
Gayla Stowe

Dallas, TX

#20 Mar 25, 2012
Plastiqman wrote:
Nope, the kid is dead. Godd riddance
didn't think so selfish jerk now you should get off and go worry about your own instead of bashing a child you know nothing about
Gayla Stowe

Dallas, TX

#25 Mar 25, 2012
Plastiqman wrote:
Your nephew might have been on to something. Every cell should have a check out option. Save us all a lot of money.
wow I really hope you never go through losing a child muchless even have kids or lose a family member to such thing tnc obviously you are a heartless sad person
Brian Stowe

Dallas, TX

#31 Mar 25, 2012
Wow still running that mouth but to scared to come out from behind mr plastic man and make that call that cool name fits cause you make it very clear your as fake as they come and you have a heart the size of a field rat but if given the opportunity I'll stand accountable for my actions and words and will take a simple misdemeanor assault and battery to show you how to man up be willing to put yourself out there with that nonsense u keep talkin be willing to take consequences or the repercussions for yourself
Slowride

Altus, OK

#36 Mar 25, 2012
Ironic that the 'family' keeps claiming the kid was good and just made mistakes. Thats called enabling. Instead of calling it what he really is, you just emphasize with his issues as if the things he did were really not that big of a deal.

Good Grief

Altus, OK

#43 Mar 25, 2012
The innocent( both 13 yr olds) should have been protected by their parents. Why were they allowed to be in harmful situations.It doesn't excuse his behavior,but if we don't protect our children who will. nobody
Susie

Arlington, TX

#45 Mar 25, 2012
Plastiqman wrote:
<quoted text>
He killed himself before they could try him...what is hateful about the facts?
I was talking about what slowride said about 12 hours ago. It was rude & un called for.
Susie

Arlington, TX

#46 Mar 25, 2012
Plastiqman wrote:
Bad parenting all around it seems, but one common denominator was that scumbag Trent Davis. No excuse
I think you need to get off your high horse & stop judging him. You r not God ! He was a human being not a scum bag . He had to pay for the mistakes he made every day with in hisself. He's dead ! Please keep your rude & un wanted comments to yourself.
Alex

United States

#50 Mar 27, 2012
Plastic man..... you're a coward. You sure can say a whole lot so why dont you say who you are. You are so quick to judge others... I bet I could dig up some dirt on you. You aren't perfect. You're not God. Yeah, you may know some big words but that doesn't make you a big man. Nor always right. Were you in his shoes when he made these actions? No... You just go off hear-say and that makes you foolish. A life was lost. Yes, he killed himself and he made mistakes like the rest of the world (that includes you) but that doesn't mean his family and friends should be numb to his death. Don't get mad and defensive because his family is sticking up for him... what you are saying is cruel. I think any family would say the same about their family member... would you not?
Sad Situation

United States

#73 Mar 27, 2012
This entire situation is very heartbreaking. No one wins in situations like these. Even though this young man had his share of troubles, you must think of the other two girls in the situation. For one, where are you when your 13 year old daughter wants to go out drinking with an older guy. Secondly, where are you when your child is supposed to be at Falls Creek and instead gets caught and yells rape. I am on the fence about all of it. These children have parents, who love them. Please stop bashing Trent. Allow the kid to rest in peace. As for Gayla and Brian, they love Trent, and they are family. You are supposed to live your family. That doesn't make them bad or wrong people. I have family that I am not particularly proud of, but if something happened to them, I would be upset. People are entitled to their own feelings. Please just keep your negative, mean, and hateful words to yourself. Thank you. RIP TRENT
mommat

United States

#74 Mar 27, 2012
Thx 4 comment above sad situatuon

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 6 min Gustoffl 2,631
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 16 min Donnie 75,151
Work FORCE 21 hr cacahuete 1
Co-parenting (Jun '13) Aug 25 Fathers rights 32
Lion King Aug 22 reveen 5
Illegal drug use ruined my family Aug 21 Elise Renee Ginge... 4
Respect Aug 21 Elise Renee Ginge... 2
•••
•••
•••

Altus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••