Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#58811 Jan 22, 2014
GOP Rep.: Wife Should 'Voluntarily Submit' To Her Husband

Rep. Steve Pearce (R-NM) believes the wife is to voluntarily submit, just as the husband is to lovingly lead and sacrifice," Pearce wrote in a December memoir "Just Fly The Plane, Stupid!" that cites the Bible. "The husband's part is to show up during the times of deep stress, take the leadership role and be accountable for the outcome, blaming no one else."

Well there you have it....Christian theocracy rules the House....
Lisa

United States

#58812 Jan 22, 2014
HUNREDS LOOSE THEIR DOCTOR DUE TO OBAMACARE...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/hundreds-...
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#58813 Jan 22, 2014
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>And thanks to Barack Hussein Obama... it really grew at a rapid rate.

Check it out all over the internet... FACT!
https://www.google.com/#q=Greatest+inequality...
This was going to be my answer too.

How about instead of brining the top down, the left tries to being the bottom up. I know it's hard to fathom, but rich people are not enemies and your jealousy will not fix it.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#58814 Jan 22, 2014
The Huffington Post

09/01/13 02:03 PM ET
Despite President Obama’s view that growing income inequality is hurting the nation, it’s actually gotten worse during his tenure, at least according to one measure.

The difference between America’s median and average wages grew at a rate of 0.28 percent under President Bush, while it’s grown at a rate of 1.14 percent -- or about four times that -- under Obama, according to The New York Times. The median wage is the midpoint of all workers’ wages, so it only ticks up when everyone is earning more. While a small group of people earning higher pay can push the average wage up.

So, as the difference between the two rises, it means that those at the bottom of the income scale are making fewer gains compared to those at the top.

This data point is one of many that illustrates that in Obama’s America the rich are gaining while the rest of us are struggling to get by. The wealthy took home a greater share of the nation’s income during the years following the recession, under Obama, than between 2002 and 2007, under Bush, according to a 2012 analysis from Emmanuel Saez, a professor at the University of California, Berkeley.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#58815 Jan 22, 2014
And another Christian Theocrat:

Chicago GOP Hopeful: Autism and Dementia Are Gods Punishments for LGBT Rights

One of the Republicans lining up to challenge Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) for her seat representing the 9th District of Illinois told the Chicago Daily Herald that God is angry with the United States and has sent scourges to punish the American people.

Candidate Susanne Atanus believes that autism and forms of dementia are punishments sent by God because of the growing support for marriage equality in the country and the prevalence of abortion.

I am a conservative Republican and I believe in God first, Atanus said at an endorsement session with the Daily Herald on Monday.

God controls the weather, she said, and tornadoes are evidence of his wrath.

God is angry. We are provoking him with abortions and same-sex marriage and civil unions, she said.Same-sex activity is going to increase AIDS. If its in our military it will weaken our military. We need to respect God.

Hear that Oklahoma.....She says tornadoes are the result of God's wrath.....I wonder what the kids killed in the Moore tornado did to God...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/22/chicago...
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#58816 Jan 22, 2014
"Every woman should be able to make her own choices about her body and her health." President Obama on the 41st anniversary of Roe v. Wade
Lisa

United States

#58817 Jan 22, 2014
WHAT AMERICA THINKS ABOUT ABORTION...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2542654
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#58818 Jan 22, 2014
Agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and Repubs are the ones insisting on cutting off UI benefits and driving down our economy down further and if the Dems and the President pass any jobs billsl they go to sit in the House...

After all the Rich have all the money...and their not doing anything about jobs so MORE tax cuts is a waste, but that's all Repubs know...

The House Republicans are only concerned about passing further Abortion restrictions and stopping Obamacare...

I'm really looking forward to elections this year..
Blah blah blah. And every jobs bill the House passes sits in the Senate. It's a two way street. And since the House controls the purse, well, suck it up buttercup
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#58819 Jan 22, 2014
If the government would get OUT of business affairs, we wouldn't be in this position in the first place. I hope they never pass a jobs bill. It's not their place.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#58820 Jan 22, 2014
Agnostic wrote:
GOP Rep.: Wife Should 'Voluntarily Submit' To Her Husband

Rep. Steve Pearce (R-NM) believes the wife is to voluntarily submit, just as the husband is to lovingly lead and sacrifice," Pearce wrote in a December memoir "Just Fly The Plane, Stupid!" that cites the Bible. "The husband's part is to show up during the times of deep stress, take the leadership role and be accountable for the outcome, blaming no one else."

Well there you have it....Christian theocracy rules the House....
Wow. What a horrible man to say that a man should take his role in the house. If men would take their family roles, things would be a lot different and we wouldn't have so many fatherless kids ending up in prison and you wouldn't have as many women to convince to kill their babies. He's such a terrible human being.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#58821 Jan 22, 2014
And if more me. Took their role in the house, maybe I might be able to tell the difference between the boys and the girls of this generation. But feminists have turned our teenage boys into wimpy wusses.
Lisa

United States

#58822 Jan 22, 2014
CNN Hits Lowest Rated Week In Demo Since Jeff Zucker Took Over

By DOMINIC PATTEN | Wednesday January 22, 2014 @ 10:16am PST
Tags: CNN, Jeff Zucker, TV Ratings

After a week at the Sundance Film Festival, this probably wasnt the first anniversary present Jeff Zucker was looking for. After a year on the job, the CNN boss received some double bad news today: From January 13-19, the cable news network had its worst week in the adults 25-54 demo in both total day and primetime since Zucker began running the place. In total day, CNN pulled in 78,000 viewers in the key news demo, the worst it has done since the week of May 14-20, 2012 when CNN drew 74,000 viewers among the 25-54s. In primetime numbers, CNN had 99,000 viewers in the demo last week, slightly more that the 96,000 it garnered for the week of July 30-August 5, 2012 in the heart of the last Presidential election. The previous lows of Zuckers reign came the week of December 16-22, 2013, when CNN attracted 84,000 adults 25-54 and 106,000 viewers in primetime. By comparison to CNNs bad week last week, Fox News Channel had 212,000 in the demo for total day and 261,000 in primetime. MSNBC drew 148,000 in total day and 235,000 in primetime.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#58823 Jan 22, 2014
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. What a horrible man to say that a man should take his role in the house. If men would take their family roles, things would be a lot different and we wouldn't have so many fatherless kids ending up in prison and you wouldn't have as many women to convince to kill their babies. He's such a terrible human being.
We have separation of Church and State....

He should leave that message at the Church...

Now I know why Republican women hardly have representation in the Republican party...have to submitt to all those guys..

I listen to you about abortions the day we don't have kids looking for parents...

Do your duty----there are hundreds of kids in Oklahoma looking for families..
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#58824 Jan 22, 2014
DoesntMatter wrote:
And if more me. Took their role in the house, maybe I might be able to tell the difference between the boys and the girls of this generation. But feminists have turned our teenage boys into wimpy wusses.
I an a feminists and my son flies a P-8 in the US Navy..and if you couldn't tell that he's a guy...and he like strong achieving women as well...he married one.

Only small minded people lump all people under one title.
Packing Heat

Afton, OK

#58825 Jan 22, 2014
Democrats Fear Obamacare Will Cost Them The Senate

For Democrats, the politics of the health care law are creating a death spiral of their own. For the White House to protect its signature initiative, it needs to maintain a Democratic Senate majority past 2015. But to do so, Majority Leader Harry Reid needs to insulate vulnerable battleground-state Democrats, who are all too eager to propose their own fixes to the law that may be politically satisfying, but could undermine the fundamentals of the law.

Race-by-race polling conducted over the last month has painted a grim picture of the difficult environment Senate Democrats are facing next year. In Louisiana, a new state survey showed Landrieu's approval rating is now underwater; she tallied only 41% of the vote against her GOP opposition. In Arkansas, where advertising on the health care law began early, Sen. Mark Pryor's approval sank to 33%, a drop of 18 points since last year. A new Quinnipiac survey showed Sen. Mark Udall of Colorado, who looked like a lock for reelection last month, in a dead heat against little-known GOP opponents. Even a Democratic automated poll from Public Policy Polling showed Sen. Kay Hagan of North Carolina running neck-and-neck against Republican opposition, with her job disapproval spiking over the last two months. These are the types of numbers that wave elections are made of.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/democ...

CNN Poll: Democrats lose 2014 edge following Obamacare uproar
Democrats a month ago held a 50%-42% advantage among registered voters in a generic ballot.

The Democratic lead has disappeared. A new CNN/ORC poll indicates the GOP now holds a 49%-47% edge.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/...

The poll produces evidence that the ACA could spell trouble for Democrats in the 2014 midterm elections. Americans by a 16-point margin, 37-21 percent, are more likely to oppose than to support a candidate for Congress who favors Obamacare.
http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1155a1O...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/11/...
Packing Heat

Afton, OK

#58826 Jan 22, 2014
Obamacare is actively destroying jobs...

Boston Scientific said Tuesday it will prune another 900 to 1,000 jobs from its global workforce as it tries to manage the effects of Obamacare's new medical device tax while investing in new products and geographical markets.

http://www.startribune.com/business/188838501...

At least three firms have already announced layoffs in anticipation of the tax, including Michigan-based Stryker Corp, a maker of hip and knee replacements that said it will cut its work force by 5 percent, losing 1,000 jobs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health...

"This will make us one of the highest-taxed regions in the world, and that's going to have an impact on the appetite for people to invest in medical innovation," said Bill Hawkins, chief executive of Medtronic Inc., which makes medical devices. He said his company could cut at least 1,000 jobs to absorb a new 2.3% excise tax on medical-device makers.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...

Smith & Nephew Orthopedics is laying off an estimated 100 employees, citing the 2.3% excise tax on orthopedic device companies as the reason.

http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2013/...
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#58827 Jan 22, 2014
Agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>We have separation of Church and State....

He should leave that message at the Church...

Now I know why Republican women hardly have representation in the Republican party...have to submitt to all those guys..

I listen to you about abortions the day we don't have kids looking for parents...

Do your duty----there are hundreds of kids in Oklahoma looking for families..
Did he impose this as a law on you? Then no, he doesn't have to shut up. And freedom of religion gives him that right to believe as he feels and he does not have to keep it to himself. That amendment was freedom of religion not freedom from it

Get over it. Or don't, doesn't matter. It's still not going to change.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#58828 Jan 22, 2014
Agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>I an a feminists and my son flies a P-8 in the US Navy..and if you couldn't tell that he's a guy...and he like strong achieving women as well...he married one.

Only small minded people lump all people under one title.
Then your brain is the size of a pea , but we already knew that we just weren't sure why. Thanks for letting us know.
Packing Heat

Afton, OK

#58829 Jan 22, 2014
Obama, always playing the race card... FACT!
http://www.humanevents.com/2014/01/20/obama-b...

"If I had a son..."
"The police acted stupidly..."

Why did Obama side with the black person, each time, before any facts were in?
He played the race victim card each time... FACT!

Biggest racist around... Obama loves keepin it going for power and profit.
Packing Heat

Afton, OK

#58830 Jan 22, 2014
Democrats obstruction caused The Great Recession...

New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

By STEPHEN LABATON
Published: September 11, 2003

The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.

Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.

The new agency would have the authority, which now rests with Congress, to set one of the two capital-reserve requirements for the companies. It would exercise authority over any new lines of business. And it would determine whether the two are adequately managing the risks of their ballooning portfolios.

The plan is an acknowledgment by the administration that oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which together have issued more than $1.5 trillion in outstanding debt, is broken. A report by outside investigators in July concluded that Freddie Mac manipulated its accounting to mislead investors, and critics have said Fannie Mae does not adequately hedge against rising interest rates.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/11/business/ne...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Christian Church Review 7 hr Truth 4
Johnny Davis (Jan '14) 18 hr Samantha 32
Kristi Lee. (Atkinson) (Sep '13) Apr 23 Hummm 17
Jaimie Rockhold/solis (Apr '12) Apr 22 ualreadyknow 24
Curious Apr 21 ualreadyknow 16
A+ minor Anthony Neal (Sep '14) Apr 17 insider 49
Robert Chambers Apr 10 Lmao 1
More from around the web

Altus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE