Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Bud

United States

#74034 Jul 18, 2014
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama can't solve the problem, Obama the problem. The only solution he can offer is to resign immediately as the failure he has been. The stupid SOB can't even run a simple hot-dog stand.
Oh he's the problem but I think Valerie Jarrett is the one running things while Barack Obama does the only thing he's good at campaigning he's been on constant campaign mode before he became president and never stopped 6 years later.

"looks like it may be a terrible tragedy".....

This is Obama's comment right after notification of 295 being killed when I heard it I couldn't believe in his warped mind 295 people lost their lives and he thought there "may" be a terrible tragedy. It's a tragedy Barack.

Before Karen jumps in and screeches the death count is 298 I know I heard there were 3 babies killed this morning senselessly as well.
Bud

United States

#74035 Jul 18, 2014
LOL Wingnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why your party is doomed. and people HATE you wingnuts...
You can't exist without lying at the same time calling yourself a Christian..
Mental illness masked as political argument..no wonder you lying wingnuts pick up daily name change to post this kind of crap..
The only party Sid mentioned was the party you and Ray had 26 years ago Karen. Mentioning HATE Karen have you not noticed how everyone including democrats like, Dusty, WMCOL, JAG, Dee, Mistygirl, TAMARA and I'm sure many more don't seem to care for you much either, lol.

Name change? Oh please Karen you really didn't go there did you?

LMAO
Bud

United States

#74036 Jul 18, 2014
Sid wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 70's we were supposed to be going through a ice age then alarmist said oh no it's global warming but somehow all the mean temps show that is not the case.
But Karen your insurance rates on your home and business will probably be going up since the recent revamping the risk for your home and business. Feel better now something for you to be alarmed about....
Global warming is a hoax and they had great plans to make huge mega profits off panic. Al Gore, the inventor of the internet (lol) had planned to make his next 100 million off of that for his retirement years. EPA regulations are nothing but a power grab so certain people can make a filthy profit while keeping regular citizens hands tied behind their backs in lost of freedom.

Yep saw the 'increase risk' assessment and you can bet the insurances are going to ask for a 'necessary' increase which they will get. Sorry for those in the target zone I thank goodness are in the clear.
Bud

United States

#74037 Jul 18, 2014
LOL Wingnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Last word has abosolutly no Americans on board this flight..
Deranged ranting by someone who has a fatal case of Obama Derangement Syndrome..
They sure are crawling the wall on this thread...
No Karen you were wrong yet again something you have ignored your entire life how many times your mouth overloads your knowledge reservoir and out spills stupid and bullshittery.
LOL Wingnuts

Oklahoma City, OK

#74038 Jul 18, 2014
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
The only party Sid mentioned was the party you and Ray had 26 years ago Karen. Mentioning HATE Karen have you not noticed how everyone including democrats like, Dusty, WMCOL, JAG, Dee, Mistygirl, TAMARA and I'm sure many more don't seem to care for you much either, lol.
Name change? Oh please Karen you really didn't go there did you?
LMAO
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Tamara's a Dem. and JAG and all the other names on that list...

Their a Dem and vote Republican.....

Yes sir...your not a liar at all....

Misty Girl was Packing Heat's side kick for years...all one has to do is go back and look at the beginning of this thread...

Ha ha ha

Next you'll list Packing Heat as a Dem as well

Dems against gay...against really everything the Dem party stands for...

Cause you can't find a single post by any of them that's not against gays and gay marriage, a womans right to choose, Obamacare...civil rights..

Dusty...WMCOL ...sometimes would lean left....sometimes..

But find us a post by Tamara...Dee...Misty Girl...Jag....supporting Dem causes...

You never will...because they don't..

Give us a post with the number on that post...

LOL Wingnuts.
LOL Wingnuts

Oklahoma City, OK

#74039 Jul 18, 2014
Bud

Global climate change is happening whether you believe it or not..

So you can post all day and night denier junk...

But intelligent people well take the word of scientist....and their own eyes....

You deniers don't even understand the meaning of global....
Bud

United States

#74040 Jul 18, 2014
JPL wrote:
Most Voters Want to Send Latest Illegal Immigrants Home ASAP
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
46% Believe Obama Administration Has Encouraged Young Illegal Immigrants To Come
Americans See Limits on Citizenship for Children of Illegals As Best Way to Stop Illegal Immigration
56% Say Federal Government Encourages Illegal Immigration
52% Say U.S. Not Aggressive Enough in Deportations; 14% Say Too Aggressive
7% Say Feds Very Likely to Close Border If Immigration Plan Becomes Law
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Most voters don’t want any of the young illegal immigrants who’ve recently arrived here housed in their state and say any legislation passed by Congress to deal with the problem should focus on sending them home as soon as possible.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Voters don't want illegals flooding into our country.
No we don't and most of us aren't too stupid to realize as a country we have limited resources and our own need help through this difficult economic times, no one needs more people on the welfare rolls or filling our schools who are supposed to educate our children with money from our property taxes.
Alfred

Memphis, TN

#74041 Jul 18, 2014
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
Global warming is a hoax and they had great plans to make huge mega profits off panic. Al Gore, the inventor of the internet (lol) had planned to make his next 100 million off of that for his retirement years. EPA regulations are nothing but a power grab so certain people can make a filthy profit while keeping regular citizens hands tied behind their backs in lost of freedom.
Yep saw the 'increase risk' assessment and you can bet the insurances are going to ask for a 'necessary' increase which they will get. Sorry for those in the target zone I thank goodness are in the clear.
Wonder why all that smog control devices are on the cars?

If the smog from cars and pollution from generating station and pesticide poisons and fracing caused no problems, then why have regulations?

Why not pick a backward state like Oklahoma and do away with all regulations as a test case?

Than we can see if any thing will happen. If any harm comes to the neighboring states, than the okies can be held accountable.

Repugs across the nation are either stupid and ignorant or have no control of their facilities.
Bud

United States

#74042 Jul 18, 2014
LOL Wingnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Tamara's a Dem. and JAG and all the other names on that list...
Their a Dem and vote Republican.....
Yes sir...your not a liar at all....
Misty Girl was Packing Heat's side kick for years...all one has to do is go back and look at the beginning of this thread...
Ha ha ha
Next you'll list Packing Heat as a Dem as well
Dems against gay...against really everything the Dem party stands for...
Cause you can't find a single post by any of them that's not against gays and gay marriage, a womans right to choose, Obamacare...civil rights..
Dusty...WMCOL ...sometimes would lean left....sometimes..
But find us a post by Tamara...Dee...Misty Girl...Jag....supporting Dem causes...
You never will...because they don't..
Give us a post with the number on that post...
LOL Wingnuts.
For once act like an adult Karen stop making statements you have NO way of knowing how these people voted unless they tell you. You're not a mind reader Karen you have trouble tying your own shoes in the morning.
Bud

United States

#74043 Jul 18, 2014
Alfred wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder why all that smog control devices are on the cars?
If the smog from cars and pollution from generating station and pesticide poisons and fracing caused no problems, then why have regulations?
Why not pick a backward state like Oklahoma and do away with all regulations as a test case?
Than we can see if any thing will happen. If any harm comes to the neighboring states, than the okies can be held accountable.
Repugs across the nation are either stupid and ignorant or have no control of their facilities.
Look at the empirical evidence and it's not in your favor sorry that's just the facts.
LOL Wingnuts

Oklahoma City, OK

#74044 Jul 18, 2014
When the Republicans Loved Vladimir Putin

Back when Putin was in the news for oppressing LGBT people, many conservatives said he had his virtues

Heat and the others were quite taken with the manly man..

Awe ...memories...
Fake Lisa

Memphis, TN

#74045 Jul 18, 2014
3.2 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Alfalfa County

Posted: Jul 18, 2014 9:17 AM CDT
Updated: Jul 18, 2014 9:18 AM CDT

ALFALFA COUNTY, Oklahoma - A 3.2 magnitude earthquake shook residents in Alfalfa County, Friday morning.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the earthquake was recorded at 8:41 a.m. Friday. Its epicenter was located nine miles northeast of Helena, 22 miles northwest of Enid, and 88 miles north, northwest of Oklahoma City.

It was about three miles deep.

No injuries or damage were immediately reported.
LOL Wingnuts

Oklahoma City, OK

#74046 Jul 18, 2014
Bud..

I take them at their word...and from reading their posts...
Fake Lisa

Memphis, TN

#74047 Jul 18, 2014
Okie city and Tulsie rulers have no clue about the many water lines breaks,

Dumbazzess okies.
LOL Wingnuts

Oklahoma City, OK

#74048 Jul 18, 2014
Look at the empirical evidence and it's not in your favor sorry that's just the facts.

Show me some and I'll show you some..
Fake Lisa

Memphis, TN

#74049 Jul 18, 2014
Parts Of Oklahoma Moved Into Top Two Earthquake Hazard Zones

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 9:23 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 17, 2014 9:23 PM CDT
By Associated Press

WASHINGTON -
A new federal earthquake map dials up the shaking hazard just a bit for about one-third of the United States and lowers it for one-tenth of the nation.

The U.S. Geological Survey updated Thursday its national seismic hazard maps for the first time since 2008, taking into account research from the devastating 2011 earthquake and tsunami off the Japanese coast and the surprise 2011 Virginia temblor.

Most of the changes are slight. Project chief Mark Petersen said parts of Washington, Oregon, Utah, Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming and Tennessee moved into the top two hazard zones.

Parts of 16 states have the highest risk for earthquakes: Alaska, Hawaii, California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Illinois, Kentucky and South Carolina.
Fake Lisa

Memphis, TN

#74050 Jul 18, 2014
Developers Taking New Measures With Oklahoma Earthquakes On The Rise

Posted: Jul 18, 2014 7:41 AM CDT
Updated: Jul 18, 2014 7:54 AM CDT

Developers are taking new measures to protect Tulsa’s signature skyline from earthquakes.

Structural Engineer, Larry Vorba said we are hearing more about earthquake braces because a lot of the residential construction going on now is in buildings from the 20s.

In the Vandever lofts on East 5th Street, they’ve incorporated them into the design of some of the apartments.
I
TULSA, Oklahoma -- Developers are taking new measures to protect Tulsa’s signature skyline from earthquakes. There were always building codes for wind in Oklahoma, but not necessarily earthquakes.

Many of the buildings downtown went up in the 20s when earthquakes weren’t even on the radar. Now, those buildings being remodeled have to add at least one massive X-brace, as developers call them, on each floor.

In the Vandever lofts on East 5th Street, they’ve incorporated them into the design of some of the apartments.

“Residents really seem to like the feature. It’s something unique and cool in an old building,” said Apartment Manager, Monika Bhow.

For developers, the news that they needed to take the extra steps came as a bit of a surprise.

“Initial plans, when I saw them, I either didn’t realize the size or scope of these seismic braces, but once they were up I really realized what an impact they make on the whole construction project,” Bhow said.

In the Harrington Lofts, Doug Rains thought his mom was joking when she broke the news to him.

“It’s sturdy now and it was about a six week project,” Rains said.

He said they weren’t expecting the process or the cost; each one of the braces can cost $20,000.

“The design is to support the columns so if an earthquake did happen it would distribute the force between the buildings, it wouldn’t be just a stiff structure. So if there was a massive earthquake it would keep building completely secure and safe,” said Rains.

Oklahoma adopted the international building code in 2009 and earthquake protection has always been a part of it.

“Probably sinking some teeth into it just due to the fact that we’ve seen a rise in number of earthquakes in the area,” said Structural Engineer, Larry Vorba.

Vorba also said we are hearing more about earthquake braces because a lot of the residential construction going on now is in buildings from the 20s. He said they are masonry or concrete construction and in an earthquake they would work against themselves.

“Cause they’re very heavy and they’re massive and they’re very stiff. And so when the ground moves, they try and stay where they were and that develops big sheer forces through the building structure,” he said.

Rains said,“It was a bit of a surprise, I didn’t’ think it was much of an issue. In my view this building has been standing for almost 100 years, but we have been getting more earthquakes recently, so at least we’re safe now and have nothing to worry about.”

Another issue developers faced was trying to find the welders familiar enough with how to work the X-braces since it is such a new concept in the area.

Each development is different, but across the board in the state of Oklahoma, now, it’s not protection against strong winds but earthquakes that all developers need to take before the projects are signed off on.
Fake Lisa

Memphis, TN

#74051 Jul 18, 2014
Too little ----too late
Fake Lisa

Memphis, TN

#74052 Jul 18, 2014
Oklahoma, United States has had:(M1.5 or greater)

4 earthquakes today
32 earthquakes in the past 7 days
120 earthquakes in the past month
855 earthquakes in the past year
Fake Lisa

Memphis, TN

#74053 Jul 18, 2014
The largest earthquake in Oklahoma, United States:

today: 3.2 in Enid, Oklahoma, United States
this week: 4.3 in Guthrie, Oklahoma, United States
this month: 4.3 in Enid, Oklahoma, United States
this year: 4.5 in Edmond, Oklahoma, United States

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristi Lee. (Atkinson) (Sep '13) 14 hr Not Her 7
demchi Mon L7PM 4
shame snyder (Sep '06) Mon YouStupid 6
Johnny Davis (Jan '14) Sun L7PM 29
Snow Mar 1 Thatsit 1
Curious Feb 28 Haylee 10
Hoe (Nov '11) Feb 27 Dorene too 22
Altus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web