OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#46899 Aug 30, 2013
Why can't the party of 'getting elected, but not governing' answer this simple question?

What exactly, since November 2012, has Barack Hussein Obama done....I mean, besides:

Monsanto Immunity
Rolled back Obamacare for Corporations, but not the working class or poor because Obama really hates those folks.
Loosened Regulations on the too big to fail folks
His personal creation "The Sequester"
Closed the White House to the public
Drone Wars
Spies on Americans
Chases Heroes who reported his crimes to the ends of the earth to persecute and prosecute them
Lied to Congress
Censored and Threatened Congress
Confiscated Reporters Phones and Records and Threatened Them
Stopped inspecting the poultry and pork industries, allowing them to'inspect' themselves

Did I miss anything, lol... Oh'and taught me his way to handle these undocumented Democrats.
See Earlier Post...
So What

Newalla, OK

#46900 Aug 30, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of the same person posting but under different names I am sure So What is doing it. Here are the posting name all from Choctaw--'I am comfused' and 'Guess Who' and 'The Historian'.
My day is going OK. Just been worried about my friend. She was move out of ICU into a room and the doctors want her move to a medical place that is just under hospital care. But now Doctors, Medicare and Health Ins. are arguing about what to do with her. Every time they move in nursing home care she end back at a major hospital and usually into ICU. So what the health ins and medicare think they are saving money wise I am not seeing it. It amazes me the there are non medical people in charge of making these decisions. I feel like the type if situation will only get worse if Obamacare really get up and going. Hope not!
]Don't forget Charlie Pride, you racist.

Politians need to stop wasting time trying to repeal Obamacare, and start trying to make it better. Nobody has ever claimed it was perfect, just a starting point. But as long as we allow the insurance companies to contribute to election campaigns we will be at their mercy.

I heard something on NPR yesterday that was very interesting. In Kentucky they did a survey. When they introduced Obamacare Healthcare Plan to people, the majority of people were against it. Then they introduced the same healthcare plan under the name KY Healthcare and the majority of people were for it.

I don't claim to have the answers because it really doesn't affect me, but I do know this, people on this forum that claim to be conservatives need to find a sense of humor, and one liberal needs to stop calling them names. If your not laughing at this point I'm talking about YOU.
So What

Newalla, OK

#46901 Aug 30, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
Why can't the party of 'getting elected, but not governing' answer this simple question?
What exactly, since November 2012, has Barack Hussein Obama done....I mean, besides:
Monsanto Immunity
Rolled back Obamacare for Corporations, but not the working class or poor because Obama really hates those folks.
Loosened Regulations on the too big to fail folks
His personal creation "The Sequester"
Closed the White House to the public
Drone Wars
Spies on Americans
Chases Heroes who reported his crimes to the ends of the earth to persecute and prosecute them
Lied to Congress
Censored and Threatened Congress
Confiscated Reporters Phones and Records and Threatened Them
Stopped inspecting the poultry and pork industries, allowing them to'inspect' themselves
Did I miss anything, lol... Oh'and taught me his way to handle these undocumented Democrats.
See Earlier Post...
Didn't rollback Homeland Security Civil Rights Violations, but made them even worse.

Played roulette with unionized government jobs, and lost.

Has stopped pushing for serious Education reform.

Got another dog when he already told his daughters one was enough.
So What

Newalla, OK

#46902 Aug 30, 2013
I think our enemies are waging an economic war against us. I believe they are trying to bait us into more wars, so that we will destroy our selves. They have been fighting wars long before we were ever a country, so they are willing to take their time believing that it is on their side. Hopefully I'm wrong because if not, it looks like we are more than willing to take the bait.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#46903 Aug 30, 2013
So What wrote:
I think our enemies are waging an economic war against us. I believe they are trying to bait us into more wars, so that we will destroy our selves. They have been fighting wars long before we were ever a country, so they are willing to take their time believing that it is on their side. Hopefully I'm wrong because if not, it looks like we are more than willing to take the bait.
This person you keep attacking and calling name wants to say for once I actually agree with you on this post.

Have a good nite. Will be anxious to see how you turn this post into something bad in regards to you!
So What

Newalla, OK

#46904 Aug 30, 2013
Well it looks like Ted Nugent is now out of the 2016 Presidential Race. His wife was busted for trying to carry a firearm onto a plane. Of course there is always Big Interest NRA money that might turn that around for him.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#46907 Aug 30, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason you're here is to try to make someone else feel as pathetic and miserable as you

I understand your low self esteem but... unlike you, I didn't need any help from Uncle Sam to make myself successful.

Something you will only dream about junior... DISMISSED!
You're the paranoid with conspiracy and bigotry issues.
No one is here for you or cares.

I don't pay taxes, very good accountants.

You can't order anyone around. You're just nuts
and it shows.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#46908 Aug 30, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
Obama should do the right thing about Syria...
First he should condemn Hillary and fire Kerry for being stupid.
Then he should demand Biden be impeached.
Next he should resign from office, only hanging around only long enough to apologize to the poor person who will have to fix his endless screw ups.
Then he can retire to Kenya and listen to those beautiful sounds of the Muslim call to prayers and his brother Odinga f*cking the community Camel.
Your imagination is just funny.
Wild dreams and fantasies.

Mention these to a psychiatrist and see
what becomes of you.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#46909 Aug 30, 2013
So What wrote:
Well it looks like Ted Nugent is now out of the 2016 Presidential Race. His wife was busted for trying to carry a firearm onto a plane. Of course there is always Big Interest NRA money that might turn that around for him.

Nope, looks like all will be well. Turns out the entire incident was just an “honest mistake,” according to actual facts of the case and that Mrs. Nugent has a concealed handgun license.

Guns are allowed in checked luggage, but not carry on luggage on the planes and that was just an honest mistake on Mrs. Nugents part but, everyone expressed their apologies, realizing others have made this honest mistake too.

It was unclear whether her world famous and well respected husband was with her at the time or has any 2016 presidential aspirations but... Ted Nugent was scheduled to play a concert in Ramona, Calif., on Thursday night and could have stayed at a Holiday Inn once, lol.

Through July, security found 57 guns in carry-on bags at D/FW Airport. The airport ranks second behind Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, according to a Transportation Security Administration spokesman. George Bush Intercontinental Airport ranks third, and Dallas Love Field comes in at No. 12.
Jerry

Minneapolis, MN

#46911 Aug 30, 2013
Tis so sad that the okies are such fools
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#46912 Aug 30, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the history lesson. I was wondering how Lil Hay got his name. Here's a little history back at you. http://enidnews.com/localnews/x598327311/Loca...
Found out from someone that went to Phillips University. They said that the Mascot was Haymakers and where the Skunk thing came in was a nickname for PU/Phillips University. Like I sad Phillips was a good college and did a lot for Enid. It still is doing good by awarding Scholarships for student to go to college.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#46915 Aug 30, 2013
The new health care law promises all sorts of free benefits -- but analysts argue nothing is ultimately free, and ObamaCare is no exception.

“P. J. O'Rourke famously said that if you think health care is expensive now, wait until it's free,” said Avik Roy, of the Manhattan Institute.“Once you lard on all these additional things, all these extras that insurers must provide, you have to pay for that."
For the average consumer, that means taxes, the American Enterprise Institute’s Jim Capretta told Fox News.
"There's going to be taxes on insurance. Taxes on drugs. Taxes on medical devices. All of that is getting passed through to the prices people have to pay either for direct services or their insurance premiums,” he said.
The administration points to a host of free services as one of the early benefits of the new law.
"That means free check-ups, free mammograms, immunizations and other basic services,” President Obama said last year.
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius also says "people now have preventive services as part of their health plan without co-pays and coinsurance. So everything from cancer screenings to children's immunizations have to be covered."
Plus, children up to 26 can stay on their parents' plan at no cost.
Delta Airlines, though, says that change will cost the company $8 million just next year.
And they're not alone.
Helen Daring, CEO of the National Business Group on Health, said: "I know of at least one employer that gained eight-thousand people [on the insurance rolls]. Now even if they're not the most expensive, eight-thousand people -- that's a lot of people."
That's why analysts say nothing in health care is really free -- someone, somewhere has to pay. In fact, doctors note many government programs pay too little for preventive care to make it widely available.
"The actual reimbursement for the physician is below the actual cost of providing the service," said Dr. Ramin Oskoui of Sibley Hospital in Washington. "So while it’s great for patients, it doesn't work for doctors."
He compares it to the government telling a restaurant they can only charge a set price for a hamburger.
"Let’s say you told them they can only charge $10.95 for that burger," he said. "But the cost of the beef, the bun, the vegetables, keeps rising. That squeezes their profit margins. Eventually they have no profit and they're losing money on producing that burger."
The restaurant, then, would stop serving the burger, which Oskoui claims is “what’s happening in medicine,” meaning less access to care.
There is one other factor -- some research shows while preventive care is a good thing, offering it for free could swamp the medical system.
John Goodman of the National Center for Policy Analysis in Dallas notes that "economists at Duke University estimated that if we all went every year and got all of the free tests we're supposed to have, that this will take 7.5 hours of every doctor's time, every working day."
That would bog down the entire medical profession, he argues, leaving them less time to deal with people who are actually sick.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#46916 Aug 30, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
The new health care law promises all sorts of free benefits -- but analysts argue nothing is ultimately free, and ObamaCare is no exception.
“P. J. O'Rourke famously said that if you think health care is expensive now, wait until it's free,” said Avik Roy, of the Manhattan Institute.“Once you lard on all these additional things, all these extras that insurers must provide, you have to pay for that."
For the average consumer, that means taxes, the American Enterprise Institute’s Jim Capretta told Fox News.
"There's going to be taxes on insurance. Taxes on drugs. Taxes on medical devices. All of that is getting passed through to the prices people have to pay either for direct services or their insurance premiums,” he said.
The administration points to a host of free services as one of the early benefits of the new law.
"That means free check-ups, free mammograms, immunizations and other basic services,” President Obama said last year.
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius also says "people now have preventive services as part of their health plan without co-pays and coinsurance. So everything from cancer screenings to children's immunizations have to be covered."
Plus, children up to 26 can stay on their parents' plan at no cost.
Delta Airlines, though, says that change will cost the company $8 million just next year.
And they're not alone.
Helen Daring, CEO of the National Business Group on Health, said: "I know of at least one employer that gained eight-thousand people [on the insurance rolls]. Now even if they're not the most expensive, eight-thousand people -- that's a lot of people."
That's why analysts say nothing in health care is really free -- someone, somewhere has to pay. In fact, doctors note many government programs pay too little for preventive care to make it widely available.
"The actual reimbursement for the physician is below the actual cost of providing the service," said Dr. Ramin Oskoui of Sibley Hospital in Washington. "So while it’s great for patients, it doesn't work for doctors."
He compares it to the government telling a restaurant they can only charge a set price for a hamburger.
"Let’s say you told them they can only charge $10.95 for that burger," he said. "But the cost of the beef, the bun, the vegetables, keeps rising. That squeezes their profit margins. Eventually they have no profit and they're losing money on producing that burger."
The restaurant, then, would stop serving the burger, which Oskoui claims is “what’s happening in medicine,” meaning less access to care.
There is one other factor -- some research shows while preventive care is a good thing, offering it for free could swamp the medical system.
John Goodman of the National Center for Policy Analysis in Dallas notes that "economists at Duke University estimated that if we all went every year and got all of the free tests we're supposed to have, that this will take 7.5 hours of every doctor's time, every working day."
That would bog down the entire medical profession, he argues, leaving them less time to deal with people who are actually sick.
Everyone keeps going on about with Obamcare going into affect the there will be free preventable care. Well we have it now and IT IS NOT FREE nor will it be under Obamacare. The way it works now is who ever you have your health insurance with the preventable care will be paid by your health ins. whether your deductible has been meet and there is no co-pays to the patient. But these service are being paid for by your health ins. company. This has been in pay for awhile so it is not anything new. No can expect these services to be completely free.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#46917 Aug 30, 2013
If the services for Preventable care was free how does all the people involved in performing these services get paid? Like colonoscopies are performed as a minor surgery procedure and many people are involved in preforming it.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#46918 Aug 30, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone keeps going on about with Obamcare going into affect the there will be free preventable care. Well we have it now and IT IS NOT FREE nor will it be under Obamacare. The way it works now is who ever you have your health insurance with the preventable care will be paid by your health ins. whether your deductible has been meet and there is no co-pays to the patient. But these service are being paid for by your health ins. company. This has been in pay for awhile so it is not anything new. No can expect these services to be completely free.
That was the point
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#46919 Aug 31, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the point
SO many people hear the word free and their minds stop right there. I look at paper work from the insurance companies and usually they have contracted with health providers to what they will pay toward health care procedures and the amount seems low and more when it comes to Medicare. Usually after deductibles are met insurance pays 80% and you are paying the 20% if you do not have a secondary. What is costly is premiums and deductibles. Now If your employer is paying part not as bad. But for individuals having to buy it on there own yes it is very costly.. I do agree that people with pre-existing condition should not be turned away. I have not heard though if now and under Obamacare if they higher premiums or not.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#46920 Aug 31, 2013
Syrians in Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack...

The U.S. and others are not interested in examining any contrary evidence, with U.S Secretary of State John Kerry saying Monday that Assad’s guilt was “a judgment … already clear to the world.”

Although Saudi Arabia has officially maintained that it supported more moderate rebels, the newspaper reported that “funds and arms were being funneled to radicals on the side, simply to counter the influence of rival Islamists backed by Qatar.”

But rebels interviewed said Prince Bandar is referred to as “al-Habib” or ‘the lover’ by al-Qaida militants fighting in Syria.
http://original.antiwar.com/Dale-Gavlak/2013/...
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#46921 Aug 31, 2013
Benghazi Jihadists Directly Connected to Obama Supported Syrian Rebels...

We all know what’s going to happen in Syria. Barack Obama is attempting to do a little dance to talk about “being concerned” and “considering carefully” what to do, but in the end we all know what his decision will be, in spite of the fact that there is no international coalition to strike Syria, nor is their constitutional authority to do so. However, the only people who benefit from a U.S. strike in Syria are the Obama supported Syrian rebels, who are a part of al-Qaeda and directly tied to the very al-Qaeda jihadists Ansar al-Sharia that attacked the diplomatic mission and CIA Annex in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012, leaving 4 Americans dead and dozens wounded.

U.S. intelligence agencies earlier this month uncovered new evidence that al Qaeda-linked terrorists in Benghazi are training foreign jihadists to fight with Syria’s Islamist rebels, according to U.S. officials.

Ansar al-Sharia, the al Qaeda-affiliated militia that U.S. officials say orchestrated the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. diplomatic compound and a CIA facility in Benghazi, is running several training camps for jihadists in Benghazi and nearby Darnah, another port city further east, said officials who discussed some details of the camps on condition of anonymity.

The officials said the terror training camps have been in operation since at least May and are part of a network that funnels foreign fighters to Syrian rebel groups, including the Al-Nusra Front, the most organized of the Islamist rebel groups fighting the Bashar al-Assad regime in Damascus.

The officials said the jihadist training is a clear indication that Ansar al-Sharia continues to conduct terrorist activities and is linked to jihadists in both Syria and North Africa.

Is this one of those “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” scenarios? Haven’t we learned by now that doesn’t work out well? I guess not.

Though Britain says that a strike on Syria is justified on humanitarian grounds, the British Parliament voted down an endorsement of military action against Syria on Thursday.

Russia and China also pushed away from a United Nations Security Council session which was discussing the draft resolution on Syria proposed by Great Britain.

To top it off, a bi-partisan letter was sent from 116 congressmen to Barack Obama admonishing him to honor the Constitution and get congressional approval in order to strike Syria has gone out.

Is anyone else seeing a problem with this out of control criminal in the White House? It appears that Barack Obama is defying not only the Constitution of the United States, but even the international community. Obama is willing to stand against all opposition except Islamic jihadists.
Misty

Mitchell, SD

#46922 Aug 31, 2013
Tamara, the reason preventative care isn't subject to your deductible and co-pay is because that part of the Affordable Care Act was implemented Jan., 2011. There have been companies who have provided it in the past, but it wasn't the norm. Mine never did.

I'm always confused when people say that it's going to be "free" or that it's a "handout." There are subsidies that will help the lower income families pay their deductible, but right now they use the ER for their medical care provider and the hospitals suffer a loss and their county picks up the rest of the tab, along with a higher charge for those of us who are insured.

One of the best things about the AFA is the fact that people with pre-existing conditions will now be accepted by ins. companies. They were only interested in the healthiest, youngest customers.

Ins. Co. CEO's will no longer get 5 million dollar Christmas bonuses. The companies are required to spend 80% of the premiums on their people or give them a rebate of premiums in Oct. The VA makes it on a 2% profit margin so why can't ins. co. make it on a 20% margin?

Ins. co. can no longer put a cap on what they will pay. There are children who haven't reached 5 who have met that cap and would've never been insurable again.

Is it perfect? Definitely not, but with all the opposition, they did their best.

How can anyone afford to be WITHOUT health insurance? I've had medical bills that would've sent me into bankruptcy had I not been insured and I know I'm not alone.
Misty

Mitchell, SD

#46923 Aug 31, 2013
Packing Heat, you are the one who is out of control with your hatred for our President. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with his policies, but your tea party attitude, hatred, lies, are more disgusting then anything this Administration has done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda Buckley's pregnant 12 year old daughter 7 hr Disturbing 2
Dorothy lofton aka Dottie (Mar '17) Tue Devin 11
Michael poundstone anyone know about him? Tue Atown 5
Derrick and Sandy Raby Tue concerned citizen 1
Michelle Putnam (Apr '17) Mon Mkz 11
Chaos and Dysfunction at State Capitol Nov 19 Tell it Like it is 1
For Mike Schulz Nov 18 As I see it 2

Altus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance