OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#46884 Aug 30, 2013
From Forbes:

"A few weeks ago, I discussed the fact that labor unions have been increasingly vocal about their objections to certain provisions of the Affordable Care Act. Obamacare will “shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits, but destroy the foundation of the 40 hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class,” wrote three labor leaders in July. Now, according to a report from InsideHealthPolicy, the Obama administration is considering offering insurance subsidies—intended for the uninsured—to labor union members who already have employer-sponsored coverage.

The issue at hand is the way Obamacare affects multi-employer health plans, also known as Taft-Hartley plans. These plans consist of employer-sponsored health insurance that is arranged between a labor union in a particular industry, such as restaurants, and small employers in that sector. Approximately 20 million workers in the United States are covered under such arrangements, including 800,000 of the 1.3 million members of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, whose leader, Joseph Hansen, signed the letter I described above.
Workers with employer-sponsored coverage don’t qualify for subsidized coverage on Obamacare’s insurance exchanges. Those subsidies are designed for low-income people who aren’t offered coverage from their employers, and have to shop for insurance on their own. But the labor union leaders want those subsidies to also apply to their members with employer-sponsored coverage, even though they already get those benefits tax-free due to the employer tax exclusion for health insurance.

Now, according to Rachana Dixit of InsideHealthPolicy, the administration is “working on regulations to address the issue” that people covered under Taft-Hartley plans aren’t eligible for subsidies. But it’s not an “issue” in the sense of being a glitch or a mistake; union leaders are seeking special treatment, and additional taxpayer subsidies, that other participants in employer-sponsored coverage don’t get.
“Democratic aides and sources off Capitol Hill say conversations about unions’ concerns are ongoing, and they say that the administration is working on regulations to address the issue,” Dixit writes.“But, it is not clear if the proposed Department of Labor rule” would satisfy unions’ concerns.“Separately, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi [D., Calif.] said to union members earlier this month that she was still working to resolve their concerns about the law, particularly on the Taft-Hartley plan issue.”
Richard Trumka, president of the AFL-CIO, confirmed to Alexis Simendiger of RealClearPolitics that “fixes” to the law were a “topic of conversation among top labor leaders and senior White House officials this week.”“We were talking about health care, and we’ll continue to talk about health care to try to solve problems,” said Trumka. Trumka, James Hoffa, chief of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, and other labor leaders met with President Obama’s chief of staff, Denis McDonough, on Tuesday.
‘Fixing’ unions’ concerns requires an act of Congress

Cont....
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#46885 Aug 30, 2013
However, it’s not clear what the White House can unilaterally do to address unions’ concerns. The text of the Affordable Care Act is straightforward; if you have gained coverage through an employer-sponsored health plan, you’re not eligible for subsidized coverage in the exchange, because you already get a subsidy through the tax code: you don’t pay income or payroll taxes on the value of your health coverage.
If, suddenly, the 20 million people on Taft-Hartley plans were eligible for subsidies, Obamacare’s costs would skyrocket. If half of those Taft-Hartley enrollees gained $5,000 per year in tax credits along with their tax-free health benefits, we’re talking $50 billion a year in additional insurance subsidies for those individuals. That’s more than half a trillion dollars over ten years, accounting for health inflation.
I would say that it’s inconceivable that the White House would seek to impose such a “fix” to Obamacare without the consent of Congress. But, given the other changes that the administration has made to the health law—of similarly questionable legality—we can’t rule anything out."

Funny how everyone's getting special treatment except small business owners.
I am comfused

Newalla, OK

#46888 Aug 30, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
Funny how everyone's getting special treatment except small business owners.
A union member, complaining about unions, standing up for union members. Have you no shame? No wonder your union doesn't stand up for you.

People that live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Or in your case; get decent wages or benefits.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#46889 Aug 30, 2013
WaqForOil wrote:
<quoted text>Here's sheer hypocrisy.It's OK to break the law by avoiding taxes but not OK to be the illegal immigrant.Some believe laws are important until they affect me.Packing Hypocrisy

I am learning from the best so the liberal retards say...
Your lack of intelligence or any comprehension skills of the "New Obama Laws" of this land are absolutely of no concern to Society at large.
Brush up on Obama Law here:

Just released yesterday...

Obamas Secret Deal With Mexico...
August 29, 2013
Instead of making sure that U.S. employers are not hiring illegal immigrants, the Obama administration has actually signed a secret deal with Mexico to protect the rights of illegal immigrants in the workplace. According to this memorandum of understanding, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission will spend U.S. taxpayer dollars to educate illegal immigrants about their civil rights, workplace safety, and minimum wage laws.

This is yet another example of how the Obama administration is openly flouting the law and doing all that it can to promote even more illegal immigration.

We are rapidly becoming a lawless nation that has absolutely no regard for the rule of law, and it all starts with the horrendous example that is being set at the very top.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/obamas-secre...

See, Obama uses them for votes, I help them make money including Illegals like Pedro, as Obama has insisted that is his law, Se amigo. Old laws are no more good amigo, Obama offer you hope and changed it.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#46890 Aug 30, 2013
WaqForOil wrote:
<quoted text>You can't make an argument if you can't
form sentences or sound intelligent.

Since you are not even relevent and you are not... just keep wishing loser.

Like I said Chump, your lack of Comprehension skills are of no concern to me or anyone else here that I'm aware of.

Try the Sylvan Learning Center for Retards, their ads say tuition is cheap and your welfare caseworker can help you with finacial assistance under the back to work program. Good Luck Learning...

BTW, your new screen name is so fitting to who you say your are Chester. When You do a Waq-for-oil, who gets the oil,
You or your Gerbil... just laughing at you and wondering how you retards think, lol.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#46891 Aug 30, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning to You. Been reading yours and Doesntmatter's posts to keep up. Actually Justi's take on things are interesting. I am not sure how I feel about the Middle East deal. I understood the Iraq deal because of 9/11 and us sticking our nose into it.

So So What is upset about thinking she has a stalker. How funny when she hers seems to be getting a buzz out of trying to stalk and bullying me. I guess when she attacks everyone that post on the posts she goes on it is understandable. Oh well life goes on.

I agree, "Interesting" is one way to describe it too but... the words "Progressive Fantasy" come to mind as well, lol.
Just recently I realized, that as much as I enjoy watching Wars unfold when they become a Direct Threat to America, this is not that kind of deal. We should stay back and let the Arab League Nations Clean it up, not sit on their ass and point fingers of blame at the USA for problems they continue to create. They can either clean it up or live in it but... I do favor our military being strong enough to destroy all the worlds militaries into our submission if suddenly they were all turn on America. That's how I feel about it.

"So What" dreams of having a fan-base that follows to all threads that "So What" posts on, lol, and he does. The disappointment will set in when finds out it is the same trolls, just different names that have always trolled this thread from day one. That's the part that will make "So What" feel used and violated and cheap, lol. At least I think he/she has a little hidden humor, if not, oh'well, lol.

Since "So What" thought they discovered "Trolls" on a Topix Forum, he/she is trying to re-create that "Chris Mathew Tingles" at your expense but... believe me, "So What" fails miserably every time and I have read everyone of those post like you have. That is also another "Liberal By-Law" they live by, "when you get beat them message, they resort to beating the messenger" but also remember this. They are also irrelevent meaningless words, those retards post of their rhetorical bullshit. Regardless how personal they think they are, you can attest, I can give it right back and low as they go, any day, lol.

Hope you're having a wonderful day...
Best Regards
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#46892 Aug 30, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
I am learning from the best so the liberal retards say...
Your lack of intelligence or any comprehension skills of the "New Obama Laws" of this land are absolutely of no concern to Society at large.
Brush up on Obama Law here:
August 29, 2013
Instead of making sure that U.S. employers are not hiring illegal immigrants, the Obama administration has actually signed a secret deal with Mexico to protect the rights of illegal immigrants in the workplace. According to this memorandum of understanding, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission will spend U.S. taxpayer dollars to educate illegal immigrants about their civil rights, workplace safety, and minimum wage laws.
This is yet another example of how the Obama administration is openly flouting the law and doing all that it can to promote even more illegal immigration.
We are rapidly becoming a lawless nation that has absolutely no regard for the rule of law, and it all starts with the horrendous example that is being set at the very top.
http://www.westernjournalism.com/obamas-secre...
See, Obama uses them for votes, I help them make money including Illegals like Pedro, as Obama has insisted that is his law, Se amigo. Old laws are no more good amigo, Obama offer you hope and changed it.
Are you serious? One more slap in the face when comes to citizens of this country.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#46893 Aug 30, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious? One more slap in the face when comes to citizens of this country.

Serious As A Heart Attack...

Barack Hussein Obama is the enemy of everyone in this country but... only some people actually have the ability to see it. The rest of the clueless idiot Obamabots are what most would call "low information voters". It's sad, really, but anyone who isn't already looking and planning to get out of this country at this point is crazy.

Now I know how the Germans felt in 1939 or the Russians in 1918 or the Chinese about 40-50 years ago. Yet, the people who support the disgusting FRAUD, CRIMINAL and ENEMY of the people, and who put him in office (with the help of voter fraud), have no clue about history. It's not their fault since they've been dumbed down so badly that they don't even realize it.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#46894 Aug 30, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>

Barack Hussein Obama is the enemy of everyone in this country but... only some people actually have the ability to see it.

Only special people like you see conspiracies
everywhere. Is Topix still censoring your posts ?

Watch for black helicopters, they actually will be
coming for you.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#46895 Aug 30, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, "Interesting" is one way to describe it too but... the words "Progressive Fantasy" come to mind as well, lol.
Just recently I realized, that as much as I enjoy watching Wars unfold when they become a Direct Threat to America, this is not that kind of deal. We should stay back and let the Arab League Nations Clean it up, not sit on their ass and point fingers of blame at the USA for problems they continue to create. They can either clean it up or live in it but... I do favor our military being strong enough to destroy all the worlds militaries into our submission if suddenly they were all turn on America. That's how I feel about it.
"So What" dreams of having a fan-base that follows to all threads that "So What" posts on, lol, and he does. The disappointment will set in when finds out it is the same trolls, just different names that have always trolled this thread from day one. That's the part that will make "So What" feel used and violated and cheap, lol. At least I think he/she has a little hidden humor, if not, oh'well, lol.
Since "So What" thought they discovered "Trolls" on a Topix Forum, he/she is trying to re-create that "Chris Mathew Tingles" at your expense but... believe me, "So What" fails miserably every time and I have read everyone of those post like you have. That is also another "Liberal By-Law" they live by, "when you get beat them message, they resort to beating the messenger" but also remember this. They are also irrelevent meaningless words, those retards post of their rhetorical bullshit. Regardless how personal they think they are, you can attest, I can give it right back and low as they go, any day, lol.
Hope you're having a wonderful day...
Best Regards
Speaking of the same person posting but under different names I am sure So What is doing it. Here are the posting name all from Choctaw--'I am comfused' and 'Guess Who' and 'The Historian'.

My day is going OK. Just been worried about my friend. She was move out of ICU into a room and the doctors want her move to a medical place that is just under hospital care. But now Doctors, Medicare and Health Ins. are arguing about what to do with her. Every time they move in nursing home care she end back at a major hospital and usually into ICU. So what the health ins and medicare think they are saving money wise I am not seeing it. It amazes me the there are non medical people in charge of making these decisions. I feel like the type if situation will only get worse if Obamacare really get up and going. Hope not!
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#46896 Aug 30, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch for black helicopters, they actually will be
coming for you.

The only reason you're here is to try to make someone else feel as pathetic and miserable as you do but... that nonsense does not work with me dufus.

I understand your low self esteem but... unlike you, I didn't need any help from Uncle Sam to make myself successful.

Something you will only dream about junior... DISMISSED!
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#46897 Aug 30, 2013
Obama should do the right thing about Syria...
First he should condemn Hillary and fire Kerry for being stupid.

Then he should demand Biden be impeached.

Next he should resign from office, only hanging around only long enough to apologize to the poor person who will have to fix his endless screw ups.

Then he can retire to Kenya and listen to those beautiful sounds of the Muslim call to prayers and his brother Odinga f*cking the community Camel.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#46898 Aug 30, 2013
Here is a another huge Liberal accomplishment...
Detroit is spending $52 Million of Obama bucks to tear down and plow under 5000 abandoned homes.

Now there are only another 70,000 to go.

What a clusterf*ck and Liberals own the whole mess.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#46899 Aug 30, 2013
Why can't the party of 'getting elected, but not governing' answer this simple question?

What exactly, since November 2012, has Barack Hussein Obama done....I mean, besides:

Monsanto Immunity
Rolled back Obamacare for Corporations, but not the working class or poor because Obama really hates those folks.
Loosened Regulations on the too big to fail folks
His personal creation "The Sequester"
Closed the White House to the public
Drone Wars
Spies on Americans
Chases Heroes who reported his crimes to the ends of the earth to persecute and prosecute them
Lied to Congress
Censored and Threatened Congress
Confiscated Reporters Phones and Records and Threatened Them
Stopped inspecting the poultry and pork industries, allowing them to'inspect' themselves

Did I miss anything, lol... Oh'and taught me his way to handle these undocumented Democrats.
See Earlier Post...
So What

Newalla, OK

#46900 Aug 30, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of the same person posting but under different names I am sure So What is doing it. Here are the posting name all from Choctaw--'I am comfused' and 'Guess Who' and 'The Historian'.
My day is going OK. Just been worried about my friend. She was move out of ICU into a room and the doctors want her move to a medical place that is just under hospital care. But now Doctors, Medicare and Health Ins. are arguing about what to do with her. Every time they move in nursing home care she end back at a major hospital and usually into ICU. So what the health ins and medicare think they are saving money wise I am not seeing it. It amazes me the there are non medical people in charge of making these decisions. I feel like the type if situation will only get worse if Obamacare really get up and going. Hope not!
]Don't forget Charlie Pride, you racist.

Politians need to stop wasting time trying to repeal Obamacare, and start trying to make it better. Nobody has ever claimed it was perfect, just a starting point. But as long as we allow the insurance companies to contribute to election campaigns we will be at their mercy.

I heard something on NPR yesterday that was very interesting. In Kentucky they did a survey. When they introduced Obamacare Healthcare Plan to people, the majority of people were against it. Then they introduced the same healthcare plan under the name KY Healthcare and the majority of people were for it.

I don't claim to have the answers because it really doesn't affect me, but I do know this, people on this forum that claim to be conservatives need to find a sense of humor, and one liberal needs to stop calling them names. If your not laughing at this point I'm talking about YOU.
So What

Newalla, OK

#46901 Aug 30, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
Why can't the party of 'getting elected, but not governing' answer this simple question?
What exactly, since November 2012, has Barack Hussein Obama done....I mean, besides:
Monsanto Immunity
Rolled back Obamacare for Corporations, but not the working class or poor because Obama really hates those folks.
Loosened Regulations on the too big to fail folks
His personal creation "The Sequester"
Closed the White House to the public
Drone Wars
Spies on Americans
Chases Heroes who reported his crimes to the ends of the earth to persecute and prosecute them
Lied to Congress
Censored and Threatened Congress
Confiscated Reporters Phones and Records and Threatened Them
Stopped inspecting the poultry and pork industries, allowing them to'inspect' themselves
Did I miss anything, lol... Oh'and taught me his way to handle these undocumented Democrats.
See Earlier Post...
Didn't rollback Homeland Security Civil Rights Violations, but made them even worse.

Played roulette with unionized government jobs, and lost.

Has stopped pushing for serious Education reform.

Got another dog when he already told his daughters one was enough.
So What

Newalla, OK

#46902 Aug 30, 2013
I think our enemies are waging an economic war against us. I believe they are trying to bait us into more wars, so that we will destroy our selves. They have been fighting wars long before we were ever a country, so they are willing to take their time believing that it is on their side. Hopefully I'm wrong because if not, it looks like we are more than willing to take the bait.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#46903 Aug 30, 2013
So What wrote:
I think our enemies are waging an economic war against us. I believe they are trying to bait us into more wars, so that we will destroy our selves. They have been fighting wars long before we were ever a country, so they are willing to take their time believing that it is on their side. Hopefully I'm wrong because if not, it looks like we are more than willing to take the bait.
This person you keep attacking and calling name wants to say for once I actually agree with you on this post.

Have a good nite. Will be anxious to see how you turn this post into something bad in regards to you!
So What

Newalla, OK

#46904 Aug 30, 2013
Well it looks like Ted Nugent is now out of the 2016 Presidential Race. His wife was busted for trying to carry a firearm onto a plane. Of course there is always Big Interest NRA money that might turn that around for him.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#46907 Aug 30, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason you're here is to try to make someone else feel as pathetic and miserable as you

I understand your low self esteem but... unlike you, I didn't need any help from Uncle Sam to make myself successful.

Something you will only dream about junior... DISMISSED!
You're the paranoid with conspiracy and bigotry issues.
No one is here for you or cares.

I don't pay taxes, very good accountants.

You can't order anyone around. You're just nuts
and it shows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any girls dtf in altus im 25 and single Thu Alisondra 2
John Merritt May 22 pdkdubyou 4
mikey blain (Jul '15) May 17 Curious81 9
A person not even doing anything gets life just... May 17 Curious81 2
Offender List May 10 stepho 3
David Thomas For District Attorney May 8 Angelof Mercy 5
Kelly Hollow Rd? May 6 KittyKat 2

Altus Jobs

Personal Finance

Altus Mortgages